Who funded the empire?

The more star wars i watch, the more questions i have.

As the empire led an extravagant warfare, who paid for this?

The amount of ships, equipment, bases, recruiting and so on is so huge, who paid?

I would really like to read some star wars economic lore, both canon/non canon.

Other urls found in this thread:

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Alliance_to_Restore_the_Republic
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Galactic_Empire
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Galactic_Concordance
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Taxpayers you fucking retard

Taxes?

Palpatine also took many loans from the Banking Clan.

The Rothschilds

Taxes and slave labor

Better question is who funded the rebels?

mexico

The better question is who funded the Rebels?
They had a lot of big ships for a bunch of lowly resistance fighters.

Better question, how did Putin become a billionaire?

The (((Banking Clan))).

Like, anyone who didn't like the Empire, which were a lot of people.

I would guess private rich dudes who wanted no part in the war but hated the empire?

>steal all of khodorkovsky's money
>throw him in jail
>profit

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Alliance_to_Restore_the_Republic
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Galactic_Empire

You don't actually care, user. If you did, you'd have easily found out. You just want to seem smart by pointing out what you think is a flaw, as if none of the hundreds of people who create Start Wars content thought of that. Read a goddamn book.

A number of wealthy benefactors within the Imperial Senate as well as individual systems providing their own support (Mon Calamari supplied ships for the Rebellion after they were freed)

the big 3 in the pre-Disney canon were Mon Mothma, Bail Organa, and Garm bel Iblis. Former two are still canon, dunno about the last guy.

Leia was a princess right? Royal families are normally rich, some of the money could've come from Alderaans tax payers or some shit

I dont think its a flaw but rather an interesting factor as i love the wide span of lore/story.

Also, what book? "Imperial economic growth and studies for dummies"?

30% of Republicans like this man because their candidate sucks Putin's cock. This country is going to shit.

If the Empire capture said infrastructure, they would easily find out who supplied it to the Rebels, and they would fuck their shit up.

The Star Wars universe is almost certainly one of ridiculous patents and obscene product diversity. There is no homogeneity in anything in that stupid universe, which means you can trace anything back to its source with almost no problem even in a bureaucratic hellhole such as the Galactic Empire.

I have no fucking idea how the Rebels overthrew the Empire. Maybe they explain that shit in Episode 7 but there is no way that simply blowing up two Death Stars and killing the Emperor is enough when there are still massive fleets of Star Destroyers able to maintain order.

The russians.

Daily reminder that the people of the galaxy supported the Empire.

Rebels are violent scum.

Palpatine controlled the fundings of the banking clan in the Clone Wars series.
But also as a Sith he pretty much oppressed any weaker race to do his bidding. When you have that much fear over other and power who really needs money?

An obscure huttese warlord named Dschordsch S'or'os

what do you think the Last Order is?

it's literally the remnants of the Empire that held shit down even after Sheev got killed

Yeah, because the US government knows about the how every dime on Earth is spent at any given moment. Also it's fucking politics. Just because you know someone is funding insurgents doesn't mean you can touch them. The Empire didn't have absolute power. That's why they wanted the Death Star so bad.

>Why did the empire collapse into civil war and ruin when the emperor died?
That has happened countless times in history.

fucking last order

The Imperial Remnant didn't finally surrender to the New Republic until 19 ABY. It took almost fifteen years after killing Palpatine to finally gain decisive victory.

It's the First Order, assuming you're talking about the Imperial splinter group from TFA.

in New Canon the Empire surrenders unconditionally in 4 ABY

Darth Vader net worth? Real estate and material goods included

Wait, really? Where was that stated?

>Imperial Splinter Group
>Somehow have the resources and knowledge to construct a Death Star the size of a planet that blows up whole solar systems

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Galactic_Concordance

I'm more curious as to how two (2) (II) Sith lords are capable of having so much control of the Empire where an entire Jedi order couldn't do shit during the Republic era. Do they just have an effective force influence aura or some shit? You'd think someone within the Empire would have used a flame-thrower on their asses already.

Damn. That doesn't seem nearly as cool.

Its space hitler, he also remained during very tense years, pretty obscure that he didnt get stürmgewehred earlier

I have questioned this as well... i mean, a death star construction, maintenance, regular personal, all that probably costs a fucking fortune and all the employees are technically public employees and military.

Every time one of those things blow up it costs the empire millions of credits. There is surely insurance company issues for each trooper that gets killed and tons of law suits for labor accidents to think about too.

AND despise all that the senate approved to take debt for not one but 2 like minded projects.

I don't care how many planets they can destroy with each shot (BTW, the energy bill is probably pretty step too) it's just not viable once it's been proved that rebel scum can easily destroy them.

I mean, sure, first time one could argue there was no coverage for space wizards but come on, once regular pilots smash the toy they should stop.

Space Saudis.

Wasn't Dooku supposed to be mega-rich?

Insuring the death star would be a pain in the ass

>I'm more curious as to how two (2) (II) Sith lords are capable of having so much control of the Empire where an entire Jedi order couldn't do shit

There was no "jedi fleet" or galactic police force until the start of the clone wars.

Outer rim planets were ruled by gamblers and even inner core worlds were at the mercy of banking and trade guilds who provided their own security.

Each planet had their own self defense force and did fuck all if their neighboring planet was invaded. The senate would talk and talk and talk, and if things gotbad a jedi or two were sent out to mediate.

In the imperial era they had a massive number of ships and a single star destroyer could pacify an entire planet.

Sith at the head of the fleet were there just to ensure zero tolerance for failure and to ensure loyalty and control to prevent a coup.

"ruled by gangsters", not gamblers that should say.

Slavery was openly practiced.

I'm sure the insurance company that insured the death star went bankrupt when it blew up. I wonder what happened to the stock market and economy afterwards.

The whole reason Palps became emperor was because he engineered a galactic war (in secret, duh) then bribed enough people in the Senate to make it shit and said if they have him emergency powers he could cut through the bullshit and end the war. Now he has control of the entire galactic military industrial complex

The US Government certainly knows how every dime is spent. They just don't want to admit that some of it is spent on frivolous bullshit or contractors that charge too much fucking money.

I was on a job that was (over)charging the government $200,000 to change some windows. Once the windows were cut and we were ready to install them, some dipshit comes over and says they're the wrong size even though they were cut exactly what we were told to do. Turns out, they changed the plans half way through and didn't tell us. So we charged them another $200,000 to fix their fuck up and they were perfectly okay with it.

You think we're going to raise a stink in public that the government just burned $200,000 over NOTHING? Fuck no, we're going to keep getting those sweet contracts.

Nobody is going to blow the whistle on it because they're profiting on it. My entire municipal council is a corrupt pile of motherfuckers who are essentially contracting all the city jobs to their friends.

The audits come out crystal clear because internally the accountants don't give a shit and it's fucking impossible for outside auditors to smell conflict on interest unless the involved parties rat each other out. One of my mechanics traced a fucking box of screws to one of Hitler's car back to the factory and date to when it was produced, if he can do that, then government paperwork is a fucking joke.

It's not a matter of whether you can or not, they will drown you in paperwork, but you will find it. The problem is that corruption takes a lot of fucking effort nobody is willing to put in to find dirt. If you go sniffing around nobody is going to threaten your life or anything, they'll just tell you that you're wasting your fucking time. It's just easier to show that someone sent pictures of their dick to someone than trace the paperwork to show someone greased the palms of another guy.

I think he's referring to money spent in other countries.

Okay, that's fair. But the point is, these are fucking rebel bases, ships, equipment, giant pieces of fucking machinery.

There will be SOME sort of telltale signs of where it came from, some piece of software or hardware that will be traced to the supplier. We're not talking about tracing a shipment of spoons or even body armor. If the Empire looks at a Rebel ship and cannot immediately discern its origins, then it's fucking retarded. It's not like X-Wings are some artisan space dogfighter, some major infrastructure is needed to build that shit. You can't hide a shipyard (I know they hid the Death Star for a long fucking time).

How much would a star destroyer be in dollars?

>If the Empire looks at a Rebel ship and cannot immediately discern its origins, then it's fucking retarded.

Some of the ships in star wars are hundreds of years old. Others are "used" but not ancient, like the millennium falcon (90 years old). The falcon was stolen or sold/lost dozens of times and runs with multiple fake transponders.

Most rebel ships are refurbished freighters or old colony ships, and many are also stolen.

Pic related is a F250 truck from a plumbing company in Texas. When he traded it in it got sold to a company who sold it to another company who put it up for auction and it ended up in Turkey. It went missing in Turkey and re-appeared with an anti-aircraft gun mounted on the back in Syria.

The records go missing after it is sold a few times and then stolen a few times. The only way it was identifiable was because the plumber's logo was till on it.

Rebel ships work the same way.

They collected taxes from a literal galaxy of citizens.

For tax revenue, the Senate directly represented 24,372 systems that were wealthy enough to have a say in galactic affairs.

They all paid for the clone army and the imperial fleet that followed. At their peak power the imperial fleet had about 25,000 star destroyers so that is only one ship per system in the senate.

Wait so Vader didn't know Leia was his daughter until Return?

You realize that the war was started because of the trade federations anger at the republics taxation. The empire is the republic farther reaching than ever under strict military rule. Rogue one showed the empire taking a planets resources in massive numbers.

Starts with a J and rhymes with snooze.

>AND despise all that the senate approved to take debt for not one but 2 like minded projects.
By the time of Episode 6, the Senate had already been completely dissolved by Palpatine.

Hillary taught him her secret to trading cattle futures

Taxation and seizure of funds from rivals and opponents

A lot of the new canon books go into details but also look at TCW. A lot of the political plotlines was Palpaitine securing money from the banks and nationalizing institutions left and right. The Clovis arc goes into great detail about Star Wars banks until Anakin beats him to death.

You don't make a billion dollars trading cattle futures in just a few years faggot.

they take anything they want from the thousands of worlds they have conquered and will conquer, they have quite literally unlimited resources, funds, equipment, and manpower.

Soros, who do you think?

Asides from the funding, I also believe that a major inconvenience with the death star is its size.

Like look at that shit, it's probably the size of our moon. It would take like 3-4 days to go from one end to another, unless they have like light speed elevators

Sheev was the richest man in the galaxy.

Does Op not know how the real world works?

Don't think he knew it was Leia even then. Just that his daughter was alive somewhere. Then he was dead before he could work it out.

Leaving aside that it isn't as big as our moon, our PLANET can be flown all the way across in a day (well, half the planet, but you're only ever half a circumference away from anywhere).

The Rothschilds

>Homogeneity

It's pretty obvious that there are several planets that are famous for a certain model of ship. Mon Calamari cruisers were converted cruise liners and they have a very distinct modular bubble shit all over their ships. There's two variations you can see in the OT I believe.

Corellia also makes their light freighters (Millenium Falcon) and corvettes/gunships.

I always imagined that these ship brands are like Toyota or Caterpillar. Toyota cars may have originated in Japan, but they set up shop in other countries and have factories in those countries. If you were to commit a crime in a Toyota I wouldn't immediately connect it to Japan.

Who is to say that the owners of the Corellian Corvette brand simply didn't license the design to multiple shipyards and have no real affiliation with the Rebels?

Who was Grand Moff Tarkin's grandmother? I think that's the story that REALLY needs to be told

Galactic spanning Empire crumbles a year after RotJ.

Wow the new canon is shit. Like that doesn't even seem to be possible. Surely mobilizing their forces take some time as well as travelling all over the galaxy?

I can't think of a bigger fuckface than a starwars elitist