Why do we glamorize mafia criminals?

why do we glamorize mafia criminals?

Outlaws are interesting and endearing

this

we don't put them on the same pedestal as, say, a superhero or a war hero

I know the reason. But I won't tell you.

You should be more worried about the fact that you can't figure it out for yourself.

Nice to see someone reusing my OC. Gives me a boost of confidence that I make good jokes. Makes me think of giving my standup routine another shot. Thanks.

It's been like this forever. Living vicariously.

The gangster films we got in the 30s were purported by the government to make crime look bad. Instead it inadvertently romanticized it, and make it the best thing in the world to be.

Why do we glorifize insanity?

Because mafia criminals aren't niggers.

But I came up with your OC on my own.

Some people do, but why the pic of goodfellas? Goodfellas is like two hours of why the mob is populated by amoral backstabing psychopaths

>Come on HAVE A DRINK
>WHA WHA WHAT

Because we're white and they're "our" criminals.

Why do you want to live vicariously as a criminal. Are you, in your heart, a criminal?

Humans are edgy psychopaths naturally but our empathy keeps us in check.

Babby's first step outside of black and white morality.
They start seeing "bad" people capable of acting like normal human beings and it really makes them think about things.

>italians
>white

Pic unrelated, I assume? The Goodfellas is the most brutal takedown on glamorization of mafia there is.

>why do we
>we

Speak for yourself, Gianni Abandando

What was glamorized about them?

Mob life can have its perks, that's a fact of life, but it also has its dangers -- as we see with many people getting whacked.

Showing things how they are isn't necessarily glamorizing it.

I should ignore this.

But even you can understand how using force to get whatever you want including money, power, and of course woman is some kind of ultimate male fantasy.

>No Vito Corleone

Whiter than snowniggers

>why do we glamorize people who led glamorous lives?
hmmm...

Scorsese doesn't glamorize criminals.

The movies always show how empty and disappointing the life of crime is, especially when the law finally catches up with the criminals.

Humanizing and analyzing, with nuances, why and how criminals become criminals is not at all the same thing as glamorizing the life of crime.

They did whatever they wanted, whenever they wanted and however they wanted to do it. Same reason we idealize cowboys.

Because it showcases an uninhibited type of freedom most of us can identify with but don't live out in our own lives to the extent of mafia mooviez

>everyone ends up dead, in prison or in hiding

DROP THAT WOP

lol racism. so funny.

It just occurred to me that the Godfather is like a reverse watchmen