What can baseball do to help its popularity?

What can baseball do to help its popularity?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cEcHZAXSBzc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Allow those hunk players to fuck each other in their tight asses that we are teased by when they wear those tight pants :p

1. An expansion team in Mexico City

2. An expansion team in Montreal

relegation system
mixed teams women and men
giant sausages instead of bats

>expos
didn't really work out desu. Should go to Vancouver instead

Hazards in the field
>oh he hit the punji stick trap again, thats sure to land him on the 30-day DL

>a hit to deep left field
>the fielder may have a play on it at the warning track
>oh my lord he was devoured by velociraptor
>that may turn into a in the park home run Joe

Stop pitchers from fucking delaying the pitch by throwing it to first 10 times

Just wait till CTEball finally pushes the normies away. Probably someone will die on the field and everybody will be in shock. Or the players finally strike which will ruin the sport.

Basically just bide your time. American Football will become a niche sport eventually.

To take on the NFL?

Nothing.

Still the 2nd most popular sport in the US, though.

Basketball players are popular, not necessarily the sport.

>Mexico Shitty
>highest elevated metropolis in the world makes Coors Field look like a non-meme
>gory cartel stabbings during playoff games
>implying American baseball players/anyone wants to live in a 3rd world country
>drug money getting laundered through baseball contracts
>3,000 nautical miles from the closest other baseball park

sounds absolutely disastrous to be quite desu, so disastrous they will probably do it

Get rid of everything that Manfred did.

Then hold a home run derby with him duct taped to a pole in the outfield.

every home run should be worth 6 points instead of 1, followed by attempting to kick a baseball into a soccer net for 1 additional extra point

also the season should be shortened to 16 games and the playoff turned into single elimination, because championships decided based on skill and continued performance instead of luck and avoiding injuries at the wrong time is "boring"

ftfy

>shorten the season (doesn't have to be drastic, but 162 games is a looot)
>enforce the pitch clock
>put limits on mound visits, batters calling time, and other delays-of-game
>allow players to show emotion
>something like NFL Films: baseball has so many great stories to tell
>base-running relay with the fastest players in each league during the All-Star Break
>embrace streaming and online platforms (MLB.tv was ahead of the curve in that sense, but baseball can't rely on cable and TV ad revenue forever)
>bring back TWIB cause it was so fun: highlights + mic'd up + stories/player profiles (let them show their personality without the egocentric shit in the NFL/NBA) + off-field shenanigans

MULTIBALL

instead of intentional bean balls, make the players duel with bats

ESPN is that you?

Blurnsball

1. Promotion and Relegation
2. Allowing draws after 12th inning like NPB does
3. Playoffs structured on 4 match series (two home two away) with aggregate scoring and point away rule

gay, gay, and gay

I think those are legit ways baseball can become more popular, as OP asked
though I kind of like the low-key feel of baseball in relation to other pro sports atm, much less bullshit/drama/forced narratives
but simultaneously I don't want my favourite sport to die (which itself is exaggerated)

this baseball is the GOAT fuck off trying to change it

impossible and gay
slightly gay but still gay
incredibly gay

Major League Pesäpallo when?

>aluminum bats
We're not getting our fair share of CTEs.

Kek.

Cricket innings structure

>shorten the season
I think one of the pros of baseball is that you can watch it every day and don't have to work your schedule around it to watch the majority of games. I don't think the calendar-length has too much of an affect.
>enforce the pitch clock
My biggest problem with the pitch clock: Do pickoffs reset the clock? Yes: pitchers can just lob the ball to first to reset the clock. No: no one will ever throw to first and leadoffs will be ridiculous.
>allow players to show emotion
I can't remember the last time a player got a league fine for a celebration. It's all in baseball culture.
>base-running relay
I want to see professional ballplayers play Running Bases/Pickle
>embrace streaming and online platforms
They are showing games on Twitter now. That helps a lot.

Pro/Reg would be cool, seeing teams like the Louisville Bats advance to the bigs, but it would require a fundamental overhaul of professional baseball. You can't have AL/NL, all PDCs would have to be desolved, and many MLB teams will have to sell the minor league teams they own. I'm also not sure how a draft would work: Does the Rookie-level team in Great Falls, Montana get the first overall pick?

you would have to completely dismantle farm systems
how would teams develop players? does everyone have a 40-player limit and you work within that? youth academies like in soccer? no draft - everyone is signed out of HS/college/whatever Dominican slum they were scouted in? how would every single team even maintain adequate scouting?

but I agree that it's a cool idea (mfw my Vancouver Canadians make it to AAA)

Hired more African Americans.
White cucks love them and every sport that's 90 person african american is the most watched, simultaneously.

If it that doesn't work. Show us an umperi's view every pitch. Or maybe do multi cam.

New age autism requires many cuts to keep the attention of the masses.

>T. Dominican

Manfred has mentioned a 154-game season. yea, not much of an effect, but it would make a 3-game wildcard possible.

I agree that the nuances of pitch clocks would have to be ironed out. same with mound visits: what if a pitcher is hurt but you've maxed your visits-per-inning/pitcher?

and yea, it's a cultural thing, but I do think it's changing. hence guys like Harper doing what they do, Latinos and their gold chains, Stanton mock-showboating on that pitchers who did the same sincerely on a flyout, or even players doing little half-bat-flips or throw-downs after big hits
I do respect baseball's humility, but I hate to see adults repress their emotions on national television.

>New age autism requires many cuts to keep the attention of the masses.
I remember like 10 years back they were putting cameras 20 feet in front of home plate n the ground. It was a shit view, but I wonder what happened to that.

to build on this.
Create artificial narratives.
Football has the "White leader" meme. With the quarterbacks.
Basketball is all about idol culture, which some hyper cuck whites fall for. "Muh king" "muh greatest player MJ" "Muh white mamba" "muh dunks"

Baseball is a more chill sport, so that I'll leave to the jews to come up with. I think more emphasis on pitching would be great. Because it's really entertaining if you're rooting for the pitcher. So create fake stats to create narratives about pitching, like how basketball fans talk about points made in a game but like 50 percent is just free throws because everything is a foul in that game.

Maybe it was too jarring. Or maybe Baseball has been a sport that is more powerfully associated with old folks and the grounded camera shots has never really resonated with them.

I think perspective(camera angles) is a key issue with how people associated as a boring sports. And if it's presented nicely, it would do wonders. To the hyper gratification masses that we have today.

Baseball should be the reigning sport. It feels old school and fair and reasonable. And non facetious.

Basketball and football were a mistake.

Please prepare to say why I'm retarded for this post

I think the biggest positive about baseball is also its biggest negative when it comes to popularity: that it's a regional vs a national sport

the NFL and NBA are the two most popular leagues in america (which sucks because the NBA is absolutely reprehensible) because of their national appeal, and they have that appeal by taking advantage of two different areas

NFL's national appeal comes from every game mattering

NBA's national appeal comes from the fact that NBA fans follow players instead of teams because the league is driven by tabloid media and promoting players not teams

Baseball basically just doesn't have anything to take advantage of nationally. Their season is so long that you are literally expected to not have to follow the sport closely, and there is absolutely no point in watching teams that aren't yours play. Because baseball is this weird sport where it's both a ton of 1v1 matchups but also a huge team sport, there aren't many players to really promote to appeal to a national fanbase. Fans just watch their own teams and don't care about others

I just don't think there';s really a way to make it "more popular" nationally

Start letting guys roid out again. Baseball was based when everyone was juicing.

You aren't wrong about that. MLB's national ratings aren't too great, but their local ratings are sky high. Attendance is also a non-issue for most teams.

Pitching is probably the easiest to create Idols from.
Baseball is one meme stat away from being the most watched.
Create some facetious stat for pitching. Have the pitchers have a strong personality that represents the team. and then have the rest of the feed off from that.

Make everything a foul or something.

11th inning dinger off.

i was gonna bring up pitchers, but then there's the fact that pitchers pitch what, two times a week?

see, even the players who could become stars have something negating their influence

and they need to bring back the coke
the good stuff

Part of the game faggot, go watch soccer

Baseball also has the oldest viewers. In terms of raw numbers they are fine, but they aren't exactly drawing in young fans who will care about the sport in 15-20 years.

Fuck off dominican. Nobody gives a shit about you aside from baseball and some spices

Expand to the carribean

>baketball

Why do you think it's not popular? Because it's boring
youtube.com/watch?v=cEcHZAXSBzc
Boring-ness is in the DNA of baseball. There is nothing you can do about it.
It will slowly decline into oblivion, and this is a good thing.

This or bigger bats/aluminum bats or some shit, millenials cant make it past 3 scoreless innings

>baseball
>this triggers the frenchman

wasted trips

baseball is a game not a team sport

Baseball doesn't market it's individual stars at all. Think back to Ken Griffey and Randy Johnson and the like. They just assume since they have great attendance figures now that they don't need to market stars in a sports culture obsessed with stars. It's silly.

expand to switzerland and play in european times so i can watch more games

go indians!

Pink balls for breast cancer awareness week, paint the whole outfield in camouflage for that salute to the army thing and have more fly overs.

Kek. This is good

>paint the whole outfield in camouflag
But then you couldn't see it.

True. I dont think ive ever watched a complete Padres or Twin games in my life and if I'm quite honest i dont care. Those are closely followed by Seattle and Brewers.

I think its mostly because I dont know any players on those teams that would bring me interest in watching. Hell i dont think i even know who even is on those teams.

Its kinda hard to keep up with whats going on on each team and before every game they give you only like a 3 min update of whats going on and leaves a lot of online research to be done which is a lot of hassle for teams i dont give a fuck about.

So yeah, in short I agree with your post.

this. please. An MLB team in Puerto Rico would be huge . That would make it more accessible for people from the other islands to come and watch and we will finally take over the sport and every player will finally be latino.

On vacation from Toronto lad?

Your women will get ANGLO'D.

they should have fights like in ice hockey, would absolutely make the sport more interesting

I don't think you understand what a regional sport means. It means its only popular in a certain region, like Hockey in the North. Baseball is a national sport because its popular everywhere, noted by its high attendence in every region.

Permanently finish

t. rest of world