What is the first album that you listened to because of Sup Forums that you really loved?

What is the first album that you listened to because of Sup Forums that you really loved?

the first thing I can think of

Science Fiction

Hounds of Love

the potato

Fuck, are you me?

modern baseball sports but everyone seems to hate them now

What else could it be?

American Football

From years ago, this. Then I took a long break from here and I think the first one that I listened to since I came back last year was Get To Heaven by Everything Everything.

maybe

Same, not a single day in 3 years has passed where I haven't listened to this album. I need help.

The Downward Spiral

hmm, i discovered most of my stuff via Last.fm
Maybe pic related? i was big on 90s indie/alt rock so slowcore shouldn't have been on mu radar.

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeah

Literally the most Reddit song of this decade. Pic related.

spiderland

Red wire, right temple!

This

this

Yep, came here to post this

lvl up or pinegrove

This and Is This It were the first two albums I listened to from Sup Forums and really loved

First album that pulled me out of my teen metal head phase.

>What else could it be?
a better album.

Now I'm remembering the days that people on Sup Forums would actually recommend this band. Good times

My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy. Now it's my favorite album!

sorry

Hell yeah

Either Talking Heads 77 or something by Zappa

this album got me into Sup Forums

I must have been 14 or 15. This album opened up my eyes as to what music was capable of.

The Dreaming and then Hounds of Love. Hit me like a ton of bricks and I had no idea I'd like something like them. Probs my all time faves now.

Holy fuck I love 77 so much. Favorite Head's album by far.

why is it pathetic? Before coming to Sup Forums around 13 I only knew of normie music. You were listening to Merzbow at 11 or what?

it's not pathetic at all desu

Still waiting to find one. Granted, I didn't start browsing Sup Forums until I was 27 and almost all of my favorite music I discovered between the ages of 18-23. I've pretty much given up on discovering anything here and mostly come here to shitpost.

you're gonna be just like everyone else's lame dad that still only listens to the same albums you were into in college. don't be that guy.

Does't help that they decided to release the shit that is AM

Still good.

Yeezus.

I was already interested as I liked MBDTF and 808's, but Yeezus was on a whole other level for me and got me into kanye as a whole (and made me check out all his stuff).

Still In my top 5.

this when it came out

Goo

Same here

go back there

ex military. when it dropped I was 15 and Sup Forums was shilling it hard. gave it a listen didnt get the hype then listened to it more and it clicked. help with expanding my music taste from just shitty asking alexandria and attack attack fuck that fag shit

I’m thinking of aim and ignite. But that’s probably not right.

I really really like this album unironically. I know its kinda normie core now but damn if I wont scream jesus christ when king of carrot flowers is on

This.

Entry to Sup Forums album. Good starting point.

IT'S IN THE TREES
IT'S COMING

It’s a new experience. At first glance, it’s a bunch of what the fuck Kanye. This is your follow up you MBDTF? But after a few months it grew on me, and is a classic.

i copped this on one of the sharethreads a while back. only 3 songs though

Future Islands - On The Water. One of my favorite albums and bands to this day. Seems like ages ago.
Few others I can remember:
The Antlers - Hospice
The Dodos - Visiter
Beirut - The Rip Tide

Indirectly this because my brother was on mu before me, but if we're talking directly, probably this

Does it take like years to 'click'? I gave it another go a few days ago and I could barely finish just a couple songs.
I seriously wonder if it's a big big board ruse sometimes

I would've said Pom Pom but I actually found that originally by browsing Twitter of all places

someone posted this in a sharethread about 5 years ago, i always find my self coming back to it. really nice

not too sure if I like Garson or Tomita more though

It should click instantly
Listen more for Jeff's emotion and songwriting than the actual music
The music itself is good but nothing super special

Probably this

this album has started to grow off me as time's gone by but this was the album to introduce me to amazing new music

Oh I see. Well I like the musical content for sure but it's so hyped around that I guess I'm looking for much more and it's disappointing. But I'll try that, thanks

Honestly I'm in the minority but I loved it on first listen.

Which is odd, because 9/10 of my favorite albums have taken time to grow on me (and into my favorites) and it's probably the most "challenging" of all my favorites at that.