It's over Scorcese is finished

It's over Scorcese is finished.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silence_(novel)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indian_Army_during_World_War_II
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It's talking about the character, not Scorsese or the movie itself.

whites should all shoot eachother in the forehead. if there are any white babies in a delivery room, they should all get castrated or terminated, and maybe the world will finally become a better place

>We'll show you we'll lose the next election EVEN HARDER

Simmer down boy

>Reading comprehension of the average Sup Forums user

>Italians
>white

Dumb social media poster

Aren't they Portuguese tho?

>It's a "They can't watch a movie without bringing in race" miniseries.

Seriously, these people must have really sad lives. I'm Cuban and race is the last thing that pops into my mind when I watch movies like Lawrence of Arabia, Dances With Wolves, The Last Samurai, etc.

But it's based off a book by a Japanese author.

Ugh just imagine a world without white people. There wouldn't be any crime whatsoever. Everyone would get along peacefully. We could let everyone out of prison! After all, it was white cops that put them there.

>implying Portuguese ain't white
inb4 t.Alberto Barbosa

They literally aren't after the moor invasion

Looks like I need to buy a ticket.

dude internalised racism lmao

wrong

not whitey's fault that you've lost in the gene lottery lmao

>white

Smdh

Notice how they give white men the Portuguese roles

Berber men never get portrayed right

Cuban B?

Just remember,no matter what

>you'll always be a shitskin

kek whoever wrote that trite shit, you can smell the butthurt in that atheist fedora tipper

at least he seems to have ditched that Ramones biopic idea

ill wait for a decent review, thanks.

mmmm looks like it's a masterpiece GET HYPE BOIZ KINO'S ON THE MENU

You will always be a poo colored subhuman :)

Or you could just watch it and make up your own opinion, if you're even capable of that

scorsese has been shit for 10 years I'll wait and hear the opinions of people I respect.

internet media are destroying cinema

but if there's no whites, who will keep the savages in check?

>muh white saviour narrative
>as a criticism of a movie ABOUT a white guy who thought he was saving Japan

>why does the white protagonist who introduces the conflict to the story have any feelings about the story or his place in it? Doesn't he know white people can't have feelings when other races have feelings too? Literally shaking rn.

>implying they met your standards of "white" before
>implying Moors couldn't cross the straits of Gibraltar back then
>implying blacks are Moors

>implying the """white""" gene pool won't be diluted as much in Sweden as you think it is in Portugal in 100 years
>mfw the "you wuz invaded by the people who were already most closely genetically related to you" argument doesn't mean shit when whatever you define as "pure whites" have invited and willingly replaced (not just mixed) themselves with totally alien foreigners worse than the Moors

>being so devoid of thought and intelligence that you rely on someone else to form your opinions for you
Wew lad.

Scorcese was finished with Wolf of the Wall street. Terrible, terrible flick.

WTF I love scorcese now.

I do kind of understand where they're coming from, though. It's not like race is a big deal, but it would be nice to see some historic movies without the white insert for the western audience. The Last Emperor did it just fine and was well received.

This is an adaptation of a book. By a Japanese author. The main characters in the book are all Portuguese Jesuit priests.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silence_(novel)

Except they aren't inserts, you retard. That actually happened in history. Inserts are token minority actors shoved in historical movies, like blacks in WW2 movies.

no he was finished with Gangs of New York, bub

>like blacks in WW2 movies.

Historically accurate highly decorated warriors

I'm not saying that they should misrepresent the book or the author's intentions. Just that whenever a movie gets set overseas, it often features a relatable western protagonist instead of a native. It would be nice to see more films break the mold.

I think a big reason people enjoy anime is because it displays a lot of Japanese customs without any hand holding.

Name 5 of these """warriors""

I'll wait for you google them

Remember that he almost got sued for delaying this movie for so long, he was contractually obligated to make it. He probably didn't give a fuck. His Sinatra biopic will be GOAT.

Except that out of all the thousands of interesting historical events that have taken place in Japan, the one about westerners venturing there to spread Christianity gets made. I'm sure it's a fine movie, but the western protagonist clearly helps with the marketing.

Miscenegation between moors and christians was frowned upon in the Iberian peninsula and then based Inquisition purged the few half-blooded, heretics, jews and protestant scum on this Holy Land

t. brown haired, eyed and skinned white spaniard

uh, that would be cultural appropriation, shitlord

i hope these people understand they've killed film making

You're no better than a Cagot.

Nah, not even SJWs could call a movie about Japan played by Japs (or their descendants) cultural appropriation.

There's no way it could lose, except for in the box office.

They always leave out the non-whites when they can

Like Indians in Dunkirk

>Probably the most unusual posting of any unit of the Indian Army during World War II was in 1940, when four mule companies of the Indian Army Service Corps joined the British Expeditionary Force (BEF) in France, and were evacuated from Dunkirk with the rest of the BEF in May 1940, and were still stationed in England in July 1942.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indian_Army_during_World_War_II

We fought in that battle but do we get screen time? Hell no

>Except that out of all the thousands of interesting historical events that have taken place in Japan, the one about westerners venturing there to spread Christianity gets made

How many Japanese historical films have you seen before, mate? You can get fucked with your logic right there.

>pop media "journalism"
Go watch Rogue One for a 10th time this week, reviewer!

That's my point. Why not make a film about some of the pivotal moments in Japanese history? A biographical film about Oda, something about the Meiji Restoration, the Sino-Japanese wars, etc.

Sure left out non-whites in Flags Of Our Fathers and Letters From Iwo Jima, eh?

TAKE THAT BACK YOU PUTO

Do you know how many soldiers are in a company? At absolute maximum there are 250 men.

There would have been at most 1,000 active Indian soldiers at Dunkirk likely far less. They were also mule companies, they picked up wounded soldiers and carried home the dead. It's not like they did a cavalry charge.

>That's my point.

You missed mine. How many Japanese historical films have you seen before that you bitch about this one? You ever seen The Life of Oharu? Gate Of Hell? Get fucked.

>Why not make a film about some of the pivotal moments in Japanese history?

Because Japanese movie goers wouldn't watch it. They work too much and don't fuck enough.

>Stop acting like a white savior hurr
>omg you we gotta save african and syrian children dude #savethechilluns

>white
>2016
lol get with it Scorcese XD

People don't want to focus on real problems so they find shit to complain about on the internet.

>Fuck you for not seeing these Japanese films from the 50s
What? Silence is made by a western director, probably in English. It's far more accessible for audiences here than a foreign black and white film.

>Because Japanese movie goers wouldn't watch it.
They're not going to watch it regardless. We're talking about the western audience right now and I like to think we're not so retarded that we need to have Occident inserts in every film set overseas.

There were plenty of blacks in the first five minute clip so no need for Indians

this tbqhimo senpai. Its almost 2017 after all. White genocide when?

That's the millennial response when they get buttblasted.

Fuck, these little shits are always crying about racism even when it's things that were/are against racism. If it's old, it's racist because people were racist back then even the breakthrough and inclusiveness are viewed as racist. If it's new, it's racist because how dare they talk about race, even in a positive way, the fucking cis scums!

>What?

Yes. Where do you get off bitching about this one when plenty have already been made?

>They're not going to watch it regardless

Congrats. Now you know why it's marketed as it is.

>and I like to think we're not so retarded that we need to have Occident inserts in every film set overseas.

It's all about making money. Art comes second, you know this. A western studio isn't going to make a film in a foreign land with a totally foreign cast because it won't make enough money. This is a moot conversation at this point because if you REALLY cared about this you'd start gathering capital together and eventually producing your own film on a Japanese event that didn't involve a western person.

>I like to think we're not so retarded that we need to have Occident inserts in every film set overseas.
Well, your fault, amerifat.

Already made. Watch more movies?

>Where do you get off bitching about this one when plenty have already been made?
This one is a modern western production. Can you kind of see the difference between that and a Japanese film from the 50s?

>plenty have already been made
Not by western directors.

>A western studio isn't going to make a film in a foreign land with a totally foreign cast because it won't make enough money
See, I don't think this is true. I think a foreign cast set in a foreign land could still work really well, it just might require a bigger investment from the audience. Take 'The Last Emperor' for example, I thought it was great and it was a British-Italian film. It didn't feature any obvious white insert, it was critically acclaimed, and was well received in the box office. And that was in the 80s as well. Another good one is Gandhi.

It can be done and it can be done well.

>if you REALLY cared about this you'd start gathering capital together and eventually producing your own film
Is this your response to every criticism about a film? 'Why don't you just get money and do it yourself?' Are you a fucking child?

>Everyone took this bait

Is it actually bad or is it just bad to people who think looking at breast are literally rape?

The only films I can find about Oda are TV movies from the 90s. There's one film about the Meiji Restoration and a few on the Sino-Japanese wars, but none of them are western and most of them are considerably old.

>watch more movies
Don't be disingenuous. Films made about Japanese historical events aren't exactly common over here.

How the fuck we should know, you imbecile?

no whites= no welfare

stupid nigger

I don't understand, why are you posting the chorus of the Swedish national anthem?

>We fought in that battle but do we get screen time? Hell no

Four mule companies. Battalion worth of logistics guys. That is like bitching about why modern war movies don't focus on cooks, HQ admin clerks, truck drivers and field mattresses.

lmao at the quivering white pigs in the thread. Even pigs can sense when their end is near I guess. Better start making friends now oh wait

>welfare
>a good thing
Fuck you're dumb. Without welfare black people could actually succeed, it's this addiction to the white system that holds them back.

Op is a faggot

>Without welfare black people could actually succeed

There isn't need for uneducated labor in the market as much as there used to be. Majority of welfare recipients would be doing shit jobs now done by illegals that have close to no protection from unjust treatment by employers. A spic gets uppity, fire and notify authorities so they can get deportation process rolling.

>Majority of welfare recipients would be doing shit jobs now done by illegals
That's an important first step. Doing a shit job still teaches you how to do a job, how to act in the workplace, how to take orders and give them. Everyone should have a job in their teens to prepare them. The work-ability of the Negro on unemployment rots with time.

Lmao trigger white people: the post

It's ok to be racist against Whitey :^)
KILL WHITEY LMAO

The problem is that tons of low skill labor tasks will be completely automated in near future. There simply won't be jobs.

>this b8
You know why discrimination against white people isn't considered racism anymore. Stop fishing for responses and educate yourself.

A better example would be blacks in WWI.

maybe we should take a few cumskin specimen and put them in the zoo just in case they went instinct kek. Or better yet we can white guilt them into living in the zoo

I've never heard a real black person use the term 'cumskin'. I love how 'pretend vengeful black man online' now has a distinct culture and vernacular.

> viewed through the narrow prism of films about faith

Arent all western films in a sense Christian?

>portugese
>white
o i am laffin

>Except they aren't inserts, you retard. That actually happened in history. Inserts are token minority actors shoved in historical movies, like blacks in WW2 movies.

This. During WWII US military was segregated. Blacks were on their own units, that were often supply and logistics units. Any WWII movie with black characters would have to have all black cast, selling that to global audience would be problematic at least, since there aren't that many black actors that can reel in audience just by being in the move and many of them are simply too old for the job.

Also there isn't that many well known black combat units. Tuskegee airmen wasn't anything special, they formed bunch of absolutely average fighter and bomber squadrons. But since they were first black air force unit, their exploits have been completely blown out of proportion by people that don't know difference between mission and sortie.

But shouldn't they just accept that the character as it has been so many times noted, is having (belief) issues with the fact god is silent?
I haven't read the book or seen it, but it's what I keep hearing regarding the plot/themes.

I've literally researched it and I can't find any blacks in the BEF at Dunkirk. At best I can find other people mentioning 2 (TWO) blacks, but when I look them up, I find NOTHING.

Blacks being in BEF could have happened. Brits, being the largest Empire known to man, had every type of race in their army. They also didn't segregate like the Americans.

So, could there had been blacks in the BEF? Yes. Were there? No evidence to support it.

Does it matter they're there? Not really, no. They were there at a later date and it's theoretically possible they were there.

>Perpetually offended cunts call this racist/oppressive/colonial apologist/white savior/etc.
>>Written by 遠藤 周作
I guess he had internalized racism.

I saw somebody criticizing this movie for being written from an overtly western perspective go on to say it didn't matter that the writer was Japanese.

Kings African Rifles, Royal West African Frontier Force and divisions formed from those fought in East African campaign against Italians and few minor actions against Vichy French around Africa. Once Africa was secured all of 'em were sent to Burma.

Caribbean units had virtually non-existent presence in combat operations in WWII. Only single infantry battalion served overseas and they were considered non-combat worthy, so they were mostly used as laborers and to guard POW's.

Would fug girl on the left

dumb anime shitposter

Scorsese has a hard-on for Japan culture & Japanese cinema & Japanese history. That's why the Jewlords of Cuckwood don't accept him because the Japs sided with their arch-nemesis during WWII. Fuck them. No living director can edit or frame scenes like Marty still can.

Why is everyone so triggered about movies? Who are we to tell filmmakers how to make their shit? I mean, we have every right to critique it, obviously, but we don't have any right to annoy them with "do this, not that", it's awful. Movies are fiction, in case you forgot, even if they're based on true events - they're fiction. That's why Herzog is so based, like Kubrick was, they would make a movie about something and do whatever the fuck they felt was right. Fuck off, faggots.