The final battle in Rogue One was arguably the only good part of the film...

The final battle in Rogue One was arguably the only good part of the film, so why didn't Disney let the director make a full war movie like he originally planned to?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MjYm31aTHaI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Because it would have been too "dark".

But how would we shoehorn C3PO and R2D2 into it?

It pretty much was a fun war movie from when they crash on Eada
which coincidentally is when it starts to mimic Halo Reach a lot

i havnt played through reach but ive heard good things. how is it similar?

fuck off /vg

all the good guys die by the end but they manage to complete the objective so the other good guys can escape in their ship at the end

From what I understand, the third act the final battle was the most affected by reshoots. So who really knows what his original movie was

A squad of elite dudes face overwhelming odds and die off over the course of the story including the main character.
Also tells the story of a minute fact of the first film/game (death star plans coming to the rebels/Pillar of Autumn escaping Reach)

cool. do you guys consider it a ripoff? or was it different enough to enjoy for you?

Idiot, Gilroy changed the ENDING in rewrites and reshoots

The original cut would have been shit

I love that kind of nihilistic story so no, I enjoyed both.
The DLC ending to Mass Effect 3 where the galaxy doesn't stop the Reapers is my canon ending
also fuck ME3

>people hated the retarded ME3 choices so much Bioware made a DLC where you can refuse all of them and doom the whole galaxy
ayy lmao

Because critics pissed themselves over Episode VII even though it was the most safe and bland thing ever. Disney's stategy of making everything bland and safe was reinforced, they're not going to allow a gritty war movie into their family franchise.

>Family franchise
>Literally every single main character dies

youtube.com/watch?v=MjYm31aTHaI
it's the best ending and has the most feels with the time capsule playing a last message.
It's also set up heavily across the game, there's little bits spread here and there that make the fight seem increasingly futile. The canon 3 endings were just bad writing and they should have stuck to their guns.

Have you seen the movie? It's incredibly risky for a "family friendly film series".

>It's incredibly risky
Haha, really? Characters dying heroically makes it super dark, right?

Its not that it makes it super dark, but your heroes dying one by one is hardly family friendly

>nuking a city
>Rebel shown as extremist terrorists
>Vader slicing and dicing while grown men shit themselves in fear
>A robot goes out like a scene from Robocop

the scenes of the aftermath of the Death Star single hit on Jeddha were actually quite terrifying to me

when you blow the entire planet, there's no sense of impending doom, but the slow rolling effect of the single reactor hit made it terror

If I wanted to see a war film I'd go see Hacksaw Ridge

no ones Forcing you to see anything

but you want to see Rogue One

and you want to see it a second time also

Hacksaw ridge doesn't have spaceships though.

It's a cool thing that Rogue One is what it is and that it isn't even bad.

There are not that many good space war movies around.

>Help us! Anakin Skywalker in full costume as Darth Vader is killing us!

How did they know?