youtube.com/watch?v=VO3VIl2Sfjo
youtube.com/watch?v=5Y9uzDVhFqk
youtube.com/watch?v=wGvsoJkXv-s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Nobody cars about either of those genres anymore

>punk
cringe

Your time is up, Drumpf. The Punk resistance is strong

I stopped paying attention to hardcore punk back when the whole "mysterious guy hardcore" thing was still going on and Iceage were still the hot new punk band everyone was talking about. All that shit seems so quaint in retrospect.

Also, listening to modern punk is one of the biggest wastes of time I can think of. It's a dead medium.

>renaissance
name one (1) new punk band that's actually good other than idles

iceage

downtown boys

i said punk, not post-punk
they're great tho

not good

lmao this guy wants his punk to be “good”

their first two records are punk

Fall Our Boy

>>punk
>cringe
punk

Punk is literally grandpa music now.

from the creators of Now! That's What I Call Punk Rock 5, it's Rock Against Drumpf! with all of your favorite tracks speaking out against the Orange Menace, including "Heck No, I Didn't Vote For This Bro" and "Pink Floyd's The Wall"

>caring about a bunch of women, trannies and soyboys crying about wypipo and glumpf

jej

Hardcore is the only punk subgenre worth a shit these days because it's (for the most part) not a bunch of political pandering.

You find parallels with the bullshit rhetoric you are spouting, and with everybody hates Reagan in the 80's, but punk music is not defined soley on that.

>"Heck No, I Didn't Vote For This Bro"

Fantastic. Excellent.

>but punk music is not defined soley on that
these days it usually is. i just want some dumb edgy shit like liquids or retards not some whiny faggots crying about things they dont like.

There's a lot of really good apolitical contemporary punk though.

punk is too political these days. I miss the golden days of MDC and Reagan Youth

probably because punk and hardcore a both pretty shitty genres

pls post recs

sorry man, nothing in this world is apolitical

kek

Maybe you prefer just straight up Now! That's What I Call Punk and Hardcore, give it a download on iTunes
check this tracklist
1) Wah Wah I Hate My Dad
2) Fuck Those Kids at High School
3) Don't Have a Job How Can I Afford Hair Care Products
4) Sickass Stain on My Jean Jacket Vest
5) How the Fuck to Stitch Patches Please
6) Yeah Heroin
7) Fuck Heroin
8) Holy Shit My Body Is Constantly In Pain
9) Fuck Yeah Mosh Pit
10) I Haven't Shit In Weeks

Lumpy and the Dumpers
Uranium Club
The Coneheads
Institute
Booji Boys
The Chats
BB Eye
Goggs
Ex Cult

sounds better than that other shit

That's objectively incorrect. Kys

nope, sorry!

>Booji Boys

Your commentary is kind of humorous, but you are are just reducing the entirety of a style of music into stereotypes.I guess I couldn't expect more from a thread like this.

neat thanks

I can't remember the last time I went to a non-hardcore punk show without getting an anti trump monologue from every band.

>hurrrrr I don't know what Devo is

>that faggy pop punk band that was lecturing the crowd on how they should stop making fun of harambe

just calling it a style of music is the stereotype my friend; punk is like dada, it became exactly what it was conceived to oppose, just another autonomous art movement

and its outdated as fuck so pretty sure anything at this point is considered parody

>if I use big words people will think I know what I'm talking about

I bet you listen to jazz to look smart

I remember you from an emo thread a while ago
you're an unfunny cunt, genuinely lobotomise yourself

gee i'm sory

underage faggot
you post election dickheads have ruined this board

I'm a part of what some people call the "alt-right" and it feels punk as fuck. It feels like an actual counter culture, or rebellion against the PC culture that dominates American colleges.

It's pretty much all I listen to now. I haven't nor will hear any of the nu-crap. it's mostly all from the 80s, some from 70s and I pretty much cut at the 90s. And my bank in't even that large but I'm fine with with it.

No its the composition of mutual ideas forming the base of a style of music, your perception of it is the stereotype, but I agree that punk became a parody of its former self, but that is no reason to dismiss punks influence spanning over multiple decades.

been doing this thing since I was a child, it was this revolutionary thing my parents put me on back in then 90s. It's this whole concept of just, y'know, being a good person.

PC culture is retarded. Culture breathes through humour and being able to laugh at itself.

But people like you are even worse. What do you even have to rebel against bro? Go fucking hang out with some ugly brown dude who mildly creeps you out. Ask him light up the hookah, play some hindi songs. These are good people you racist fucking asshole. People that love to laugh and play music and party.

I don't know what desolate state you in live in there in 'murica, but wherever it is, get the fuck out. Go travel. See some shit. Please.

Oh god, I hope not. Punk was a mistake

there’s literally nothing punk about being in the alt right. you’re biggest figureheads are a neocon billionaire and a cross between a slug and Julius Ebola

you’d literally have to know zero about punk or it’s history to say that dumb shit you said.

Don't meme on Combat 84, they're a good band.

CAPITAL PUNISHMENT
A STRONGER GOVERNMENT

>falling for old pasta in 2018

>im punk because i agree with the news and disney moobies

ah, that’s embarrassing

I don’t come here that often anymore. I got got

>blumpf is alt right

what did the worst new name fag mean by this?

Turnstile

One of those responses is pasta.

You might get shit on for posting them but they put on one of the most fun live shows I've ever been to.

I'd love to talk about it OP, so long as we're talking about the same thing

youtube.com/watch?v=M1ChRiCL7H0
youtube.com/watch?v=Ip14gkhD-bk
youtube.com/watch?v=VO3VIl2Sfjo

Is there any other genre of music that is so self-absorbed, so desperate for validation, so pathetically obsessed with itself, so childish and image-conscious, so accepting of conformity and mediocrity as Punk? No. There isn’t. Because Punk is the fucking worst, at least in North America, and it needs to get right or go away forever.

Punk is a petulant little child that is wrought with an Oedipus complex, an oral fixation and a collective transference of identity issues (somehow stemming from a lack of identity) that causes it to be constantly screaming for attention. Punk ALWAYS needs a great big dick in its mouth to calm it down and stroke its melodramatic ego. Punk wants to be heard and seen. It wants to rebel; yet, if you look at it, it ironically shuns your gaze because you are not credible enough to soothe its aching teats.

Punk wants to be different, but only within a strict set of guidelines. Punk is a tireless masochist. It suffers, it moans, it whines, it annoys; it is a culture of emasculation, castration, penis envy, communism, capitalism, liberal faggotry of the highest order, and third-grade intellectualism. Punk is weak, ill-formed, small-minded, an accident. Punk is modern man in search of a soul, yet it looks not to the heavens for answers — instead it stares in awe up its own gaping asshole, whispering with quivered lips, "You go, girl." Yes. YES. Punk is a cliche, a reproduction, derivative and fucking lame. Punk is an echo chamber.

I saw MDC was going to play at a local venue around here recently, and it seems they had bought into blah kkk, blah usa bullshit. I had no desire to go after that, or any show in general really.

Is this a meme? Both of those bands were political as fuck.

>being surprised from a band with a name like that

post-punk is punk

Punk band makes a disco song

Yeah this is the type of shit I'm talking about

We need more punk like this.

you mean a band called Millions of Dead Cops was vocally opposed to the kkk and the us govt?? :o

it’s jokes, man

youtube.com/watch?v=5Y9uzDVhFqk this is some decent modern UK82 styled punk.

This is a great album indeed.

Who the fuck stalks me because I was just listening to this like an hour ago. This can't be a coincidence

This is not good. Your opinion is wrong sir.

WHEN YOU'RE ON YOUR KNEES WITH A GUN TO YOUR HEAD
ITS BETTER TO BE DEAD THAN FUCKING RED

Good punk hasn't been made in 30 years.

if you're here saying punk is dead or whatever, you might be someone not involved in your local underground and house venue punk scene. I live in new orleans and see crazy punk shows between here, mobile, bermingham, hattiesburg, and pensacola on the way regular. everything from prog shit to traditional hardcore, noisepunk and art shit and everything in between.

i'm going to a punk/noise house show tonight that will easily have 45-60 people who show up for one band or other... that's p good for a dead scene and almost no publicity.

YOU LET JOBS GO INTO THE DISTANCE
YOU'RE ON THE DOLE FOR YOUR EXISTANCE

>punk

youtube.com/watch?v=wGvsoJkXv-s These guys are from NOLA, you ever seen them live?

only d-beat is real

hey man that's pretty good

lit for sure, i've been more into the tape black metal scene myself but i'm always down for some shite quality kicking and screaming

i have haha, friends of friends with drybirth records- everyone knows everyone if you go out or have a band

But seriously, dont do this. Same thing happened with No Trend, they became a brainbombs-tier meme on rym all of the sudden for a couple of months and then everyone forgot about them. Dont let that happen to Combat 1488HH please

They're too problematic to become RYMcore.

Bump to save this thread from the Downward Spiral spam

Why did Youth Crew never get huge? It seems like it had a small window of time and then faded away.

It got absorbed by the early metalcore scene.

>fall out soy

i've played more than 5 shows with them, they're all asshole sjws who are shitty players and write the same song over and over again.

no one has mentioned

>spine
>congenital death
>goolagoon
>intercourse
>kidnapped

uncultured

Soooo, they're like every punk band ever?

>counter culture
>being the exact same thing as the people you're fighting, just from the opposite side politically

counter culture is usually a different approach and outlook. agreeing with the sjw definition of whiteness and saying its ok instead of bad isnt countering.

they're the only bro/workout music band that i can stand.

gotta be honest, knowing what i know about their politics and music, i feel like you may actually be the asshole here

funny, in my scene, all the ex-metalcore kids became youthkrew bands, all of them decked out in straight edge x's while drinking 40s

nah, just the ones that get big.

you sound like a faggot

you sound like a faggot too
>th-they good people because of their politics i swear
kill yourself

Any modern bands for fans of Three One G, Skin Graft Records or ugEXPLODE?
I can only stand crazy and autistic punk nowadays and am extremely out of the loop

they literally stopped playing a song in the middle of it to yell at me half taking my shirt off to wipe the sweat off my face and said it was "white male privilege". still complimented them on thier set every time, even if it wasnt my thing.

>Three One G
Now there's a label I haven't thought of in a long time

yeah, most are shitty pantera wanna be's who need the same drop-b breakdown in every song.
total fag