US Government Jewing its Citizens

So, what, is the government rich?
I crunched the numbers and apparently a flat income tax rate of 10% without any other tax with all tax-paying citizens (55% - about 176,000,000) making only 20k a year can apparently equate to $352 trillion shekels earned from taxes.
If the government is supposedly going to spend $6 trillion, then what's up here? Why does this look fishy to my normie brain?
I gave a screenshot for proof.

>lolbertarian gtfo

Other urls found in this thread:

heritage.org/research/reports/2014/12/federal-spending-by-the-numbers-2014
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Oh, also, the $6 trillion figure was from heritage.org.
heritage.org/research/reports/2014/12/federal-spending-by-the-numbers-2014

Shit, also, there's $18 trillion in deficit.

bump

Also take into account that like 40% of the population doesn't pay shit

bump I want to see where OP is wrong

That's 352 billion, not trillion.

Exactly. I calculated for 55% paying tax.

Oh shit. There's where I went wrong. Based Nig.

R A R E
A
R
E

Are you some kind of moron?

Jesus christ.

OP here. I recalculated with a 20% tax instead of 10%. Almost a full trillion.
Assuming I was being conservative with the average income and people are around 30k, and if there's a 20 - 25% flat tax instead of 31, there could be some steady debt paying if the government has intelligent policy that doesn't favor corporate.

we already have very high corporate tax rates relative to the rest of the world

>CURRENT YEAR GOV
>intelligent spending

>35%
Very high is an understatement.
>
I'm stupid enough to take the bait, so yes
>>>everyone
I'm terrible with economics and the related.

Don't question the gov't, if you do there'll be at least 10 more slider threads.

You're missing the part where 50% of the public actually has a negative tax rate

That is, they get paid by the government through subsidies, welfare, food stamps, social security, etc.

That's a huge percentage of taxes gone before they can even be considered available for government spending

Also, what you said, I'd like to give the thread an example.
A lucrative business like McDonalds apparently pays a lot of taxes to the government. Without evasion, exemption, and other methods of tax avoidance, it'd be making some pay.
According to MSNBC, McDonalds made about $5.9 trillion as reported on Q1 2016.
Mickey Dee's would, in an ideal situation for the government, only make about $3.835 trillion. It would pay out $2.065 trillion. Multiply that by 10 or 50 and you'd make profits from corporate tax at that rate.

I suppose I did sort of miss that part, as I just simply counted people as people who paid and people who didn't pay. Good point.

I screwed up. I found the statistic off of MSNBC, which was taken from Reuters. In addition, this is purely off of corporate tax and nothing else.

My mistake. You should see

for my part regarding taking the bait.

>352,000,000,000
352 Billion.

Only about 100 million are in the workforce.

Sauce?
Also, yeah, the counting mistake was clarified earlier.

Thats billion, not trillion. What surprising is so many people failed to notice this. Sad!

See

Could it be possible for the US government to create jobs for infrastructure, IT, and military to improve itself while hiring people, a-la-FDR's New Deal?
Reasonable paychecks could be a large problem concerning the government's financial issues. In addition, would people need to move? Would people need to change their lives?
In addition, could it help the country's financial state for welfare programs to be replaced with employment programs at least temporarily, such as what FDR did with the New Deal? Manufacturing arms and building up infrastructure?

i think you should just stop posting

your thread was so retarded you got corrected by nigeria

NIGERIA

let that sink in