Can we have an honest discussion on how they were trying to push an actual anti-white agenda for the film or would that...

Can we have an honest discussion on how they were trying to push an actual anti-white agenda for the film or would that belong in Sup Forums?

You belong in Sup Forums, yes

>Implying you've actually seen the movie
And yes, take that shit to Sup Forums.
Please delete your thread and save a mod the trouble.

There was no "in your face" message in it like there was in Ghostbusters, so I'm ok with it. A diverse cast doesn't necessarily mean anti-white. Just because the director is some cuck doesn't mean the movie is. I mean hell, Disney made him apologize for saying all that shit. Does that mean the movie is automatically pro-white for shutting down some cuck? No. It means Disney just doesn't want political crap in their films. They have diverse casts to draw in diverse audiences because more people=more dollars.

>observational bias: the post

>director

It was a writer

Based Gareth was too busy giving us Star Kino

>diverse cast
>conveniently not featuring any white male hero though
>but they have every other ethnicity in there
>even the rebel government was mostly composed of minorities.
>no diversity in the empire
>writer himself said he wrote the empire to be LITERALLY HITLER

The movie is very clearly anti white like 90% of hollywood. Im surprised they didnt added a reshoot to reference trump's victory

Kino? Fuck off. My walls are not as flat as this movie. It had been some time since I had watch a film this boring

>try to say that theres no real bad or good sides in the war. Just people in different circumstances
>blow it out of the water by not developing any of the characters
>MC has one of the most incoherent and inconsistent personalities in the history of films

Yeah Sup Forums standards have gotten really fucking low.

Yeah, you haven't seen it.

K I haven't seen it

TFA is that way, pleb

holy shit this paranoia

>Uncle Juan

wew

Build the wall

He was one of the best character's in the movie, why would this be anti-white? The empire was the best part of this movie.

Kylo ren, the white male, is the best part of TFA.

The diversity brings in dollars.

I'm from /leftypol/, and yes, this is liberal nonsense. They are trying to make as much money as possible, and pandering to the liberal agenda works better than alienating it.

>Just because the director is some cuck doesn't mean the movie is.

>Disney made him apologize for saying all that shit.

They literally did not.

>trying to push an actual anti-white agenda

Were they? Because I remember a scene where some stormtroopers are exiting a building, and the heroic multicultural rebels heroically gun them all 20 of them down with a laser machine gun before any of them can react. And aren't stormtroopers conscripted? Rebels also murder and assassinate people in this.

They didn't come off as "good guys", is what I'm getting at.

>he was one of the best characters in the movie.

This is no different than saying that you were always rooting for dooku or sauron to win.

You may feel that way but they're obviously written as absolute merciless villains that only an edgy teenager or a psycho would feel the need to root for.

And didnt the producers or something like that announced a few days ago that they "were not planning to pander to white men"?

No they weren't lol

pleb

K, maybe you're just retarded. Saving Private Ryan didn't have much character development either.
Gyn's character changes in understandable ways. She's unenthusiastic at the beginning because she got shanghaied by the rebellion. Her attitude changes in the 2nd act after she sees the message from her father.

>Can we have an honest discussion on how they were trying to push an actual anti-white agenda for the film

We can't because no such agenda exists in the film.

>How to spot a Sup Forumstard who hasn't watch the film yet

Pretty easy desu

>You may feel that way but they're obviously written as absolute merciless villains that only an edgy teenager or a psycho would feel the need to root for.

psycho money spends just as good. the Sup Forums demographic is quite real and lucrative. Expect every big budget movie to have a representative character young jerkwards can latch onto and make memes of

Stormtroopers are literally faceless, emotionless soldiers for which no one is supposed to feel a thing for. They were designed since their conception to be as inhuman as possible to make sure nobody would root for them or feel that the heroes were bad for killing them.

The only part where we get to see a rebel doing something immoral is when Juan Deagle (I literally forgot his name by now) assassinates that informant FOR NO REASON AT ALL. It felt incredibly forced.

Meanwhile the evil white men were always like "EXECUTE ALL THE HOSTAGES XD" or "LETS BLOW UP THIS CITY WHICH PRESUMABLY HAS PLENTY OF IMPERIAL CITIZENS AND SOLDIERS TO TEST THE WEAPON INSTEAD OF SHOOTING AT A BARREN WASTELAND WITH NO PEOPLE!"

>caring about shit that doesn't matter
>>>/tumblr/

>FOR NO REASON AT ALL
He did it because the guy was crippled and the Rebels are an ableist movement

Why did Juan killed Saw's men?

When I watched that part I honestly thought it was implying he was an imperial spy

I mean they were literally about to blow up an imperial APC and they weren't even shooting at Juan and Jyn

>FOR NO REASON AT ALL
He would have snitched to the Empire.

Jyn was hiding behind that APC.

Jyn was near the APC as he was about to toss the grenade, so she would have got blow'd up

Wasnt she behind the pillars?

I thought that Kristen Stewart would be the most boring and one faced actress I'd ever watch but Felicity Jones made me change my mind.

The ENTIRE MOVIE, she's making this "WRONG HOLEEEE" face. The entire fucking movie

Nope

She was behind one of the treads on the APC

The badguys were all white (even the Rebel Alliance badguys), but other than that there was no race war.

>"""mary sue""" actually rellies on help of men the entire movie
>Rebel strike force was a sausage party
>Based space shrimps and white dads with 70's 'staches are portrayed as courageous while spic and nigger councilors are cowards
Sup Forums pls

Saw Gerrera was literally the only black person in the movie and he was not a good guy.

I know this might be autistic nitpicking but one thing that has always bothered me about SW films involving rebels is that when big battles come up, the director seems to forget how many rebels go deployed. They always deploy in VERY small numbers like 20 x-wings or 30 soldiers and throughout the whole battle you can see that the casualties are like 80 x-wings and 200 foot soldiers

Several of the rebel senators were black.

Also saw was an extremist but he was most certainly not bad. If you pay attention his men dont even kill civilians as collat

>Dooku
>Merciless
>"Obi Wan, the sith lord is the controlling the Senate! Wanna join us?"
>Never kills anybody

Holy fucking shit you have got to be kidding me.

Sup Forums like the rest of Sup Forums are contrarians all the time. And now that this shit movie released and every normie site is hailing it as the best SW film ever, Sup Forums starts doing the same?

Why the fuck are you shilling for this movie? Whats going on with the world?

>Several of the rebel senators were black.

You mean like several rebel senators and generals were white?

They were not? I only counted 2 white people in the senate: the woman with the short hair and a fat guy who said they should surrender immediately

Your post makes no sense on several levels.

1. If normies love it and Sup Forums is shilling it then they're not being contrarian. So do you want us to be contrarian just for the sake of it?
2. Half this board consists of nothing but contrarian hate threads for this movie so what the fuck are you even complaining about?

>>MC has one of the most incoherent and inconsistent personalities in the history of films

Anyone who says this either hasn't seen the movie or watched a cam rip at 2x speed while shitposting on Sup Forums.

She doesn't like the Empire because they took her dad and shot her mom. She doesn't like the Alliance because they left her behind during a fight. She accepts the offer from the Alliance to find her dad who she wasn't sure was alive. Once she sees his message she realize he gave his life to screw over the Empire. If she never went to get the plans and helped the Alliance, he would have died for nothing. That's her motivation for helping them. There's literally no way to miss that if you watched the movie.

>writers were supposedly trying to show that everyone in war makes bad and good things and that war isnt black and white
>they show us rebels doing questionable deeds
>BUT OF COURSE THEY FORGOT TO DO THE OPPOSITE FOR IMPERIALS, WHO ARE STILL MAJOR GENOCIDAL JERKS WITH 0 HEARTS

Bravo disney

>theyre not being contrarian.

Thats exactly my point: theyre not being contrarian for some reason. Theyre following normie's consensus.

>half this board are hate threads for the film

Theyre not. Theyre saying its kino and ranking it as the best SW film.

>You FUCKING drone i fucking hate you I dont want to get shot by you or that you'll try to kill me! I'd like to kill you desu!
>15 minutes later
>PLS DONT KILL MUH DRONE!!!

>Imperial pilot choose to defect and steal information from the Empire
>In TFA a storm trooper becomes a good guy

I wish I lived in Sup Forums fantasy land too.

>diverse cast
not anti white

>conveniently not featuring any white male hero though
Jyn's dad, the rebel leader

>but they have every other ethnicity in there
No black hero. Che is an antihero. No latin hero. Luna is white hispanic. No islander hero. No indian hero.
>even the rebel government was mostly composed of minorities.
And they were all poor.
>no diversity in the empire
There wasn't any in the OT.
>writer himself said he wrote the empire to be LITERALLY HITLER
Disney made him take it back.

So you complain that the character doesn't change while giving an example of the character growing to like another character? You're so smart.

>mexican
opinion disregarded.

The defecting pilot is never shown as an imperial.

What i'd like to see is more like stormtroopers or deck personnel having second thoughts about being ordered to shoot unarmed civilians or destroy an entire city (and large part of a planet)

>for some reason
Because this movie is good, you fucking pleb.

Are you seriously whining that they didn't show his life as a pilot before he defected? Stop being so petty. If you want to hate the movie just say you hate it. Stop making up stupid reasons to justify it like you're some film buff who cares about good writing.

why would you reveal yourself paco?

Yeah, you're both forgetting that ~60% of this film was rewritten and reshot by based Christopher McQuarrie.

I have zero doubts in my mind that the original Weitz/Whitta/Edwards take on this film was as [CURRENT YEAR] as humanly possible, and it's McQuarrie who injected all the nuance and shades of grey.

Jyn's dad wasnt a protagonist. He was a supporting character.

Diego Luna IS latino, I as a latino man feel its actually very demeaning that you're trying to deny his heritage simply because he isn't brown. Latino doesnt mean brown skin. I bet that if it were the other way around you would be saying he isnt white.

There was a latino, a pakistani, a chinese and a polynesian man in the main crew

>disney made him take it back.

They didn't. If anything they were just trying to get away from ANY explicit reference to nazism