Why is nobody talking about bladerunner 2049? Am I the only one who is hyped?

why is nobody talking about bladerunner 2049? Am I the only one who is hyped?

youtube.com/watch?v=S_JAMRKzEHs

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-DSVDcw6iW8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>I dislike that actor
>scott is a hack
>muh subtle reboot
>fuk u

nice quads, if you want to talk about a film however you are better off going to redit where actually discussions occur, this board is just pol 2.0 now

scott is not hack yet, give him a chance, also goose is perfect

There's nothing of substance in the trailer

they don't even call it a trailer or teaser, just an "Annoucement"

There's literally nothing to discuss. 50% of it is an orange fog, 25% of it is a nondescript rainy street, and the rest is Harrison Ford with a pistol. What is there to say? "Oh wow guys, there are replicants and blade runners in this movie?"

underwhelming advertisement tbqh

>Am I the only one who is hyped?

yes.

>Vangelis isn't doing the score

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

there's already 4 versions. Why not one more?

>tired ass looking harrison ford
>gosling
>stealing the look of blade runner and being satisfied that's enough to make fans happy

I'M JACKED TO THE TITS

I actually find Goose to be pretty based. I always end up enjoying the movies he choses.
I'm really fucking excited to see what this movie will bring, and how involved Harrison will be
hopefully alot

>Scott is not hack yet
He's completely fallen apart in recent years. Pure paint-by-numbers.

This.

Thought this was a shot from Macbeth, just got through watching it, holy tits that dialogue went over my head.

pretty much this 2bh family members of Sup Forums

cos we've been fooled many times b4 lad

there's been 10 fucking threads today you mongoloid fuck

They'll almost certainly fuck it up. Prometheus didn't teach you anything?

i'm gettin real sick of this nostalgia shit

What the fuck wasn't Deckard a replicant?

>literally nothing to discuss
>describes the entire trailer

Trailer looks like shit

>Gosling

fucking why

Riddley Scott is proving to be a hack

>Sup Forums are like any other poster
>theyre either a cunnyposter or a redditor
>if theyre a cunnyposter theyre not my problem

what did he m ean by this?

This looks like utter garbage

it looks too clean and the aesthetic of the gritty and dirty dystopian future is wrong.

this is why villevenue should never direct movies, he makes the same clean ass nice aesthetic movie each time. blade runner was an ugly movie to look at it, that's fine.

Its not really stealing if Ridley is producing.

But yes Harrison Ford is fucking terrible. Based when young, but he's literally out to ruin everything he was ever in out of bitterness, boredom, and depression.

But I am hyped. There's still nothing to go on but who's in it, and that's a great set of people so far.

>>Vangelis isn't doing the score

JUST

NO, YOU'RE A REPLICANT

>LITERALLY MADE BY THE SAME 3 PEOPLE THAT MADE PRISONERS, AKA THE PUREST KINO OF THIS CENTURY

GET
FUCKING
HYPE
MOTY 2017 CONFIRMED

ALL I WANTED WAS A PEPSI

That was nice how they did the release date.

I'm sad that Harrison Ford is in this. He's not a very good actor, and I'd rather they just use the backdrop of Blade Runner's world and use Ryan Gosling to tell a new story that we can use to examine what it means to be human (again).

yeah I just watched Macbeth too, it was late so I had to split it over 2 days, I couldnt focus on the dialogue.

yeah, thats probably why goose is there, seeing as hes a new blade runner and deckard is obviously hiding

Your pic is the same meme cinematography used in films like Macbeth and Mad Max. Only Reddit/Sup Forums plebs will fawn over this.

>meme cinematography

this isn't a thing.

>why is nobody talking about bladerunner 2049?

Most are at Sup Forums after all that shit went down, I was distracted too

>Roger Deakins
>meme cinematography
I'm laughing.

>prisoners
>enemy
>sicario
>arrival

this man can simply do no harm

Why this shot reminds me of Stalker?

Because its the same shit as TFA right down to the harrison ford reveal

HOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL OPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

YOU BE SAYING DECKARD AINT NO REPLICANT? SHEEEEEEEEIT

He's truly a blight on this film, I don't expect much good with him in it.

>Ryan Gosling
Yeah fuck that.

Ford could star in an ISIS training video and it would still make millions.

>Xavier Dolan
>Denis Villeneuve
>Jean-Marc Vallée who revived Matthew McConaughey's career
>All from Quebec

Can French Canadians save this dying industry?

>why is nobody talking about bladerunner 2049? Am I the only one who is hyped?
Based on the teaser, I am the opposite of hyped. They replaced all the magic and dreaminess of the original with slick, clean production styles and a hyper-modern sensibility. It's the exact opposite of what I want it to be. It reminds me of Prometheus. You are going to watch Blade Runner 2049 and be so mehhh'd by it. Take my word for it.

Because its going to be like the total recall remake

They haven't hired any shills yet. If it's anything like with the Star Wars films there'll be plenty of chatter about it soon enough.

too early to judge but it does look like they stripped back the noir-cyberpunk element completely.

that was the entire point of the movie. It embodied that aesthetic.

I had to take a quick break too, the Shakespeare English is bad enough, but mumbled too, the final fight is pure art though.

I'm with you, dude. I LOVE bladerunner. But this trailer did nothing for me. It had that foggy city look, yet nothing looked damp and wet like the original. The original looked like a real place, shitty and horrible. The new trailer looked plastic. The desert area looked the part, but nothing looked dusty. It was an empty trailer.

looks kino. i wish it wasn't the driver though. whenever I see him I'm just too aware that it's ryan gosling. it's distracting

To be honest a Blade Runner sequel taking place outside of the city seems like a great premise. We've seen how the city is, Blade Runner is all she wrote about a cyberpunk city on film. Now how have the people outside the city been affected by the future?

I'm down for that too. Wish they didn't try to ape the look of the first one so poorly with cgi

Yeah bring back old harrison so he can pass the job to another character who is probably going to play a younger version of himself in an attemp to soft reboot the franchise a la Star Wars.
Make a diferent story? NO fuck that!

I sincerely can't wait for Blade Runner: Descendant and of course Blade Runner 2125

It won't be bad. But it will be nowhere near the masterpiece that the original is.

yup anything more would just be conjecture really

GOSLING: Why are you defending them? It's our job as Blade Runners™

FORD: Kid, I've seen things. You wouldn't believe the things I've seen. I've seen Replicants act more human than even a human himself. They're just like us, just trying to live.

Jesus christ Raimi.

>Old harrison ford

FUCKING

DROPPED

>complain about new sequels that are the same as their older entries (TFA)
>also complain about new sequels that aren't the same as their older entries

Fuck off.
This dude knows how to score a movie, and I'm glad it won't be exactly the same as the original BR.

I'm getting tired of seeing Harrison Ford reprise roles from movies he did in the 80s.

He's an frumpy, grumpy old man now. I'm fucking tired of seeing his iconic roles from classic movies decades ago get ruined by forcing us to see the characters when they're now ancient. It's not satisfying. It wasn't good in Indiana Jones 4. It wasn't good in The Force Awakens. It won't be good with Blade Runner 2049

>Director of Arrival and Sicario
>Objectively based Deakins
>The Goose
>Harrison Ford
>Johaan Johaansen or whatever that guy's name is on music

As long as the script is good this will be fucking überkino

>oh no a sequel to a movie has the same character that the original movie had
That's almost literally the definition of a sequel, lad

Don't forget Jared Leto and Robin Wright. This thing is stacked - in front of AND behind the camera.

This is going to be good. fact.

TFA is objectively awful but please don't immediately lump this in with that. It's a sequel. Of course Deckard will be in it. Stop using phrases like "soft reboot the franchise" when there's only been one other movie in this "franchise" lol

>Deckard isn't dead
triggered

All of those movies are boring.

The locations look too clean also.

>Jared Leto
Is he going to play the latest model of psycho replicant? I'm beginning to fear he will be typecast and be the new Johnny Depp. Guy's got a lot of talent, hopefully he will play something unique.

>Director literally hasn't made a bad movie
>Deakins shooting a dystopian future
>Goose playing an autistic detective
>Leto obviously playing a perfectly gorgeous replicant

How is it possible to not be completely and totally excited by this

So who's the lead woman here?

Blade Runner was boring.

Please be CGI perfect 10/10 Sean Young. Damn she was fucking fine in that movie.

>boring

what is wrong with you "people"?

Did you see Macbeth 2013?

I wrote a paper on it.

Its good.

>someone actually believes this
Deakins is objectively based. You have no argument here.

Vangelis has to be dead by now, right?

>director literally hasn't made a bad movie
uh

But it is fucking boring. The only thing it has going for it is the overall atmosphere/tone/feeling, which is great, some of the best.

That's not the point. Bringing Ford on means baggage from an already said and done with story. This would be heaps more interesting without Ford.

Since it's set in 2049 does this confirm that Decker is human, since replicants only live a few years?

No he isn't. Don't even say that.

I got a signed copy of Rosetta, it's the closest I'll ever be to the master himself.

lol what a weak teaser, gonna be shit

So you like action. That's fine.

Just don't pretend that that's a fault of those movies. I honestly don't see how you could find Enemy to be boring unless you went into it expecting some bullshit thriller. Its interesting story telling, and fucking fantastic music and filming for tone.

Only the Nexus 6 model does. Deckard is most likely an older model without the expiration date.

Why is Harrison Ford in this movie looking old as hell? I thought the old film implied that he is an android(origami unicorn).

Are they pulling that Terminator Genysis shit where his synthetic skins are getting loose?

>Harrison Ford with a pistol
Yeah, but it's a GOAT pistol

>There's nothing of substance in the trailer

Good. That's how it should be.

Then why does he look old? Robots don't age, senpai

>two triggers

It would be Sean Old to match Harrison F' Old

>already said and done with story
Am I being trolled or do you literally not understand what a sequel is

>tfw liked blade runner story because he human comes across androids that act and live in ways more human than him/the people he interacts with/lives among
>abandons his role as bladerunner when he falls in love with one
>Scott changes the movie in his cut to make the main character explicity a replicant. Going as far to even reject the concept of it being up to the viewer to make the decision for himself
>any discussion that rejects this revisionist directing is shot down by spoonfed retards online/irl
>pretty much fall out of love with the entire movie/concept
>Deckard confirmed human in the trailer

i don't even care anymore. Fuck Ridley Scott.

old harrison makes movies terrible anyway.

do you think hes a replicant or a real human being?

>implying Deckard couldn't be a cyborg or something

The name makes it sound like a retro wave band, I like it.

>senile scott
>embarrassing hack director
>gosling sucks
>ford washed-up
>no vangelis
it's trash

>Scott changes the movie in his cut to make the main character explicity a replicant
no, it isn't explicit. it is the very definition of implicit.

Mother fucker do you not get that people would rather have another story in the same universe than the one with Ford? In his old age he's a terrible actor, always was really. He can add NOTHING to this film. Stop dancing around the issue.

>Real human being
Gosling's involvement in this is pottery.
youtube.com/watch?v=-DSVDcw6iW8

>THE cyberpunk movie

>screentime wasted in a fucking desert

Yeah, fuck off.

Because back in the day, propmasters had the awesome job of turning aesthetic real guns into even more aesthetic sci-fi guns, and for some reason Harrison Ford got the best of them.

>getting excited for another shitty reboot/sequel