So American Sup Forumslacks, if you're so in favor of bringing back manufacturing to the US...

So American Sup Forumslacks, if you're so in favor of bringing back manufacturing to the US, why don't you buy American-made products?

Other urls found in this thread:

soundcloud.com/couchtruthing/hitler-was-not-racist
worldsrichestcountries.com/top_us_exports.html
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I do when I see them. Why don't YOU user?

/thread

>when I see them

So you don't actually seek them out, you just buy them when they just so happen to be in your line of sight.

I'm actually thinking about it and I do buy a lot of stuff that is made in America, only the cheaper stuff is from other countries.

oh shut your fucking face...

I do already it just costs more

This is quite a retarded way to twist what he said.

If you are out to by a particular product you buy the one made in your home country. If you cannot find one made in your home country, it's not like you're not going to buy what you wish to buy.

Don't be that guy, no one likes that guy

Make America great again, buy American

I work with an American based company and we actively seek out American based partners and suppliers.

Honestly though, working in the south, its far more important that they are based locally.

walmurt dont sell american products to often, cost to much,, cheaper crap from overseas,, we usa anons must love it or it would not be sucksessful.

Good man. Buying national is good, buying local is even better.

because the commie unions have made US products too expensive.

because we need them back here first before they are sold in stores dumbshit

soundcloud.com/couchtruthing/hitler-was-not-racist

It works both ways, we work with rural clients, I don't know if they care about the difference between Seattle and Shanghai

I do when I can but for some items, it's _all_ made in China. Nobody is making some items in the US.

I did buy a new German car 10 years ago too. I'm not a die hard brand fanatic too, but I enjoy how it drives. I'd like to find an American equivalent.

My buying regional preference:

US > German > France and other EU > Asian except China > China

which US made products are exported overhere?

A company has no obligation to be patriotic. A publicly listed company has a financial obligation to maximize profits to its shareholders.

A company runs the numbers and decides it is cheaper to build shit in Bangladesh or whatever tax haven paying labour costs of $0.50 per day and then ship the products to the USA than to make the product in the USA.

Say freight costs were divided among workers and the equivalent cost to make the same product here were $30 per day including labor and freight.

Do you want your countrymen to be working for $30 per day?

I put it to you that it isn't in fact the unions that have made US manufacturing uncompetetive but the fact there is no behaviour stopping companies from exploiting cheap third world manufacturing.

t. nationalist ex-union representative

I do if I can outside of cosplays (which I'm okay with China sweatshop shit). But fuck buying American cars. There was a huge movement a few years back to "buy only American cars or you're killing America." To which my response was fuck right off. I don't buy American cars because they are inferior and rather than keep up with the industry American car manufacturers rely on bashing superior foreign makers like Toyota.

Top US exports are:
1. Machinery ($205.8 B) - 17.5% of world exports
2. Electronic equipment ($169.8B) - 11.3%
3. Aircraft, spacecraft ($131.1B) - 8.7%
4. Vehicles ($127.1B) - 8.4%
5. Oil ($106.1B) - 7.1%

worldsrichestcountries.com/top_us_exports.html

If we all bought American products who would be left to shit themselves and wander around Walmart?

yay, a spacecraft always was on my wishlist

I got some cotton shirts and a nail clipper ( I guess that counts as machinery) as sovenir from my mom, I was surprised to see it was made in the USA...
I only have some US made bits and pieces, my cousin at least owns a Ford Mustang and another US made Ford...

I don't buy American most of the time because "made in America" is full of hipster bullshit small business overcharging for their products like red wings, saddleback leather, etc

Luckily there are small mom and pop shops but hard to find online

But Iron Rangers are GOAT.

>Lel I actually got sent a pair that was fucked up

>"made in America" is full of hipster bullshit small business overcharging for their products

Absolutely this. American made jeans are guilty of this more than almost anything else. In the end I found Texas Jeans though, which are excellent and roughly the price of new Levis.

slide shills

>live in germany
>buy american car

kill your cousin now, lest he reproduce and pass on his idiocy

Saddleback leather is bullshit yea but Red Wings are bomb.

At the end of the day it's a hobby for most people. Some of my friends blow thousands of dollars on sandrails and shit the use maybe 5 times a year. Instead I spend a little bit more on clothes than the average person, look better, and support American jobs.

I do every single time I have the choice.

Kill yourself

My plates, towels and kitty's litter box was made in America.

What do they even make in America anymore? Even my coke is made outside USA.

I do, I buy iPhones, personal computers, and I use American software as well (which is basically all software tbf)

You're an idiot, for a product as big as coke of course it won't all be bottled in America, American beers sold in Canada are bottled in Canada usually. Especially the big brands.
Also America is a huge manufacturing country, just cheap trinkets you probably won't find but if you look enough you can find anything made there.

There are reaction times and costs of remans post updates to consider. You realize there is an issue, you may have 6 months of product floating your way, all will have to be updated when they arrive.

Quality of ongoing manufacturing, cheap manufacturers have a tendency to make stuff well and to specification and then slowly sub in sub standard materials/parts

Freight costs, for some items this is material, for smaller items not so much.

Legal issues, try suing a Chinese company for breech of contract.

Intellectual property issues, little more easy to enforce, but do you really want to give the technology that gives your company an edge to some area of the world that likely will copy it and mass produce?

iPhones aren't made in the US.

Recently bought a nice Proto ratchet and socket set. Big $$$, good knowing it wasn't made offshore.

Yet.

I seek out items made in US.