Will country ever be considered a respectable or "cool" genre among the youth or will it always be associated with...

Will country ever be considered a respectable or "cool" genre among the youth or will it always be associated with people like pic related?

In HS and at uni country has always been regarded as a joke and people make "shoot mah gun drink ma beer" jokes whenever you bring it up.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Dq07deBzQfU
youtube.com/watch?v=pePO816OxSo
youtube.com/watch?v=rWz88VY-FkA
youtube.com/watch?v=l4zfEkKs2ZM
youtube.com/watch?v=sUML2yWVn8c
youtube.com/watch?v=_JH1HJpZbqU
youtube.com/watch?v=yZLOtcUXq_k
youtube.com/watch?v=nQsuMKBbiJI
youtube.com/watch?v=malJUMz2A9Y
youtube.com/watch?v=iik3kBhF2jQ
youtube.com/watch?v=AINUPFbFpqg
youtube.com/watch?v=MchWI3sLUQo
youtube.com/watch?v=piNF7LUehsM
youtu.be/zKColXKpgeM
youtu.be/9IvacMBoNiM
youtu.be/Ki4VJCsF0qk
youtube.com/watch?v=V5nM7PPbuKI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I could see a heavily bastardized, mixed-race version being used as an antiwhite propaganda force, but I don't want to think about what that would be like for too long.

>among youth
Who cares

>the country that's the most remembered by typical leftists is typically leftist ie woody guthrie
ftfy

As long as they keep being raised by social media, it'll never be cool

the problem is popular country music currently is, and has been for a while, fucking dogshit. there's some good stuff out there but by and large the stuff that most people are hearing is bro country, which is a pretty awful genre. i don't think country has much of a shot at being "cool" with younger people outside of niche audiences, but if the bro country fad dies completely and actual decent stuff starts to become more noticeable i think it could be respectable.
you're a retard but also you are correct to a degree, i think that the association with the types of people in op's pic is also a big factor in country being seen as a joke. i feel like an actual talented country musician who is openly left-wing would have a better shot at success than someone with the same talent who is right wing, or even someone who is politically unaffiliated.

All country does where I’m from is pander to old people by rehashing folk and tramp songs. And it’s total crap musically - these people just found a market to profit on without any talent.
I’d say it’s pretty dead, but every now and then I meet a country fan, so I dunno.

Unknown Hinson

>be me
>turn on tv
>flip to CMA's
>Lionel Ritchie is hosting
>Common is rapping a song

What the fuck is this?

i like this, user

youtube.com/watch?v=Dq07deBzQfU

good troll

It's too conservative, in its sound and its ethos so no.

Having an opinion about a music you never listen to is literally ignorant; you're not qualified. I appreciate the irony of how you regard county's target demographic as ignorant, however.

damn op this is a nice thread, rarely see country in here

> too conservative
hahaha

Probably not because people are ignorant. But there's always been good country out there, it just hasn't been associated with Nashville/the mainstream scene since 1986.

No. Same for Soyboys.

i didn't know bro country was a thing apart from just country. i'm kind of curious about this "decent stuff", would you mind linking some of it?

>Blaze Foley
>Townes Van Zandt
>Gary Stewart
>John Prine
>Gram Parsons
>A joke
I'm offended

We need another Gram Parsons to make country cool again.

Mostly alternative country/country rock/outlaw country
youtube.com/watch?v=pePO816OxSo
youtube.com/watch?v=rWz88VY-FkA
youtube.com/watch?v=l4zfEkKs2ZM
youtube.com/watch?v=sUML2yWVn8c
youtube.com/watch?v=_JH1HJpZbqU
youtube.com/watch?v=yZLOtcUXq_k
youtube.com/watch?v=nQsuMKBbiJI
youtube.com/watch?v=malJUMz2A9Y
youtube.com/watch?v=iik3kBhF2jQ
youtube.com/watch?v=AINUPFbFpqg
youtube.com/watch?v=MchWI3sLUQo
youtube.com/watch?v=piNF7LUehsM

coastal/city boi detected. in "flyover" states, white people arent identity issue having wigger retards

Yeah I can see how this is why most people think of country that way. this shit is just really annoying
definently a lot better than what usually comes to mind when i think about country music. 8th song is really good, but idk if i would consider it country at first

>Wilco
Indie rock
>Bob Dylan
folk
>Townes Van Zandt
country-influenced folk-blues singer-songwriter
>some live video no thanks
>Lucinda Williams
>Emmylou Harris
>Neil Young
folk rock
>Songs: Ohia
folk rock
>Bruce Springsteen
classic rock
>Steve Earle
Americana
>Flying Burrito Brothers
psych folk
>The Byrds
folk rock

Sorry but none of these artists are truly country

>8th song is really good, but idk if i would consider it country at first
Songs Ohia is definitely alternative country. It's a bit more loosely structured than more traditional country music, but strip away the heavy guitars, jammy bits, and modern production and the essence of the song is definitely a classic country tune.

Really makes one wonder what the REAL "Shithole Country" is.

Nigga what are you talking about, Townes Van Zandt is as country as they come

People often mention the
>I listen to everything but country and hiphop
But what are some good country albums? Cause I never see people discussing that

t. retard.

Most of those artists are country, or heavily influenced/indebted to country in their music so shut up.

Haha sorry I deleted my post, I read yours wrong and thought you wanted examples of bro-country.

As I said, the bros can do what they want, the problem comes when they try to pass off their shit as country, and not just pop with an accent and a hat. I remember even seeing articles where they try to put themselves on the same level as Waylon or Willie or Johnny Cash.

But at the very least, those classic guys I just mentioned are still as respectable as they come, that hasn't changed. As long as the word "country" is still associated with those guys and not the Luke Bryans of the world, it's still possible for people in general to have, or gain, an appreciation for country music styles.

Townes did have a big folk and blues influence and early on was actually performing folk music. But to say he was only country influenced when he started recording is silly.

It's the Jewish music industry

hayes carll, lovers and leavers is an excellent album

you do know there's good modern country as well right? if not then check out the red dirt/texas country music scene
youtu.be/zKColXKpgeM
youtu.be/9IvacMBoNiM
youtu.be/Ki4VJCsF0qk

Whats wrong with shooting guns and drinking beer?

nothing, unless you're white

context
party music vs 'my life literally revolves around guns and cheap alcohol and i am proud of it'

youtube.com/watch?v=V5nM7PPbuKI

I know it's more western but this album is a banger.