Ubisoft thought that they could just start a production company like Marvel did

Ubisoft thought that they could just start a production company like Marvel did

They don't understand that Marvel's company was built around an accomplished film producer who was a fan of the properties and had already successfully adapted them for other companies. Ubisoft wanted the big bucks without the hard work and development of talent.

Instead, they commissioned a turd of a script, and of course didn't have anyone with the experience to tell a good script from bad. Then they let Fassbender, who didn't give two shits about the franchise outside of thinking it sounded like The Matrix, turn their Iron Man wannabe into his personal vanity project as a first-time producer

Blunder Of The Year. At least BvS didn't kill a studio.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ubisoft_Motion_Pictures
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Interdasting

This is actually JUST as fuck, on so many levels

>Here's a manual to help you use the animus.
>A manual? Just tell me what I need to know.
>What, you have a problem with reading?
>Assassin's don't read...Assassin's Creed.

Jesus Christ Raimi

I HURT MYSELF TODAY

I live seeing ubisoft fail

>Vidya adaptation
when will they learn

They should do Fallout next

Also they forgot to make the film, like, good.

my girlfriend came running into my computer room on the weekend.
>hey user isn't that game you're playing called assassins creed
>yep
>dey making movie you want to go see!?!?
>I don't like most of the story stuff, I just like pretending I'm a pirate
>ohh okay user
just kidding as if i have a grillfriend

>JUST

Jesus Christ, Disney haven't had any mercy this year killing all that try to compete with them

That's not funny. If they fail we won't get anymore Rayman games or Beyond Good and Evil 2. I mean aside from that fuck em, though.

>still is still a
And why should I trust this website's consensus on anything?

hyperbole or is this really the history behind the movie

It looks good though

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ubisoft_Motion_Pictures

You re mistaken. BvS was a 10/10 film

>They don't understand that Marvel's company was built around an accomplished film producer who was a fan of the properties and had already successfully adapted them for other companies.

Serious question, what do you think that's what marvel's secret to financial (if not artistic) successes has been?

Especially in light of all the other attempts at movie franchises that crashed and burned in recent years?

I mean their property is well known but so is DC, and look at the mess they created.

Hell look at Fox's Marvel movies. They were at best a crapshoot.

They made a good movie and suddenly everyone became a marvel fan.

But seriously, the crossover thing got people excited. Building a cinematic universe was something new at the time. Adding Nick Fury at the end was an afterthought for them but as it turns out paid back immensely.

DC fails because they're always trying to catch up. Just like in the 60's with the comics.

>they made a good movie and suddenly everyone became a marvel fan.

Marvel was hardly unknown at the time, but the movies had a mix reception.

But yeah after iron man however pre-much everything's been consistently well received.

It's honestly amazing. The able to make multiple movies are year without any sign of fatigue or lack of interest from the general audience. Even Star Trek and Star Wars doesn't have that degree of brand loyalty.

>They don't understand that Marvel's company was built around an accomplished film producer who was a fan of the properties and had already successfully adapted them for other companies.
>built around an accomplished film producer who was a fan of the properties
This is not true. The history of the MCU is long and complex.
Marvel had already wanted to jump into the world of film as early as the 80s, and really only took the initiative in 90s after the huge success that was Batman '89 which showed studios that superhero films could bring in large numbers at the box office. However, due to a lot of incompetence on their part and financial difficulties they were forced to sell off their properties to a number of different studios, which resulted in a lot of pretty terrible movies, and others which never saw the light of day.
Marvel's company (I assume you mean Marvel Studios) wasn't built around anything, it was conceived at a time of complete chaos, and only after Avi Arad brought success to the franchises. That's when Marvel Studios began scrambling to rebuy all of their properties back for the MCU.
You're quite the fool to think "Marvel" just sat down one day and decided to shit out the MCU and it was all sunshines and rainbows for them.

>film producer who was a fan of the properties and had already successfully adapted them
I assume you're talking about Kevin Feige here, in which case you're also wrong about this. Kevin Feige worked under Avid Arad as an associate producer in the early years of Marvel, and his contributions to the success of the company at such stages are completely irrelevant.
What Feige really did do well (beginning with iron man) is understand the modern day audience and thus understood how to market super hero movies to those who otherwise didn't really care much for them. Which is what the MCU is really built around.

Be that as it may, it really only emphasizes my point that Ubisoft tried to skip the rite of passage of learning how to actually develop films (by letting other people do the hard work and potentially failing- Prince of Persia with Disney being their only attempt at this) and cultivating talent such as Arad.

They're amateurs playing in the big leagues and they are now finished with their very first film.

>What Feige really did do well (beginning with iron man) is understand the modern day audience and thus understood how to market super hero movies to those who otherwise didn't really care much for them. Which is what the MCU is really built around.

Okay well what is it is the winning formular to flog a super hero movie and What is stopping Hollywood from doing it with a pirates, zombies, ghostbusters ect?

Karma for UPlay.

Joylessly over-plotted slog

Wow, they described the video games perfectly and weren't even reviewing them!

>Assassins creed fucked up so now no Ghost Recon film
>no Splinter Cell film

God fucking damn it, Ubisoft really does ruin everything.

Fuck Jewbisoft. I hope all their projects flop.

Naturally everything Ubisoft touches is garbage. I can't believe people here actually thought this would be good.

>I don't like most of the story stuff, I just like pretending I'm a pirate
Fucking everybody seems to think this way. The whole AC brand identity is garbage.

no Ghost Recon film
>no Splinter Cell film

play the games. There's your movie, and it even has a cool interactive section where you shoot people.

>boasting about marvel films
back to plebbit

> it even has a cool interactive section where you shoot people

>he doesn't do no-kill runs

Wow, could you be anymore of a faggy cancer-ridden subhuman pleb-lord? Jesus.

This.
Why even play supreme tactical espionage action experience simulation if you're just gonna blast in and shoot everything.

He's part of the Cawaduty crowd.

>hating on one of the most iconic tactical shooters
>and one of the most iconic stealth games

Literally kill yourself.

>watch dogs

oh dear god Ubisoft stop

What's with the influx of tripfag virginal manchildren?

J U S T S U J
U
S
T S U J U S T

What's with the influx of homosexual fedora atheists who get triggered by video games?

>its a Sup Forumsedditor thread
fuck off

>goes into a thread about a movie based on a video game

>gets triggered by video games

Again, literally kill yourself.

thank fuck you idiots use trips
byebye

>he's a safespace user
le upboat

WHERE'S THE GTA CINEMATIC UNIVERSE ROCKSTAR

It's called GTA and it doesn't need shitty adaptations.

So video games come from God, now? Fuck, it's worse than I thought.

Lmao, I can see I was right on the money. You lot really are predictable.

Funfact: It's because atheists are the most pretentious losers around and feel the need to constantly mock others. It was an educated guess.

>MY MEDIUM IS BETTER THAN YOUR MEDIUM

Literal-child-tier.

You don't see people on /lit/ calling movies trash.

Does God send you messages through the video games?

>You don't see people on /lit/ calling movies trash.

Do you own a blu ray copy of The Life Aquatic?

I hope this ruins ubisoft, what a shitty company. They deserve bankrupcy for their buisness practices

OKAY, barring aside the obvious "the book was better" meme, you don't see them saying that ALL cinema is garbage.

A lot of people on /lit/ all agree that JAWS was a better movie than a book.

True. For the people, if you enjoy a medium over the other then let it be, I bet you have your reasons to do so

Some people prefer videogames because they are more entertaining and dynamic, others think watching a good film is more fullfilling

in the end there's sometjing for everyone

>20 years later
>Mortal Kombat is still the only decent vidya adaptation
How'd they do it?