Teach me some interesting stuff about this Region

I know the basics; you guys are basically in a Arab-Berber identity crisis and you make couscous. I want some spicy trivia, always loved this place.

We're next to it and don't know a shit about them

>speak arabic
>are mainly berber
>allah is their god
>not the kebab place, that's more to the east
>morocco has a king
>frenchs were there for something
>hmmmmm

that's it

Morocco is the country with the oldest diplomatic relations with America
America and Sweden had the barbary wars in the early 1800s. We fought present day Morocco, Algeria, and Tunisia in these wars.
Fast forward to the cold war
Most Arab countries are sucking off the USSR
Morocco stays loyal to the U.S.
Western Sahara starts chimping out. USSR starts funding them. U.S. starts funding Morocco.
A proxy war that officially never occured, (both U.S. and USSR deny funding them to some extent)

Morocco is a bit of an ass nation though. Their king is despotic af and imprisons people who don't like what he does (correct me if I'm wrong). Western Sahara is a bit commie though, so good on them for fighting it.

hmmmm
more than 500 k american and german died in tunisia campaign in wwII
also unlike many think the arabs are very small minority this is tunisia example it's similar in algeria and morocco

Moroccans have access to free university education AFAIK, but I don't know how many idiots choose memedegrees like religious studies.

They also sell marijuana, like, a fucking lot.

Most of them are pretty tsundere about France, they refuse to join the Organisation of French-speaking nations because of muh colonialism, yet they are among the countries that have the highest proficiency of French outside of France.

allahu akbar and piracy

Religious studies is not a meme degree, especially if you plan on living in an ultra religious nation like Morocco.

hmm
what are you talking about? only algeria isn't in it

Probably because of their independence war, it was pretty brutal

yes
they are still waiting for french apology

Most of maghreb people come from arab tribes, berbers are just butthurt mountain-niggers

guess
who
ghassan or tn/alg
uwu

People in Western Sahara speak Spanish

That protest took place in Spain though
Plus Spanish (along with french and english) are taught all over Morocco not just the areas France/Spain colonized

Wrong.

Is French becoming a less popular language in the region?

>"ultra religious"

It used to be taught since second grade up to university level but now they're bumping it down to first grade, its still very important since all education past highschool is in it.
English is also getting more attention it used to be taught at 9th grade and up, now its 7th.
So basically english is gaining importance and relevancy but its still ways behind french, at least for the time being.

is Algeria safe to visit?

Just stay away from the south where that french tourist wa kidnapped, its not as secure as the north because its a desert and its vast.

you live in fucking brazil pretty much any country on earth would be an upgrade in terms of safety

Thanks, i'll be in Portugal next summer and seriously thinking on visit Algeria

Yes, thats actually truth...

Where in Algeria

Argel and maybe the Atlas Mountains
Do you recommend me another place?

I was just wondering, can't make a suggestions because I don't know much about Algeria's tourist attractions, you should ask an algerian.

Thanks, and lots of people likes Morocco here, one of the most famous soap operas of all time is passed in Morocco most of the episodes, so we kind know somethings about the country

Why don't you guy's stop the monarchy.

You're welcome friend
I know about that soap opera I've never watched it though, soap operas taking place in Brasil were also very famous here when I was growing up and everyone watched them now though they've been driven out of the market by stuff made in Turkey

Because its tied with the country's culture and religion, there would have to be a remake of the french revolution in Morocco for us to get rid of the monarchy

Cucked by Arabs , they became them

people who look down on Arabs constantly, despite being literally same thing lol

Do Moroccans actually care about western sahara

according to other arabs they speak a mix of arab and french and are hated by arabs from levant
they are also the most criminal subhumans in this shithole country

actually a mix on many other languages
it's based mainly on berebr arab and have french turk and italien in it it's called derja

Watched a documentary about Moulay Ismaïl the other day, pretty interesting tbqh

I just know they like to kiss white ass a lot and like to pretend they're not Arab or Muslim
No one here really thinks about them but all we know is that they practice a lot of magic aredark and ugly and fight with ISIS
people dont actually know berbers exist most just think of the maghreb as distant arabs
in the gulf they think about them a lot and think theyre yemenis that emigrated to north africa before islam and shiet

shh
why Jordanians have to be this uneducated

lol their king is half white lol omfg xdd le reddit meme ahahah

Frenchmen were there to stop the berbers from constantly pillaging Europe, and now regressives want to make it seem like France and Europe is at fault.

> they like to kiss white ass
> only countries to actually fight the white man for independence and win
Why are Jordanians such niggers

99% no one talks about it until someone says its not Moroccan then we all chimp out

why are most of the europes terrorist from that region?

Because that's where most of europe's muslim migrants are from.
Most of Russia's muslim immigrants are central asian and caucasian and so most of its terrorists are from thise two regions as well
And most of the usa's muslim immigrants are from the middle east and so most of its terrorists are from there as well