The future of music is here, and it's pastel coloured

The future of music is here, and it's pastel coloured.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QrVl7mgVSg0
youtube.com/watch?v=2DfiyXbUHVc
youtube.com/watch?v=Lzi7ljJiLJQ
youtube.com/watch?v=JWLgwB0inHA
youtube.com/watch?v=Z9e7K6Hx_rY
youtube.com/watch?v=ByGLHhJa9NE
youtube.com/watch?v=mngtcfcaVrI
youtube.com/watch?v=f43ODtOUmBw
youtube.com/watch?v=923uTY2q71I
youtube.com/watch?v=_IIkGeUF9pg
youtube.com/watch?v=x-OzspEcQG8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

That shits on its way out. The pastel trend already passed in terms of fashion, and chillwave is too one note for it to remain popular for much longer. Ariel Pink is the only one who will keep making good music and being popular for it, cause he changes up his style enough for him to remain interesting. The rest of these dudes are one note as fuck. The only thing they have that makes them relevant is their aesthetic, and as I said, that's on its way out.

That's like, your opinion, man. In my humble opinion, this new trend towards bright colors and jangly synthy heavenly melodys combined with a relaxed deadpan creates a really peaceful experience. The millions of views these videos are starting to generate agrees with me.

It's too gay to be cool

too bad literally all of them sound exactly the same and it's the most trite garbage out. this was done 30 years ago and it was at least interesting then

I usually hate all of this shit but Gus Dapperton interests me. The synths on this track are heavenly. You can tell his persona is manufactured to appeal to millennial and shit but he's got a good ear for melody

>coloured

palewave is so 2014

You sound angry

All of these bands sound like rich kids that got addicted to weed when they were 14 and try to sing about heartbreak but can't really because the THC burned away all their motivation and emotions a long time ago.

Oi m8 trow anuhduh shrip on da bahbee fo mey

Ignore the thread then, and remember that you're in the minority

I'm not from the US so I didn't even know this was a thing till I saw it on Sup Forums.

What some essential pastel-core?

How did I get to 2012 Sup Forums?

All concepts of fame die and world culture will be rocked to the bone in 2018. Check em.

Tumblr kids are all grown up! I'm sure not all the music is terrible and I like pastels so I don't mind

>should I take this trend seriously??

I encourage everyone on Sup Forums who's interested in this trend to go 100% balls deep into this trend. For a while people will think you are cool and in 20 years you can look at pictures of yourself and laugh like everyone who had a mullet in the early 90's did.

yeah but like, this shit is totally separate from chillwave. chillwave fully died by 2014. this is some kind of boring-ass yacht rock revival that's been on-trend for the last few years, but like you said, won't be around much past this year

Gus dapperton
youtube.com/watch?v=2DfiyXbUHVc

Boy pablo
youtube.com/watch?v=Lzi7ljJiLJQ

youtube.com/watch?v=JWLgwB0inHA

Rex Orange County
youtube.com/watch?v=Z9e7K6Hx_rY

youtube.com/watch?v=ByGLHhJa9NE

(Bottom Row) Clairo
youtube.com/watch?v=mngtcfcaVrI

youtube.com/watch?v=f43ODtOUmBw

Zach Villere/Froyo ma
youtube.com/watch?v=923uTY2q71I

youtube.com/watch?v=_IIkGeUF9pg

Steve lacy member of the internet
youtube.com/watch?v=x-OzspEcQG8

for

This is just like that “weird frontier” bullshit

literally the only two good songs on here are clairo and rex

uh Boy Pablo?

2018 in NA, gay is the new cool

>millions of views = staying power
oppa gumgum style

>The millions of views these videos are starting to generate agrees with me
>starting
this stuff has been popular for years, this guy is right, it's on its way out

not on this board :)

take your corporate indeh back to r.eddit

they're all terrible

The fact that people are suggesting that faded pastel colors and jangly guitars represent a newly forming trend in music just shows how much cultural entropy has taken place since the internet became widely accessible. This stuff has been around since the early 2010s, bands like Real Estate, Smith Westerns, Wild Nothing, and of course Mac DeMarco have already covered this ground. There's no shame in enjoying the style but let's not act like it's "the future of music".

It's not "the future of music" literally, user. OP is saying this is the hot "new" trend. Basically, what happened was Mac became profitable enough that labels noticed and are now pumping out their very own Macs.

I get that but I was more responding to this guy:
who is suggesting that there is real merit here

>The future of music
more like another microscopic teen pop fad

>projecting this much

Thank you. Apparently everything is taken literally these days.