ITT

Supremely Overrated Bands

Overhyped, not overrated

I wish I was a virtuoso musician like OP so I could learn to not like Nirvana.

nirvana isn't overrated you mondo

Eh, maybe, but they had the chops.
This more than anything.

Literally the same thing.

Nah. Smells like teen spirit is overrated, most people have only listened to that song. You'd be surprised how many people wearing Nirvana shirts have never listened to bleach or in utero. To normies bands like Nirvana were all about the image. But that doesn't mean their actual music was bad, it was actually pretty great.

No. It really isn't. Nirvana has been documented and analyzed to hell and back and he probably would've been still alive if it hadn't been for the "Spokesman of a generation" tabs. Having said that, they still have some respectable pop songs.

Cool bait.

In all seriousness
>Rationed
>Not a band, but Kanye
>Influential, but Death Grips is overrated af

"Rationed" -> Radiohead
Fucking autocorrect

> Radiohead
lul

Always felt that Death Grips is a tad underrated in the general public opinion. Also Radiohead, I suppose i see why you'd think that. Still love Kid A though...

>they still have some respectable pop songs.
(You) should kill yourself

o·ver·hype

make exaggerated claims about (a product, idea, or event); publicize or promote excessively.

o·ver·rate

have a higher opinion of (someone or something) than is deserved.

I think Nirvana is more overrated than anything

Nah. I like living.
Oh yeah, definitely.

Nirvana isn't overrated. Nevermind is overrated.

Probably.

Opinion discarded

He probably do some solo venture. Still thinking about the Micheal Stipe collab that never came.

Or the Blues album with Mark Lanagan

>the Micheal Stipe collab that never came.
this

Brockhampton
Grimes
Broadcast
FKA Twigs
Purity Ring
Travis Scott+Most trap artists
Drake
Beyonce

OP aint shit but a disgruntled little bitch boy

every band with that amount of fame and recognition is at least a bit overrated, but there are a lot of bands more overrated than Nirvana.
They were more important/influential than talented tho.

Grohl looks like a dick in every single photo..

Thank you for being the only person to respond to the theme of this thread.

I'd say they're appropriately rated. The Song Remains the Same is the greatest live concert film ever made.

>t.retard

Seriously, he has such a face to deck square in the teeth

But drake is objectively the greatest rapper of all time

most def

Because he is. Kurt hated him and I think even Krist did eventually.

I just listened to the Shallow Rewards Nirvana episode. Never knew Kurt was such an asshole but honestly it entirely makes sense.

>these plebs arguing and calling OP a pleb
Nirvana sucks. They were literally a buttrock band. If you claim to enjoy Nirvana's music, and you don't enjoy Nickelback, you're only pretending to like them for their image. That shit sounds the same.

Metallica anybody? Like, they're precursors, the first to do something, extremely popular and influential, yet they're fckin trash. Repetitive af, completely bullshit, pseudo-complex, incredibly boring, just doing the same over and over again, recycling riffs and rythmic sections... And that's not even an exhaustive list...

They weren't even the first to do anything. They were just ripping off Diamond Head and Blitzkrieg.

They were far more popular and way more rapidly, they're the one that popularized it. That doesn't mean a lot, and if I agree with you but their first albums are often considered godlike but ffs even those are shitty

>kurt hated grohl
p r o o f ?

Krist played on a Foo Fighters album recently

do you think kurt would have browsed Sup Forums?