youtube.com/watch?v=B7pDQfBwZWM
youtube.com/watch?v=6gxuySP08Is
youtube.com/watch?v=VwCdcF0OfHI
youtu.be/Qxxz7Tgfsv4?t=20m34s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

DUDE SICK RIFFS

>xenharmonically shoulderbarges through

youtube.com/watch?v=UI8cdHnkPQ0

These guys are so much better at psych pop stuff like on PMDB and SOBE, they should stick with that

I 100% agree

What an embarrassing looking lot

I'd love to be dicked down by Stu and Joey desu

why the dude on the second left look like he auditioning for an oasis cover band?

ask the sweet lady in the middle for her phone number

Cute, but when are you guys going to actually do something interesting?

>he thinks jamming extra frets into your guitar and playing the new inbetween notes in a pentatonic scale constitutes real "microtonal" music
Get fucked, Polygondwanaland was a good album because of its songwriting but Microtonal Banana was lazy as shit

they're really just adding some basic middle eastern-y embellishments to otherwise conventional music

>king reddit and the reddit reddit

My man Cookiedawg69 is the real underdog of this band.

that's you if you actually said that, ever

Serious question though, how many of you fanboys jizzing over King Gizzard have actually bothered checking other microtonal music out?

You're all poseurs riding the bandwagon on something my homeboys have been doing for thousands of years.

>he doesnt realize bashing reddit on Sup Forums is the equivalent of fishing for le upvotes on reddit

Are you actually retarded enough to think anyone is attributing the creation of microtonal music to Gizz?

recommend some other microtonal music?

Post best Gizz songs cunts

youtube.com/watch?v=apzWZ9HmG-U

youtube.com/watch?v=YnZsxTEOw-Q
youtube.com/watch?v=odTIoRzbDhA
youtube.com/watch?v=d4t5B6nPQGg
youtube.com/watch?v=tv6V4m_kV2A
youtube.com/watch?v=UMjTQ9ngEDU
youtube.com/watch?v=xVZy9GUeMqY

all of these use microtonal scales much more extensively than flying microtonal banana

I'm really digging The Wheel off the new album.
>We only fall asleep willingly...

No. It's just nobody who's into Gizz seems to be bothering looking into anything else.

beat me to it and did a good job.
I'd've chosen a different Sevish track though.
youtube.com/watch?v=jQ7T9oRi7Cs

youtube.com/watch?v=a1CJLHkEydE
youtube.com/watch?v=WM59Pm-48ug
youtube.com/watch?v=B2bCiFeVMLQ

Hold up I'm trying to remember some early baroque composers who messed with different tunings.

I'm just digging the new album in general, after a year of concept albums it was fun listening to one with some variety.

I mean isn't Sleep Drifter basically a wholesale ripoff of some Turkish song? I forget which but I remember hearing it

Anyway if they do another microtonal album I'm sure they'll branch out a bit, for FMB Stu said that they wanted to add microtones in the context of western music, hence using western scales and progressions. I don't blame them for not wanting to get too "weird" right off the bat and risk making it sound like shit or totally alienating everyone

>I'd've chosen a different Sevish track though.
yeah I know, I kind of rushed it

>Hold up I'm trying to remember some early baroque composers who messed with different tunings.
Nicola Vicentino and Guillaume Costeley
youtube.com/watch?v=0akGtDPVRxk
youtube.com/watch?v=wT6-Ndx1EbM

t. plebbitor

the thing is though, outside of middle eastern music, quartertones aren't really the most accessible way to approach microtonal music. the new intervals don't improve on any of the standard 12 equal intervals, and mostly they don't add a lot of very useful intervals either (except for a nice neutral third). the combination of familiar and new intervals is really jarring and weird. you can play conventional western-sounding music on 31 equal or whatever, and for the most part the intonation is considerably improved with respect to 12 equal. plus the new intervals are generally more useful.

Ok the guy I was trying to remember was Nicola Vicentino.
youtube.com/watch?v=0akGtDPVRxk

Also this is a neat comparison of 12-tet to meantone with an excerpt from a composition by Ascanio Mayone.
youtube.com/watch?v=WPVgZ13C9ZI

Fucking hell you beat me to it again with Vicentino. Same track too.

One more guy
youtube.com/watch?v=B7pDQfBwZWM

this guy too
youtube.com/watch?v=6gxuySP08Is

that brown jacket on the right is fantastic. I want it.

What songs do you fuckers wanna hear live on the new tour? I'm hoping we get some stuff from the last three albums. Tezeta, Horology, The Book, and The Wheel would be sick live.

how to defend against man wielding a banana?

The liner notes for the last few albums are pretty hilarious

>be in a band of seven fucking dudes
>most of the songs are composed and played by a single one of them in the studio other than dude 5 playing drums on a track and dude 3 playing keyboards for five seconds which Stu cuts for the final mix anyway

Crumbling Castle live would blow my mind

*blokes your path*
come 'ere ya fruits

>David hardtospelllastname
the beginning was a bit of a snoozefest, but once it gained some rhythmic complexity this one was pretty alright
>Easley Blackwood
like this one
>72-edo flowchart BG
not really super into electronic, but this is alright i guess, could have used some more textural variety, there's like 6 discrete sounds here not counting pitch shifts, and over half of them are drum effects.
>Mr. P
like this one, a bit repetitive though.
>that keyboard thing is awesome
my favorite so far, i feel like a lot of the pieces so far have been relying on the novelty of microtonality to be interesting, but this one leans into so far that it actually is.
>sevish bubbles are pretty neat
petty redundant, suffers from the same problems as the last electronic piece.

>mashroon
wish they had elaborated on that descending line a bit more, other than that not bad, actually having something resembling a pulse puts it far ahead of the electronic pieces from the last poster.
>Huzzam really wide neck
like this one, not a whole lot else to say, it's good.
>Brendan Byrnes
not bad, props for singing in the tuning scheme, i'm sure that took some work.
>station 11S
I'm not really one to fellate king gizz for the microtonality of microtonal banana, I thought it was a generally good album though, but this is the kind of stuff you probably should have lead with, if you want to make those kind of people understand your point. good pick, will be checking them out.

>
>harpsichord
good stuff, harpsichord is also a cool instrument, so props for that, the bit where it just sort of decays into weird chord wankery is a bit much though.
>COMIC SANS
nice background in the video, and shifting the focus away from heavy dissonance is a nice change of pace

continued

>duplicate
skip
>too many harpsichord
don't have too much to say about this one, some lady was vacuuming the hotel lobby while i was trying to listen.
>why is the left channel so much louder than right
pretty interesting, did he ever do anything else?

>guy with the drum cracks me up and i don't know why
pretty creepy, i like it.

In summary: it seems like there's a lot of microtonal musicout there that has literally nothing else interesting about it, and IMO microtonality as a gimmick is not really that compelling, but there's definitely some stuff that makes good use of it, and is pretty interesting, I'll definitely be looking some of those up again later. thanks anons!

This is surprisingly good. Would love it if it had more variation and layers.

What do you look like, faggot?

I really haven't but mostly because I wasn't huge on the microtonal gimmick. It was neat, but it didn't grab me to look into other microtonal music. If anything, Flying Microtonal Banana made me look more at krautrock.

lmao thought the same thing

the thing is, there aren't enough people interested in microtonality for there to be huge amounts of great music

>and IMO microtonality as a gimmick is not really that compelling
I don't think so, it's inherently interesting and there's a huge amount of stuff to explore. I don't think anyone's using it "as a gimmick". But more people need to be involved to build up a good body of work

Yeah that’s why FMB was my favorite Gizz this year, I want a full-on krautrock album next

Show them their better counterpart

not even the best murlocs album

those two aren't even the same genre and motu is the album of the year

i can't imagine being as wrong about anything as you are about this band

this is what happens when you only sleep microtonally

only one more layer of bags to go until he looks like emperor palpatine

This. But microironically

How fucking retarded are you?

NONE of this sounds like anything like King Gizzard, this is (from what I clicked) boring instrumental background music

Literally kill yourself. Saying something like "Hey if you love Parquet Courts so much you should check out Pavement" makes sense not "Wow you King Gizzard faggots should be listening to this garbage IDM song here instead WTF"

tell them to write more songs like Road Train.

This.
youtube.com/watch?v=VwCdcF0OfHI

he thinks people like fmb because of the microtones and not just because it's king gizz with a slight twist

he is a moron

King Gizz should stay on their own fuckin turf and stop messing with notes that are out of their league.

>no one can branch out and try new things for fun

I'm all for trying new things, but they hardly scraped the surface, they didn't bother to actually learn what they were doing.
Adding a few quarter notes is to microtonality, what wearing a morphsuit with a lederhosen print to Oktoberfest is to getting legitimate tracht.
It makes you look like a fucking fanny.

I know where you are coming from, but these guys aren't perfectionists.
Just listen to what he says about the album here youtu.be/Qxxz7Tgfsv4?t=20m34s its only a loose inspiration.

i didnt like flying microtonal banana because it was microtonal music you fucking dunce i just thought it sounded good, i dont give a shit about the microtonality of it

great reading comprehension, you really know how to follow a conversation

are the band members consciously taking it in turns to be the one with a bugman moustache?

That is Eric's job.

Definitely not bad but I don’t see how anyone can unironically say they’re better than Gizz, they’re much more generic not to mention much more boring songwriting

>calls MOTU album of the year
>implying it was even the best album Gizz released this year
>thinks he has the right to shit on anyone’s opinion

def the coolest dude in the band. plus down the sink is the best song on gumboot

Nonagon Infinity
>opens the door

Not to mention his band, Pipe-eye, is the superior Gizz side project and much better than anything the Murlocs have done

dude lmao rush

From left to right:
>nicole the single british mum
>noel gallager???
>le numale
>drunk woman pissing in the street
>big bonce bill and his girlfriend
>pensieve pete

>big bonce bill and his girlfriend

Fucking kek

left dude looks like a long lost Gallagher brother

The virgin Gizz shitposter