youtube.com/watch?v=47HgrBeg1t8
youtube.com/watch?v=YnNSnJbjdws
youtube.com/watch?v=__2aK-Ptqt0
youtube.com/watch?v=MCkZr5k6ZjA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

why the long face

>CGI carrie's hotter

P O E T R Y

>IS THIS ANOTHER SHILL THREAD? OH LOOK MONIEZ FOR MOUSE!

fuk off shills

>people bitching about something that's literally only on the screen for 5 seconds at the very end

who the fuck cares?

no

JESUS FUCKING CHRIST GUYS

it's rOGUE one and rOUGE the bat. how the hell can you type out literally who foreign film director names and titles but can't understand where to place the "u" for the right word?

fuock me right

Wow, man... Based as fuck. I'll watch that movie now.

Better than current carry fisher.

Explain how disney gets money from this thread

Why was she so ugly in New Hope

Tarkin was cool as fuck desu.

It was bad, it deserves criticism. I don't want these CGI ghosts to become a standard part of filmmaking. It looks like pure nightmare fuel, and as you mentioned, it was barely even relevant to the movie in Leia's case. There was no good reason to do it this way

>insanely popular franchise releases new movie
>generates discussion
>nah, must be shills!

>Looks like a basement dweller made it.
That's how they make CGI for movies.
There's not like an actual room where they all sit together and paint. The artists send the movie to each other and every one of them adds his own layer.
So this was literally made by fat neckbeards each dwelling in his own respective basement.

>Butthurt Disney Fagboy detected.

It's hilariously bad

In no way did it impact my enjoyment of the film, people are making a big deal about nothing though I know that's standard practice around these parts.

This.
Just because it wasn't a huge problem with the movie doesn't mean that it's above criticism.

>tfw still would

I'm not sure why Tarkin's CGI model looked so good, but this one turned out so bad. Especially given that Carrie Fisher is still alive and they probably could have de-aged her like they did in Tron and Captain America: Civil War.

Part of me hopes they'll change it up for the Blu-Ray and make the model look nicer. It just looks incomplete in its current state.

Bottom looks like a wax figure, holy shit

Not a single person in this thread has posted any legit criticism.

My only gripe with the CG characters were that their mouth movements were kind of stiff. Otherwise I thought it was fantastic.

Kekest kek

Probably the best CGI I've seen yet. It looked phenomenal.

Enjoyed the movie a lot!

>probably could have de-aged her
I doubt
Look up a recent picture of her

But user these faces aren't perfect! You're supposed to mad!!!!!!!!

Never mind that Trakin and Leia were quite possibly the best CGI humans ever put on film no, no, no, they weren't absolutely perfect so it was a total disaster. Now get mad ok?

FUARK yasssss dude!!! movie was bad ass, feelsy, and comfy!!

I got home, pulled up Sup Forums, grinded some nuggage, ordered some za, and had a blast talking about it yo.

Easily top 5 of the year, maybe top 10 ever desu fampaitchi!!!

>unironically thinking Disney Jews would pay to generate viral marketing on fucking Sup Forums

yay, another star wars thread

EXACTLY what this place needed.

thank you OP

Are you retarded? It's rouge one.

>trying this hard

they made her skinnier, how are they not getting shit for this?

Ehh... I found the Tarkin-animation really distracting and off-putting. It was almost as bad as that scene in The Sopranos where they did a similar thing after the actress for Tony's mother died.

This type of CG works very well for their alien characters, but not a human, sharing a scene with other humans. Tarkin never "passed." I was staring at that creepy wax-figure face the whole time he was on-screen.

I'm sure they spent a hell of a lot of money on this, and I guess they did a good job, but those scenes would've worked better if they just hired a different actor.

>I'm not sure why Tarkin's CGI model looked so good,

you´re literally blind and retarded if you think that awful-looking shit looked good

It's because both were so good that everyone's complaining:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uncanny_valley

no, fuck off

that shit didn´t look even remotely right

Tarking looked like a CG ps3 character, and leia looked as some reject out of one of the ps2 Siren games

That's where they based the rest of the names from, like Red 5

They did a "good job" animating these things, but it was an idea that should've been trashed in pre-production. The whole idea was that it would "fit the canon" better this way, but it was just fucking distracting. They should've just re-cast those roles, everyone is well fucking aware that "A New Hope" was made 40 years ago. They don't need to "trick" us with a CG re-creation of Peter Cushing, just hire a different actor

Yeah it was a misspelling on the script

Red 1 is what its meant to be

They went with rouge because of the girl main character because it's a makeup or something as well

>both were so good
Tarkin looked like a PS3 trailer

She looks fine in the movie.

i couldnt fucking focus during any scene with tarkin, it was awful. it's like they copypasted character models from clone wars.

Looks like a terrible videogame cg.

She doesnt even look similar.

>comparing a bluray pic with a blurry camrip

her face looks longer and thinner
the color looks washed out, not sure if its just the cam rip

>NO-WUH

Yeah, directly compared, it looks shit. They should have put a real actress in make up, or focused on more of carries imperfections, like redder more blemished cheeks and wrinkles and such. The cgi face is too clean and perfect.

Looks okay until she looks up

Anyone else thought CGI Tarkin looked like TF2's Spy? The way his mouth moved, the overdone skull shaped head, the excessive mannerisms.

i unironically didn't know about them being cgi when i watched the movie, well i expected them to be de-aged but not fully rendered. (didn't even know the tarkin actor was dead desu)

and i still don't see anything wrong. it looks totally real to me. only thing is rogue one's leia has slightly less red cheeks, thats all.

The renderings are probably as good as they could possibly be, but when they move, it just doesn't look right. I wasn't going into this movie looking to nitpick, but I really did find it distracting and creepy.

I fucking hated every little bit of TFA. It was ridiculous, it was stupid and it was pure pandering.
Rogue One was its own thing. Sure they brought back the same old characters, but the interaction with the new characters was good.

>Moff Tarkin and Krenik fighting for power
>The doc guy who fucked up the death star on purpose
>The references didn't feel forced at all, save the AT-AT and the shitty C3P0 and R2 appearance.
>The ending was good and well-woven together.
>Vader was GREAT. It managed to sound like EpIV Vader while acting like a real dark lord.

She doesn't even look that bad. Protip: people age in old age.

youtube.com/watch?v=47HgrBeg1t8

Fully agreed, in motion he really was like a cartoon.

does anyone have the tarkin one? i want to see how he looks

I didn't know Cher was in Rogue One

Sup Forums is only used to celeb women who "age" gracefully with gratuitous amounts of plastic surgery

Anyone else find the ending extremely abrupt and mood breaking? It was almost offensive to the senses.

>arguably biggest franchise in film history
>giant budget
>produce some goofy looking shit
t-thanks, disney

>trying this hard to be contrarian

She's an ogre, mate, and her voice is all blown out. Would have been 10x worse having her leathery face standing there wheezing out the lines

this looks pretty impressive imo. and yeah it's obvious that it's cgi, because duh, but it's a scifi movie in spes so who cares.

Rogue One is way better than TFA. It shows respect for the Star Wars universe and the viewer's common sense. It's more serious and loses all the edgy components of TFA.

Still Rogue One is no more than a 6.5 (the plot is not very interesting, characters are dull). TFA is like a 3.5 to me, because it's an insult to intelligence and good taste. Oh, and absolutely unoriginal.

What is wrong with you people?

This looked fine. Stop memeing and get a fucking job or a girlfriend. Memes aren't THAT incredible, as comfy as they are...trust me, I've been there.

Memes are comfy, but can only get you so far in life. So, lets all grow the fuck up, shall we?

>TFA is pure pandering
>Rogue One panders so fucking hard that it's bringing back dead actors
Stop letting Sup Forums tell you what to think

Why didn't they just carefully edit old footage into the movie instead of this abominable garbage? They did it for Civil War and Ant Man.

Yea, she does look real fucking similar actually, check your eyes spergboy.

is this the same tech they used in the marvel movies for rdj and michael dougles`?

Vader's seen at the end was bad ass. I'm glad they used him as sparingly as they did. It made scenes he was in more imposing

If it's obviously CGI, then it doesn't look impressive. It's not meant to look like "amazing effects," it's meant to look like a character interacting with other characters. This shit doesn't work, you don't have to pretend it does just because you liked the rest of the movie. Stop lowering your standards, for fuck's sake.

In 20 years they're just gonna stop hiring actors, we'll just pay to watch dead-eyed CG ghosts having simulated conversations, and filmmaking will finally be dead

it's obviously cgi because carrie fisher is an old hag irl is what I meant

Does anyone have an image of cgi Tarkin?

yeah

You say this like its a bad thing. Directors and writers will have near 100% control of their content. People will finally stop wasting their lives to playing pretend (and the people actually serious about acting will always have theatre) and we'll progress as a society.

Does anyone have a screen cap of when Red Leader and Gold Leader make an appearance?

>TFW Characters are there for no reason at all, it shows like they have seen the movies but really have no idea of what's going on. Admiral Ackbar? Sure, let's put him there because IT'S A TRAP XDD amIrite?
That's bad.
>RO has Moff Tarkin being Moff Tarkin doing Moff Tarkin things with some extra sprinkles of personality that make him a more cunning and interesting villain.
That's good.

>TFA puts Luke there, just staring dumbfounded at why the fuck is this bitch giving him that lightsaber and then a sudden cut. YOU SAW LUKE, RIGHT? AREN'T YOU HYPED?
This is wrong.
>RO puts Leia at the very end, weaving RO perfectly with the OT.
This is good.

Besides, RO manages to make TFA even more stupid because they make the Death Star's flaw believable for EP IV and VI.

Vader's voice wasn't as good
I guess JEJ is just too old

WHY HELLO BEAUTIFUL

>Directors and writers will have near 100% control of their content
Studio executives will have near 100% control of their content. A big part of a director's job is playing "horse whisperer" for the actors. Once the messy spontaneity of on-set filmmaking is removed from the process, "creative control" will be a thing of the past.

And come on, I couldn't watch a whole movie played out by these creepy beings. I'm fine with animated films, I was fine with CG aliens in District 9, but CG "actors" in a "live action" film just fall right into the uncanny valley, no matter how good the animators do. It's not a question of execution, it's just a bad idea

is there a webm with sound

the cgi characters are definitely the low points of the movie
The models themselves aren't too bad, but sticking them in and pretending they're real people just didn't work
Tarkin had the benefit of a taciturn personality, so emoting wasn't as big of a deal
Liea's dead eyed smile was terrible
And throwing in the old pilots was just unnecessary

He sounds just like he did in EP IV:
youtube.com/watch?v=YnNSnJbjdws

>I couldn't watch a whole movie played out by these creepy beings
it's alright. by then the tech will have advanced so it will be real.

look how far we've come since the final fantasy movie

youtube.com/watch?v=__2aK-Ptqt0

FUARK yasssss dude!! Omg I had a fangasam!!!

camrip with stretched perspective.

What the fuck is this stupid meme

She actually looks better in the game.

Why are her lips in a perpetual pucker nowadays?

>quite possibly the best CGI humans ever put on film

Cocaine was a mistake

what a qt

I'm going to keep posting this in these threads until someone notices: $3.4 million dollars were spent to digitally recreate Oliver Reed in Gladiator for a half of minute of footage since he died during production. This was done in the year 2000, 16 (SIXTEEN) years ago, and was hardly noticeable at the time (mostly because Reed's death was not widely known at the time).

Studios are just fucking cheap and lazy hacks

Should have just stayed at the side view. Once they show her fake ugly face it ruined this moment.

Just horse face my shit up

youtube.com/watch?v=MCkZr5k6ZjA

You're a goddamn idiot.