It's pretty, it's atmospheric, it's decently acted. I want to like it, but I just just can't

It's pretty, it's atmospheric, it's decently acted. I want to like it, but I just just can't.

Had to watch it in an english class, on an old vhs..

Totally ruined the experience for me, had to watch it again on my own.. But it wasn't the same

I really have mixed feelings about blade runner, I get this feeling people only like it for muh tears in le rain, and you know what, besides that and the opening scene, all I fucking remember.

I saw the final cut btw, maybe a 6/10, idk I think it's just a wee bit overrated
>you don't get it
I do though

I have tried many times to watch it in full but I just can't, it's so slow and boring. It's gorgeous and cool as fuck looking but it's so boring.

>parroting Jays twitter opinions

sad!

Hated it the first time I watched it, watched it again and paid attention and loved it, different strokes I guess
God help you if you found it boring though, not sure how you're supposed to appreciate anything above action flicks if that's the case

Same here. Gorgeous movie, atmospheric, art design as amazing, but for the life of me I cannot actually truly enjoy it.I can recognize its merits, they just don't do anything for me, but they should. I wish I could see it in a proper cinema, on a big screen with amazing sound, really get engrossed in it. Watching it at home just doesn't seem to do the experience justice. I feel like that goes for many movies, to be honest.

Its not really great when you realize that the whole story would be interesting from Batty's perspective, considering everything enjoyable from the film involved Batty and his motivations. Decker is ridiculously boring, and perhaps this was the point, but holy fuck if I have to listen to another one of Harrison Ford's phoned-in monologues in the new film...

I think reading the book beforehand helps. It sets the theme so that even the moody scenes are just filled with so much introspection.

>boring
confirmed too pleb to enjoy things. it's definitely not for you

Only problem was that I was waiting the entire movie for the police station scene, and it never came.

I never read the book and it wasn't necessary. The philosophical aspect is very straight forward and every moment where the music plays but "nothing happens" is meant to keep the theme of introspection which deckard feels throughout the entire story. That's what I thought anyways.

I recommend watching it half awake and intoxicated in whatever form you prefer, this never fails to immerse me and after it is over i remember why its one of my favorites

same I always get so fucking bored at the end

book is nothing like the movie, so I don't get how that should help

I found Ghost in the Shell interesting the whole time, even the "boring" interlude in the middle with the static shots of the city. Watching Deckerd be depressed just isn't as interesting as watching Major, I guess

>hurr I need to be on drugs to enjoy things

Kill yourself.

Jay doesn't like Blade Runner? Why the fuck do I watch that shit channel???

Honestly you need to be intoxicated to enjoy any scenes that includes Rachel. Sean Young's acting is so fucking bad its not even ironic (in the sense that her stilted emotions make sense for Rachel since she's an unsociable replicant)

I have watched it a ton of times completely sober and iam not one of those pepole who thinks drugs always improves a movie but with this one it really does make a difference in my opinion

That's because you're all a bunch of kids. I saw it back in the day around the time of its release when I was a wee lad, and I fucking loved it. Saw Dune around the same time not long after it's release and I loved that one too. Post the The Next Generation and the 90's, everything is probably shittier to you lot. As a very young child I loved that gum shoe noire type private Eye shtick. I loved Magnum P.I. and Jake and the Fatman.

anyone else liked it the first time but could get through half of it the second time?

Honestly, watching the documentary was more enjoyable than watching the film

I love this film, Torn between whether the Workprint or Final Cut as the best version, either way everytime I watch this it's like I'm out of this world.

Actually I just really love the Vangelis score.

I never said boring, read my fucking post, that's not why I didn't like it faggot, I'm >you don't like it cause you're
what the fuck does that even mean? The same shit movie came out years ago, the same shit movie was released on DVD when I saw it, fuck off gramps, take the nostalgia glasses off and black w a dick

it's a bit too cg and bright if you ask me, hope they dim it and add more fog when they finish the cg

>You don't like it because you're kids!
>I first watched this as a kid and loved it!
???

yeah its like they shot it on the surface of the sun

That's ok dude, Bladerunner isn't for everyone.

It's not for everyone, and I fully understand people not liking it.

I saw at 15 after loving Alien. I wanted to see more of his work, but I turned it off halfway through.

I watched again years later by myself with a glass of bourbon, and the balcony door open to let some Fall weather in. It was a fucking experience for me and I fell in love for it.

I dig the characters, the story, the setting, and the is he or is he not a Replicant theory for Deckard.

I say he is, and his memories are implanted from Gaff(Olmos). That's why Gaff is somewhat aggressive towards him at first, becuase he can no longer do the job becuase of his limp.

lol, Blade Runner love doesn't come easy. It's not easy to digest sci fi

Yeah, I'm personally convinced there's a right and a wrong time to watch certain films.

I'm surprised at how many Ridley Scott movies I've seen so far, I think he's the only director where I accidentally watched 80% of his movies just because they happened to be movies everyone remembers.

Still pissed about Exodus though, I honestly don't know what to make of it.

I've yet to see it. I've heard good and bad things from friends.

the best visual design in the world and a great soundtrack doesn't save it from being a boring ass movie.

that said who's doing the soundtrack for the new one?

Incredibly atmospheric, stunning visuals, great soundtrack, fell in love with Rachel, and just a comfy movie overall.