>muh cosmo pyke
>muh rex orange county
>muh boy pablo
>muh tyler the creator
>muh brockhampton
>muh earl sweatshirt
>muh yellow days

is this the future of music?

No, it's a trend that will fade away as quickly as it appeared.

what do you think it's like to get a haircut so fresh it makes people speculate on a whole new genre of music?

some of these are okay. gus is defenitly one of the worst of them. not sure how tyler, brockhampton and earl belong on that list

WHY IS Sup Forums FULL OF SHILLS AND SOY???

let me sum it up for you
>le quirk
>le indie
>le colourful clothing
>le not trying
>le lo-fi bedroom schtick
>le ganja
>le guitars
>le bisexuality
that's pretty much it

>le guitars

Like we've had for the past 60 years?

no? guitars haven't ever been meme-ified like this. people used to play guitar as a standard, now modern music production is awash with electronic sounds and kids like mac are using guitars more of a fashion statement and an image rather than a tool to make genuinely meritable music.

Yeah, none of these people have much long-term influence over music.

kek this post made me laugh thnx user

>if i add "muh" before the artists this will not be a stupid thread
you tried op

Who the fuck are these people? All I know are Tyler, Brockhampton and Earl, but I don't listen to any one of these artists you listed.

>future
But most of that stuff is so old that it was trendy all the way back when I actually cared about popular music.

>meme-ified

By that logic every single genre of music can be considered a meme, and by the actual definition of the word meme (from before the internet) they are just memes. So if your complaining about memes and music, then you're complaining about music genres themselves which gets to be absurd. Go ahead and hate the style, but saying it's just a meme, although technically correct, turns into a complaint about every single genre in existence.

I'm curious about what you don't like about Gus. I find his songs pretty catchy. If anyone else wants to chime in, please do.

that's funny tho

who does?

thanks capitalism

Don't fucking group king krule, Earl, and Tyler with those other faggots. They've been in the game far longer and know how to switch things up with changing trends.

The guitar is dead

t. can't write music

t. Telecaster player

What do these have in common? Just borrowing extended chords and harmony from jazz?