Do you consider this one of the most unfairly judged movies by both critics and audiences? The cinematography...

Do you consider this one of the most unfairly judged movies by both critics and audiences? The cinematography, the special effects and choreography were amazing. Add that on to a completely overlooked deep and meaningful story and you've got a great film.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zFMsR02Ggx4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I rewatched it recently, beyond spectacle it's quite an empty experience

You can go ahead and deconstruct it as a critique of various social norms but that really doesn't hold much water

The visuals are high production, and Snyder's kind of "sleek" aesthetic, but it's not nearly lurid enough to mesh with the themes

TL;dr I'm a pleb for not liking it the second time around

It's a movie as imagined by a 14 year old boy, fully engorged in his puberty. Nothing else, dummy

DIDJOO LIEK DA PART WARE DEY FOT DA JYINT SAMOO RYE?

an experiment of what movie would be if it was all style with zero substance

>what movie would be if it was all style with zero substance

ahem

It has a lot of good individual scenes. Great ones, even. I just don't think they ever add up to a particulary good movie.

>Do you consider this one of the most unfairly judged movies by both critics and audiences
Absolutely not, it was awful
> The cinematography, the special effects and choreography were amazing
lmao no, I give you the special effects though, it did look decent.
Also storytelling that's bit more complex than regular popcorn flick does not equal 'deep story'

That's not sucker punch.
That's pic related. Sucker punch had more substance but somehow was worse according to critics.

Both are correct

>somehow was worse according to critics.
Because it didn't have a coherent narrative. Just a terrible fucking movie.

>tfw they will never stomp, stab and shoot at your balls

NOH OI LOIKED DUH PART WARE DEY FORT DUH BADDIES WIV DUH SORDS AND DEN THE BADDIES DYEDED

only good thing about this movie is the rape scene
/thread

It's ok to like shitty movies, just don't pretend they're any kind of deep misunderstood masterpiece

Everything apart from the story was great. Unfortunately you can't make a movie without a good one.

it's kind of like that comic with the "I was only pretending to be retarded" guy but it's "I was only pretending to be objectifying"

Honestly, the best way to describe Zack Snyder. You can tell he just imagined these amazing scenes and then wrote the plot around those action scenes (one of my biggest issues with capeshit/Bayshit in general). If Snyder films were comic books, they would be all splash page, no story. Then he tries to make up for what he knows is a shallow film with heavy-handed, hamfisted symbolism (here it was MUH STRONK WOMYN EMPOWERMENT, in MoS/BvS it was a shitload of Jesus imagery).

That's why 300 and Watchmen did so well; all the hard work was done for him, so he could focus on the visuals.

lauren pls show tits

What did people think of the alternate ending? It does clear up a lot of the story that people had trouble understanding. I remember watching it in the cinema and when it finished people didn't even realise it was all in babydoll's head and she was fucked up from the start.

youtube.com/watch?v=zFMsR02Ggx4