You may only post in this thread if your country has a chess player in the top 20 on the official rating list for...

You may only post in this thread if your country has a chess player in the top 20 on the official rating list for August 2017.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EkusOGNVMw4
prnewswire.com/news-releases/fabiano-caruana-to-join-the-us-chess-federation-300081979.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

England's Brave Matty Carlson

So if you're in the top 20, how do you get better at chess?

RATINGS ARE MAN MADE AND DOESNT MEAN SHIT

how long until wei yi takes down carl the cuck?

No, but Michael Adams is #25 and has been well into the top ten before.
I don't know.
Keres has been dead for decades, Estonia.
It will probably never happen, but the first opportunity will be the FIDE World Cup in September.

>hurr durr am i fitting in guyse XDDDD pls let me post on the sports board even though the only sport my country plays is being bombed by terrorists

Chess isn't a sport, it is a board game.

Backgammon is not a sport either.

there is never any discussion in these threads beyond:
>chess isn't a sport
>magnus is a cuck xD

Brazil is a non-country in chess. Mecking was pretty good, but that's about it.
That's about as correct as saying that football is just a ball game.
Incorrect.

how long until that Praggnaninja -or whatever his stupid name is- takes down both?

You shouldn't expect too much. History is full of chess players who used to be the "next big thing". He's obviously extremely talented, but that's no guarantee for him reaching the world elite.

>So Caruana Nakamura
White america fuck yeah !

a lot of chinesey people creeping up

are they the next soviets

what's up with the white mark? i thought hindus wore red marks.

I don't believe any single nation will ever dominate any sport like the Soviet Union did with chess in the fifties and sixties, but China has one of the three strongest national teams in the world, along with USA and Russia, in no particular order. What they lack so far is a credible challenger for the World Championship, but Ding Liren has good chances to qualify for the Candidates Tournament.

Who you think is the guy who just beat Naka in online bullet?
youtube.com/watch?v=EkusOGNVMw4

Assuming he is not cheating, I don't see any options other than Magnus or Grischuk

anything can happen in bullet and blitz

he has lost to IMs and low tier GMs before

It might have been one of those two, or MVL. I'd say those three and Nakamura are the four best players in the world in very short time controls.

Single games, of course. A match over many games is something very different.

How do I git gud in end game?

true, I didn't read the description

Serbia reporting in with our lad Radovan Nakamura

Maybe 1 game or 2, but not 21 out of 36
MVL (LyonBeast) is clearly not better than Hikaru in bullet

Prediction: There's not a hue in the top 1000.

ah I've messed Norwegian chess threads. Long live Carlsen

Study the endgame.
If he's in form, he can both match and outmatch Nakamura. Don't underestimate him.
They have some players hovering around 2600, most notably the aforementioned Henrique Mecking, who was quite good in the seventies.

Fuck of to

There's no Mexican flag in the list, go back to your borders Pablito.

I went there, looked through the entire catalog and found nothing of interest whatsoever. What did you intend to show me?

tiddlywinks is unironically a better game

topalov kek

I would take a serious interest in chess if there were a guy like Fischer still playing and calling out the Jews.

Now we have a cuck like Magnus who is the European reincarnation of a (((Bernie))) bro ffs.

>british intellect

He's the only player in the top 20 not participating in the upcoming World Cup. By several standards, it will be the strongest event of all time.
Do you know who Carlsen is?

Yeah the #1 chess player who is a self proclaimed (((social democrat)))

Guess what the words mean:
1. Politisk
2. korrekthet
3. dominerer
4. alt
5. i
6. Norge

friendly reminder that this is a solved game and remembering moves is not a sport

>So
>Nakamura
>CARUANA

oh yeah, nice murigan surnames you have there

Posting in this thread while I can.

>anand the oldest guy on the list
JUST

>>CARUANA

They have literally stolen him

prnewswire.com/news-releases/fabiano-caruana-to-join-the-us-chess-federation-300081979.html
>The United States Chess Federation (USCF) today announced that Fabiano Caruana has initiated the application process to change chess federations, which, when approved, will allow him to play for the United States. Fabiano, who has dual citizenship in the United States and Italy, has been playing for the Italian Chess Federation for a number of years.
"I'm absolutely thrilled to be representing the United States again and working with the Chess Club and Scholastic Center of Saint Louis. I'd like to thank everybody who has made this possible, and I look forward to this exciting new partnership," said Fabiano Caruana."In addition, I want to take this opportunity to express my appreciation and gratitude for the support given to me over the past ten years by the Italian Chess Federation. I wish them all the best for the future."

we did it Reddit

>based Svidler still in top 20
Amazing, considering that he plays hearthstone more than chess nowadays.