Old 5x5 thread is kill. Discuss Music

Old 5x5 thread is kill. Discuss Music

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WPN5Wma-6Ww
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

++twin peaks, opn

good taste I'd say

Nice Emperor, what's that Nekromantheon album? The cover looks interesting.

nice Injury Reserve
Primus is great

blackened thrash
really fun and interesting album

++John Maus
+Arca and Pere Ubu

++Sun Kil Moon, pom pom, Xiu Xiu, Aphex Twin, Zappa, CSH, OPN
-Control System

Stellar taste dude, what would you say to be your favorite of these? also been meaning to check out Neon Indian, is he good? I got even more interested when I heard he recorded an album in my country

+Lemon Jelly, Primus

+++98.12.28
+Arca

What do you think of 98.12.28? First time listening?

++Electric Wizard
+Bolt Thrower

+Emperor and Mayhem

Haven't listened to the new Prurient album. Isn't it long as hell?

yea
irs good though

Of the ones you mentioned, probably OPN's Garden of Delete, that's definitely my favorite album of his, it has such a unique and idiosyncratic sound. But of the whole list I really like Prurient's Frozen Niagra Falls, it's a seriously incredible album, super chilly sounding with these big walls of noise that break through the cold synths that carry the melody. And yes I'd definitely recommend Neon Indian, I like all three of his albums, probably in the order of Vega Int. Night School as #1, then Psychic Chasms, then Era Extrana. Very much worth checking out.

Very long yea but still very good in my opinion. I was playing 7 Days to Die once while listening to it and it made the game actually good and tense, and that's a pretty big accomplishment in itself.

rec me stuff fellas

++durutti coloumns, maus, fishmans
+beefhart
+stars of the lid, primus, lemon jelly

If you like Nine Inch Nails or industrial in general, check out 3TEETH, especially their s/t.

Penguin Cafe Orchestra - Music from the Penguin Cafe
Shinki Chen - s/t.
Archers of Loaf - Vee Vee

Ride - Nowhere
Ty Segall - Ty Segall
Jay Reatard - Watch Me Fall

+Big Black
Have you listened to their other material, because there's some great shit there. Atomizer especially.

beastwars - blood becomes fire
white rainbow - sky drips drifts
+electric wizard, ramleh, bolt thrower, HANL, prurient
aluk todolo - s/t
skullflower - form destroyer
stoneburner - life drawing
space bong - deadwood to worms

Yeah, I have. Great stuff. Albini's sound is unique as fuck.

Patrician taste
+HANL, Afterlives, Primitive Man, Chelsea Wolfe
The guitar tones he pulled off are crazy. Apparently he made metal guitar picks himself to pull of his sound.

Afterlives - A Ticking Clock I Couldn't Stop
++John Maus
Jordaan Mason & The Horse Museum - Divorce Lawyers I Shaved My Head
+++++Afterlives
Planning For Burial - Leaving

+John Maus (can tell you're a big fan), Duster
Are you looking forward to the rerecording of Twin Fantasy?

tfw not intelligent enough to enjoy john maus

I don't usually listen to this much John Maus, but I'm hyping myself up for seeing him live in 9 days. And yeah, the rerecording made me wanna go back and listen to the original. So far I don't really like BLID, and I like the instrumentation of NYI, but not his vocL delivery or the changed lyrics

Tfw not intelligent enough to enjoy Bjork, Cocteau Twins, or Nico (besides Desertshore)
++++Hosianna Mantra, Jordaan Mason
Glad u have Mantra Songs on there. That's my favorite one by them besides No Dictionary

What Bjork albums have you listened to? Definitely a great artist to get into but imo a lot of her albums are not good to start with.
Also big mood on the Japanese Breakfast

is soft sounds from another planet as good as psychopomp

I'm heading to his Seattle show as well, tickets were way cheaper than I'd anticipated. Matt Fishbeck opening was a pleasant surprise as well

Not OP but I think it's better.
+Nina Simone, Weezer

>Planning For Burial - Leaving
I've heard this before and it never really grabbed me, thanks though
ambersmoke - gloom tapestries

+mingus, mason, newsom, pram
+hanl
listen to Fever Ray S/T if you haven't
+built to spill, beach house, microphones
I haven't heard those sonic youth albums yet
you might like this:
youtube.com/watch?v=WPN5Wma-6Ww

Only Vespertine, Post, and Debut
I'm so excited. Bought my tickets the day the show was announced, and made all my friends get tickets too. Guess I'll see you there. I'll be the tall guy in an orange beanie
Just downloaded it last night. Thank u!

Only Debut, Post, and Vespertine. Was kinda bored with all of them, but will give her another chance someday. Hyperbalkad is an exceptional song, so I know there's something there
I'm so excited. Bought my ticket the day the show was announced, and made all my friends buy tickets too. I wonder if I know you somehow? If not it would be nice to. I don't have nearly enough music friends in Seattle
Downloaded it last night. Thank u. If u haven't heard it, check out The Angelic Process - Weighing Souls With Sand

I bought my tickets way too late but somehow wasn't sold out, I've never seen Maus before and watching his live shows on youtube is getting me hype. Haha I doubt it, just moved up to Bellingham from L.A so I have literally no friends here. I'll probably be wearing a Hardly Art shirt we should link up mayne

Also not sure if you're a fan of Chris Owens from Girls or not but I'm really excited after reading about him sometimes joining Matt fishbeck for sets every now and than. Here's to hoping

I'll be wearing an orange beanie with boognish on it, and a Planning For Burial shirt. Definitely say hi if you see me.
Honestly haven't heard of him, but I'll check him out!

Primus sucks

Metal album covers are ugly af but if it's what you dig then a+

Checc Kinoko Teikoku. Start with Eureka maybe

+Cocteau Twins

>If u haven't heard it, check out The Angelic Process - Weighing Souls With Sand
TAP is my favorite band. if you haven't checked out the rest of their discography it's well worth doing

+hrsta

no offense but don't you think it's time to retire the comedy records

bump

if you don't like flight of the conchords ya got zero taste

i don't have an opinion of them. just keep listening to dark island and you'll be fine

>just keep listening to dark island and you'll be fine
don't need your help user, I'm already doing fine

okay. if you think so :~)

only have a 3x3 this week