Thoughts?

Thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

lmgtfy.com/?iie=1&q=Reddit
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

They can't do continuous stories at all.

Obviously they had no backup plotline for what to do if Hilldog lost. Very lazy writers. Deserve all the scorn they got for this clusterfuck of no real story season.

This. Last episode this season was called The End of Serialization, I really hope that was a meta joke and they go back to doing non-continuity stuff next season.

South Park is increasingly shittier but to be fair this season did have a few funny scenes

>lazy writers
>everyone and their mother thought Hillary would win
It was a safe bet

The season before this one was infinitely better

This one got so old with the LOOK HOW RETARDED TRUMP IS HAHAHAHA season long joke that the entire country has already hackneyed the fuck out for over a year already

WE GET IT

YOU DONT LIKE TRUMP

An entire season having "a few funny scenes" isn't deserving of praise or relinquishing of criticism.

>Mass replying (You) farmer
Sad!

Go hate Sam Hyde somewhere else pussy

South Park season 20 was shit, sorry.

How is it possible for someone to be this butthurt?

I like the serialization, but they took it way too far this season. I much prefer the way they did it the last two seasons where some storylines and consequences carried over but the episodes themselves still had their own arcs and plots.

The only two things I remember that were even mildly funny were the Memberberries(ended up going nowhere, plotline completely abandoned) and the "women are funny, I crack up every time Amy Schumer talks about her vagina" bit, which was basically just a ripoff of a Sup Forums shitpost thread. That's pretty weak for a whole season of material.

I hate that they're doing one long episode instead of separate regular ones.
It's lazy, they repeat jokes every episode, and they drag stuff a lot.
I would've preferred 10 awful separate episodes instead.
South Park doesn't deserve to end like this. I'm sad.

Matt Stone made o a lot of Hilldawg shekels

This

It's like they were gonna use the memberberries for something important and then... Trump won so they just became irrelevent

why'd u post a caricature of yourself?

lmgtfy.com/?iie=1&q=Reddit

the fact that they pretty much built in an automatic defense/excuse for the poor quality of this season has really made me lose a lot of respect for matt and trey. Now anybody that has any legit criticism is just met with

>hurr member berries! nostalgiafag!
>hurr ur juz an alt-rightist! Trump fanboi!

I doubt it was intentional but fuck them regardless. This season was shit and they need to stop with multi-episode plotlines. They were always the weakest episodes of previous seasons so I don't know what the fuck they were thinking doing it over the entire season except they've gotten incredibly fucking lazy.

>They were always the weakest episodes of previous seasons

>Implying imaginationland isn't GOAT

Matt and Trey are just phoning it in. Hack as fuck.

They said they were tired of doing SP 10 years ago, but Comedy Central keeps renewing them.

are you fucking with me? imaginationland is fucking garbage

Last season worked because they had their finger somewhat on the pulse with their criticism of SJWs and PC culture.
The biggest problem with this season was how they handled Trump. It's not even the fact that they were criticizing him, I wouldn't mind that, but it's that the criticisms had no basis in reality.
>Oh, Garrison(Trump) doesn't even want to be president
Blatantly false, Trump wanted to win
>Oh, he's president now, he's completely clueless and doesn't know what to do
Trump hasn't even been sworn into office yet, any criticism of his competence is just speculating at this point.
Good satire works when it makes a pointed observation about a political or social issue.
South Park was just parroting the majority anti-Trump sentiment without bringing any new perspective or interesting observation about it.

Weakest season yet. And I don't think it's because of the continuous storyline. They've played around with continuity before and it has worked, but this season was just meh.

Is that you, Dildo Swaggins?

>Donald Trump is a foul-mouthed asshole that hates right-wing evangelists, left-wing moralists and political correctness and always seeks to "make a deal" instead of pursuing rigid ideology
>South Park fucking hates him in spite of the fact that that's what they've been demanding from a politician since 1997
???

>Last season worked

I thought it was the weakest season until 20 came around

It's Comedy Central m8. Every show needs to be anti-Trump or they will cancel it. Fascism is on the left these days.

This this this this this

I hate Trump almost as much as Clinton but their neverending jokes about him just got really old really fast. It wasnt hitting hard truth the way satire should. It was just typical HURRR DURRRR TRUMP IS SOOOOO RETARDED

10 episodes, roughly 4.5 hours of content, with only a "few funny scenes" is not good

>Fascism is on the left
Fascism and Communism are two sides of the same coin of central planning. Once you realize politics isn't on a spectrum of left and right but rather on a spectrum of freedom and authoritarianism you'll have realized the ugly truth.

It properly shit on everything including Trump

Next season just took the Trump joke way too far and beat it till it was dead and buried

Trump is way funnier as the hero

South Park has been going downhill since season 15.
You're Getting Old/Ass Burgers(where ironically they teased the idea of continuity and made an argument against it) are probably the last episodes I really enjoyed.
But when you compare between seasons that have had continuity(19 and 20), 19 does work. It didn't have any glaringly abandoned plotlines or set up threads that went nowhere. The running gag with Jenner running over people was consistently funny despite being reused throughout the season. Now compare that to how Jenner was used this season. She was a leftover story element that they had to work with for continuity's sake, but they couldn't do anything with her, so she was just there.

Where did you read "it was good" in that post? Fucking Sup Forumsedditors are illiterate af.

I interpreted "to be fair" as
>it was alright because it had a few good scenes
You don't have to be fair at all. The entire season was shitty

I fucking loved those two episodes. I remember waiting months for the season to resume, to see what would happen. You're Getting Older is my all-time favorite South Park episode, and one of the few that made me emotional. I was 14 or 15 at the time, and I saw myself in Stan. Can't believe it's been five years already.

They didn't have anything to say about trump that I didn't read on Facebook.
> he's orange lmao

Has been the most basic lame normie joke for about 10 years. They should be embarrassed that they did it.

The serialization is good I think but this season it was bad. They were lazy and ended up using the same jokes every episode.

>denmark lmao
>only Ugly people troll ( this inspite of south park it self being a show that trolls )
> female comedians

stankface was accurate

last 3 episodes of the season were pretty bad thoug

Hopefully he and all those Trumpcucks realise that before the next election.

Fag.

Season 18 was okay, and it was also the least focused on a central plotline. Only the Lorde thing really stuck around for the whole season.

19 was promising starting off, but towards the end it was clear they screwed themselves with the shortened seasons and just had no idea how to wrap their shit up.

20 had few good moments, and Trump's victory just utterly ruined the rest of the season.

>It didn't have any glaringly abandoned plotlines or set up threads that went nowhere.

Don't bullshit us.

The whole PC Principal vs. the ads thing was just explained away in a single line and they never explained WHY he hates the ads in the first place.

>(((ADS)))
I wish they would just go full blown jew exposing and get shut down for their final season

It would go down in history as the ballsiest show ever.

I meant
>as many
instead of any.

Matt Stone is a Jew.

They've spent so much time inside the Hollywood echo-chamber that they can't tell what's real any more. The message of last season was ultimately "we know it sucks but political correctness is for the best".

I wish redditors, like you, would fucking kill themselves

I didn't watch beyond the 4th or 5th episode, it was just so... boring

I actually wouldn't mind jokes made about Trump. Especially now. He's president. It's comes with the territory.

But after the last 8 years where everyone was afraid to make fun of Obama and turned into total shills, I lost all respect. These people lost the right to make fun of anyone.

don't say that user

Shit season. Worst of the series. They went from bashing everyone, to being one sided. There was a day when they made fun of Clinton. Remember nuke in the snuke? Maybe they should've planned a story arch for a Trump win...

wish harder, i'm sure it will come true

definintely this

season 19's continuity was decent, since it was mainly background, while every episode took on a fresh topic

Basically, it's better when you can watch any single episode and it makes sense on it's own. If you need to watch the whole season to understand what's going on, they fucked up.

> this butthurt

Hiro's second in command already told you ledditors to get the fuck out

Seems everyone agrees last season was pretty good and this one was shit.

I think last year was a perfect balance between episodic storylines and a serial storyline (minus the last 3 episodes which were a lot more serial and also sucked a lot more)

Having said that I don't want them to go back to last year's mix, I think the 3 years of serial were enough (2 years ago they were JUST SLIGHTLY teasing serial...) and I hope they go back to purely episodic now. It will even be interesting to see after all the continuous storylines - perhaps it will be episodic but things are now "changed" forever in the world

Where the fuck has Kenny been this season?

I enjoyed what they said about how Trump got elected in the last episode

You know, the same way trolling works... Person A pisses off Person B to get a reaction from Person C which causes Persons D E and F to rail on him and so on and so forth

"Kind of sounds like how I got elected"

Might not be too far off.

>Matt Stein

#NotAllJews if you know what I mean

This

Hiro is having a purge of opinion based censorship right now and it's glorious

DEAL WITH THE TRUTH YOU FUCKING PUSSY LIBERALS

>vice president is a self described right wing evangelist

they can do it, they just need to make it like the season before, just tiny little bits of continuity.