same with lord of the rings, i just cant stand that shit

Blade Runner
Any Kubrick movie other than Dr. Strangelove and Eyes Wide Shut

Mary Poppins

The Sound of Music

Rent

The Rocky Horror Picture Show

>I've never watched and I will never watch these movies
this is the absolute most pleb thing you can say. literally worse than unironically enjoying those movies.

Fight Club
Lord of the Rings and the Hobbit trilogies
Schindler's List
Anything by Steven Spielberg
Westerns in general

Give some fucking explanation why on earth you would avoid watching these mostly classic films.

My picks...

Any superhero movie with characters from other comics doing crossover, aka marvel/DC expanded universes. All of these are brainless effect fests with no time to actually have a good story or meaningful character development. Pure cash grabs.

yeah i dont like Westerns too

There are movies i dont give a fuck about but on the off change it might be good or not you'll never know if you don't watch.

Whoa! We have a retart right here. Give him a prize, plox.

>I need to let people know how unique I am
>but because I am so boring, I will instead hate on popular things instead of being able to bring up non-popular things I like

his prize is a (you) which is all he really wanted.

forrest gump
eternal sunshine
interstellar

Gandhi
Citizen Kane
Any John Wayne western

most.

Want advice? Don't bother with start wars. Why would you watch one of the dullest franchises in the history of movie franchises? Seriously each episode following a bunch of magical space wizards has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the space setting, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make space seem less stellar, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast as soon as Lucas conceived the series; he made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody, just a ridiculously profitable franchise of schlock and awe. The Star Wars series might be anti-male (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-Interstellar in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the story was good though
"No!"
The story was dreadful. Every time they need something to happen, they just have an older character mutter to a younger character "use the force."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. The Star Wars series is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that it knows nothing else. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Star Wars by Steven Spielberg. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are watching Star Wars at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to watch Steven Spielberg." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you watch "Star Wars" you are, in fact, trained to watch Steven Spielberg.

LOTR, Star Wars, and Avatar are some of the most well known movies of all time
You are fucking lying, you've watched all of them and are pretending not to in order to be contrarian like your fellow redditors

After the last 3 years of checking out every single movie that got an Oscar nomination, and nearly all of them leaving me wondering WTF is the big deal? It's going to take more than a handful of my favourite actors/directors/writers, critical acclaim or near unanimous Sup Forums approval to interest me in any future Oscar-bait. The increasingly generic onslaught of comic-book-based movies are exponentially more appealing!

1.) Any romantic comedy type movie geared toward women.

2.) Maze runner series

3.) Hunger Games series

unironically this

I want to fugg that wall

YA shit
capeshit
star trek/wars
anime

>Star Wars (I watched 4-5-6-1 when I was a kid but it doesn't count)
>Avatar
>Amélie Poulain

Looks like a dick

Itoleu the Sir cum murering worele

Same except for avatar.

all that chinese cartoon stuff like cowboy bepop or evangelion. First ghost in the shell was okay but second was boring and discouraged me from watching weeb shit.

clockwork orange (dont know why i just dont want to see it)

La La Land