Why do people rate the wire above Sopranos?

Why do people rate the wire above Sopranos?

youtube.com/watch?v=3KIHhwM1j9w

There is no real emotion to the wire, its just niggers killing each other

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jHuCn34NMl8
youtube.com/watch?v=Ibaw8vmmdEU
youtube.com/watch?v=oYj7q_by_2E
youtube.com/watch?v=T-j5XWo1fPI
youtube.com/watch?v=XeQhcS-ln0Y
youtube.com/watch?v=hor_gOBU_GU
youtube.com/watch?v=91CpbRq9Tiw
youtube.com/watch?v=9ClTuBXqQ24
youtube.com/watch?v=6SO40ansNU8
youtube.com/watch?v=m5Pb8MHIy2s
youtube.com/watch?v=tFkWPNJAy14
youtube.com/watch?v=l8nfkK80oN8
youtube.com/watch?v=oi-rvruy70M
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I could never get into The Wire because I had no interest in the characters, or the setting. Couldn't even finish season 1

The Sopranos on the other hand I was predisposed to enjoying because, as unoriginal as I may be, I find the American Mafia fascinating. Also the characters, Tony and Junior in particular, are incredible.

Because Chrissy never watched it.

I like The Wire because it's the best cop show ever made. It's not really focused on the gangsters in the same way as The Sopranos. It fleshes out their stories more than the average cop show, because this really gives a full picture of the challenges of law enforcement, and the pushing-a-boulder-uphill pointlessness of the war on drugs.

that said, I still like The Sopranos better. But they're both good shows on their own merits

>there is no real emotion to the Wire

youtube.com/watch?v=jHuCn34NMl8

youtube.com/watch?v=Ibaw8vmmdEU

youtube.com/watch?v=oYj7q_by_2E

youtube.com/watch?v=T-j5XWo1fPI

youtube.com/watch?v=XeQhcS-ln0Y

youtube.com/watch?v=hor_gOBU_GU

fuck off

youtube.com/watch?v=91CpbRq9Tiw

youtube.com/watch?v=9ClTuBXqQ24

In addition to being a great drama with a ton of suspense, the sopranos was one of the funniest shows ever made.

the attempts at humor on the wire were always fucking corny.

>Three detectives for a 24 hour wiretap. Four more for a couple of 2 man surveillance teams. A pair of unmarked cars. I'm not asking the world here, Cedric.
>Lester, if I had it you'd have it.
>That's the cell number of the motherfucker who put 22 bodies on us! Go to the fucking mayor!
>I've been to the mayor! I've been to him on my knees, twice already, once for your case, remember? And all I could bring back was two men to work Clay Davis. And yesterday, with the serial killer that homicide brought in, two men only. I've done my job, I've gone up the ladder every time. But if a fucking serial killer can't bring back more than a couple of detectives, what the hell does it matter that you've got a fresh phone number?

My favorite scene in The Wire. The Sopranos is my favorite show of all time, but The Wire is in my top five, along with The Shield, True Detective season one, and Breaking Bad.

>doesn't like real, gritty wire characters
>likes magnanimous, stereoptypical archetype soprano characters.

You like plot, and don't care about characters and setting your stupid faggot

the sopranos literally invented the tv formula every show follows now
people only think the wire is better because it has niggers in it despite one of them being a super nigger who wears a bow tie and other nonsensical shit that completly invalidates their struggle by removing reality from a show that depends on it

t. Sup Forums

What other nonsensical shit was there?

kek do you really think writing t.Sup Forums invalidates my post?
The wire is great but it's inconsistent and like I said, does not completly adhere to the reality it derives everything from so which left it with irreparable flaws.

>what other nonsensical shit was there?
H A M S T E R D A M

>H A M S T E R D A M
Yuuup, that was a definite low point for the series.

The Sopranos shits all over The Wire.

A lot of people hate the fact that the greatest television series of all time also had mass market appeal., so they maintain that The Wire is their favourite television show as there is (was) less chance that normies had seen it.

Now that the legacy of The Wire is raped, and many people now watch it under the misguided belief of its greatness- and thus discover that it's actually a mid-tier show, The Sopranos is finally gaining its rightful place as the #1 Kino show of all time.

Btw don't even get me started on Breaking Shit. Oh how I guffaw at that nonsense.

Brother Mouzone is Nation of Islam, those niggers are scattered throughout the northeast and west coast and other random spots.

this is bait.

>muh gritty realism
fuck off pleb

Because it has cool niggers in it!

oh cool everyone from the nation of islam is a superhero genius assassin?
wtf I hate christanity now

>stereotypical archetype soprano characters

Actually one thing I loved about the Sopranos was that they weren't typical mob characters. Name another mafia show/movie where the mob boss deals with depression and anxiety like Tony did.

And other characters like Richie Aprile, who was only around for a season, actually had a lot of depth to him. Ralphie too.

>wtf I hate christanity now

He's not even portrayed positively you clinical retard, why are you arguing about a show you haven't watched to the point where you resort to use memes?

Analyze This

i've seen the entire show from start to finish twice and even recently downloaded s1 155gb encode from hdbits.org because it was freeleech but that doesn't change the fact brother mozoune and hamsterdam destroyed the internal and by extension external reality of the wire thus rendering it to at best, third place in any ranking of top shows.

That's it, plain and simple. It has it's moments but when you fuck up the writing by adding shit like that in then well, it's a fuck up and shouldn't be overlooked because muh sad niggers in poverty

no, but he was. He wasn't based on anyone real but Nation of Islam as a militant wing and their members are regularly arrested for violence so having one be a for hire enforcer to kill drug dealers is a pretty good choice, but you're just spouting autistic tho.

They all deal with it like he did, by melting down and eventually being killed by their enemies. But for every 20 minutes of mob greatness we have to deal with 40 minutes of tony's shitty family and his stupid sessions with gun in her panties cocaine in the toilet.

but those are both heavily based on real life things.

brother mouzone - nation of islam enforcers have always been willing to kill dumb niggers if they get paid.

hamsterdam - that shit really happened

stop being a complete lying, trolling faggot, please.

>dude what if like we added in a speccy tubby guy in a bowtie who is also super smart and ruthless oh btw he's from the nation of islam and like he's super militant so he pulls of sickk headshots so EVERYONE is scared of him
>yep sounds good, we gonna put that in with the rest of the characters grounded in reality which is why the show is getting rave reviews?
>yeah what could go wrong
>completly mising the point
>the wire season 3 being the lowest rated along with s5
>hamsterdam was good
your typical the wire fan folks

brother mozoune wasn't even that out there. There are plenty of brothers who dress and act like that. He got fucked up by Omar anyway.

And shit like hamastardam has happened in real life. show was never about muh sad niggers in poverty. If you took away from that, then you watched the show with blinders on. Race was never at the forefront. Many times black characters are portrayed as the reason for their suffering. You're just deriding the show because it has black people in it.

This right here is what The Wire is about.

You criticize the Wire for lacking internal logic consistency, but you're willing to look past the Wire's poor arcs like Bobby's Ziti and Vito's Gay Adventure?

the sopranos had it's own universe whereas the wire was all about present day baltimore
nigger you really think a show about one fictional MOB BOSS MILLIONAIRE has to follow the same rules as the wire?
take some writing classes
you cannot compare a fucking show about a city that exists to a show about a fictional character

OP=BTFO

This

>i'm too stupid to understand nuance.

ftfy.

kikes

The lie detector scene is funnier than anything Sopranos ever did.

don't forget this
youtube.com/watch?v=6SO40ansNU8

The Sopranos is great. But so is the Wire.

wew, I didn't even realise they were the same actor

>ill just keeping posting the same shit over and over that will show them.

Jesus fucking Christ what a retard. Also Oz came years before Sopranos.

Hamsterdam is literally based on the actual idea that the mayor of Baltimore tried to push through decades ago and doesn't really differ from places like Christiania too much.

>Sub human white devil posting on Sup Forums and not Sup Forums
When will they learn?

Personally, I got hooked with The Wire since the first season and I'm currently on S04E12, while I'm still stuck with the beginning of the second season of Sopranos. Both are the best TV shows I've ever seen no doubt, but every time I watch The Wire and then go watch Sopranos I feel like I'm watching an inferior thing,

>he still can't fathom the idea that my problem with brother mouzoune is that he was a mary sue and not that he was in the nation of islam
top kek

Why do they all look so stupid?

>Mary Sue
>got BTFO by Omar

youtube.com/watch?v=m5Pb8MHIy2s

You literally said that him wearing a bowtie is nonsensical which just proves that you are a fucking idiot and have absolutely no idea of what you're talking about.

Where's Wallace?

t. pleb

a mary sue can only get beaten by another mary sue as per standard writing conventions and omar was the biggest mary sue in the show

if you want more nonsenical shit though looks talk about DUDE EPIC BADASS OMAR WITH A SCAR AND A SHOTTY IS GAY WOAH
>despite one of them being a super nigger who wears a bow tie
>despite one of them being a super nigger
>despite being one of them super
yeah feel free to focus on one part of my original post because you lack the ability to infer from context or from outright statements

he appeared in like 7 episodes, there was no much time to flesh him out. there was no much focus on him, too, so that might give you the illusion of him being a bad character. he was more of a plot device than a character in itself.

yeah in 7 episodes of an 11 episode series is nothing dude it's not like he was in half the episodes or something wtf why can't that dude just continue sucking off the wire like me and my liberal friends??

>the sopranos literally invented the tv formula every show follows now
not true

youtube.com/watch?v=tFkWPNJAy14

Really m8

youtube.com/watch?v=l8nfkK80oN8

most of his appearances were in season 2 you turbo faggot, and in season 3 he literally only killed stringer with omar and became useless to the plot

What was the problem with the ziti?

>not enjoying both pretty much equally
come on my boys, you argue for the sake of arguing

You've never actually watched The Wire have you?

I'll never understand people who obsess over gritty drama shows about cops and criminals, they're fucking boring

ANTI
ITALIAN
DISCRIMINATION

The point is that they were stereotypes ranting about italians being stereotyped. Bravo Chase

>pre-tied bowties

no class

t. barbarus

The Wire is loved by people attempting to virtue signal by being deeply invested in the just-so stories of why black culture is shit.

The Sopranos is loved by people who are honest with themselves and others.

Great point but nobody cares because you're a faggot

You seem to care apparently

I just think it's odd that "realistic" gritty shows seem to be put on a pedestal compared to other genres. You look at what people consider to be the "greatest TV shows" and it's overwhelmingly that kind of shit.

Making an edgy crime series is the television equivalent of Oscar-bait

The Wire is the best show about issues. The Sopranos is the best show about people.

You like Marvel don't you?

DC is better Tbh

not particularly, why?

ur a fag bro

stop, I'm blushing

>talking about characters and emotions
>there's never ANY love for Six Feet Under

Come on.

youtube.com/watch?v=oi-rvruy70M