Sudden TFA Hate

Someone explain to me all the sudden TFA hate? And the praise of Rogue One over TFA despite being a borefest of a film with only fan service at the end being the only good part of the film?

I mean, wtf, TFA might not be a wholly original but at least the characters were likeable unlike R1 where the entire cast of heroes die and you barely shrugged.

>sudden

how new are you?

>sudden
Dude, the movie was hated here the day the first trailer dropped.

You're a newfag pleb that's why.

I hated TFA as I was watching it in the theater.

>Original trilogy was great
>wait 16 years
>Prequel trilogy sucked
>wait 10 years
>The Force Awakens was just okay, compared to the originals, but sooooo much better than the prequels
>Rogue One comes out, and it's even better than The Force Awakens
Take that, and multiply it by ten because everything on the internet is extreme and polarizing.

My theory
>People have a honeymoon period with a new film that left a good impression and overlook the flaws
>TFA is past the honeymoon period, RO is still in it
>Therefore they conclude TFA is bad in comparison to RO

Agreed. I liked Rey and Finn and was (and am) pretty interested in the Kylo Ren's character. I honestly couldn't give less of a fuck about all the shit characters. People love saying TFA was a fanservice wankfest, but that is just as true, if not moreso, with Rogue One. The difference being TFA has some redeeming qualities to it (and the fresh appeal of being the first new Star Wars in decades) whereas Rogue One is just a boring generic action movie aside from it.

Sup Forums is contrarian to a "t"

Why care for characters in R1 when none of them are in ANH? They made up entirely new characters for a prequel no one asked or cared for.

I'm not talking about just Sup Forums, I'm talking about the wider internet. (Everyone IRL I know said it bored the shit out of them and that vader quip was out of place.)

>being a borefest of a film with only fan service at the end being the only good part of the film?
That is literally TFA except there was no good parts of the film

>at least the characters were likeable unlike R1
Wrong again. None of the characters save maybe kylo were worth giving a shit about. The only reason people like Poe is him being a good pilot but that's it

Plus none of the hate is sudden. I thought it was bland, soulless, and nostalgia pandering when I saw it, it should've been fresh and new not tired and shit

>sudden
The first thing my friend said to me when we walked out of the theater was "that was fucking shit bro".

It's the Marvel cycle soon we'll have promo images for VIII and people will start frothing over it. R1 will come out on DVD and some wonder if it isn't as good as they first thought. Never mind the next one is just around the corner, get hype!
"I'm a star wars nut me! Going to see the new one four times this weekend because I read about someone who saw empire five hundred times haha"

"t" redditor

I'm just concerned about the people who think that this is actually a good film because "it's gritty".

Most people buy into the hype like any star wars movie, see episode 1. Then of course people realize that the movie they hyped up wasnt so good and has glaring flaws, maybe even terrible.

Course most people wouldnt want to admit they liked or defended pure shit, at least until someone else compiles the pure shit into an internet video they can reference. So basically its the internet catching up with the common sense most of us had when seeing tfa and thinking man that was garbage.

>marvel cycle

Yeah most of their films are at least watchable. Rogue One genuinely bored the fuck out of me while TFA was watchable.

you just parroted RLM's rogue one review almost word for word, fuck off faggot.

Suck my dick. I was posting threads about how shit R1 was before but all you faggots wanted to talk about white supremacy or sjw shit instead actual points of how shit the film was.

>Likeable
Are you serious? Fuck off.

>sudden

nigga most people on Sup Forums have been saying it was a garbage retelling of ANH since it first came out

no it isn't

>at least the characters were likeable

True, Chewie was still great.

Nah, I was lukewarm to TFA right away, and still am. Also, everyone knew Matrix Reloaded was a turd straight away, right?

R1 was much better and suddenly made it easier for us to be honest about TFA's flaws.

But don't worry, RLM hated R1 and now that they've confirmed their TFA love the tables will turn back the other way.

>R1 was much better

How?

>everyone knew Matrix Reloaded

But R1 has an 84 RT score and most of the positive reviews are from big reviewer sites (and a 65% metacritic score though)

My step father is a huge Star Wars fan. When he finished TFA in theaters the only thing he said is "Well it's better than the prequels". That's the problem, it shouldn't be just better than the prequels it should be much more. But still all things considered it was a good action movie.

>GLIB
>FACSIMILE

>How?
Pay attention next time and you'll see :^)

You're probably right. After I decided I really like R1 I was able to look at TFA's flaws a lot clearer. I'm sure after VIII comes out I'll do the same with R1.

So you don't have any points.

Seems like a pretty mixed reception to me. I just think it's funny so many people claim to love one and hate the other. I like them both even though I can say I somewhat prefer R1.

7 is such bland and bad film it made me reconsider whether the phantom menace was that shit

Turns out phantom menace is still the shittiest Star Wars movie still, but 7 is still shot at about everything it does

I laughed.

I've discussed/debated over TFA and R1 countless times in the last few days. But I don't like you so I won't indulge you

No one found it weird that Donnie Yen (though I liked what little of his characterisation he had) was basically there for kung fu in space? He serves no other purpose other than a vague connection to the force and that temple we never really learn anything about.

>I have nothing

He was only there to play to the Chinese market.

ALRIGHT FINE! YOU WANNA KNOW WHAT I THINK!?

Haha just kidding. I still don't like you

Ah. They still could have fit him better, he was like the one of the 3 good things about the film; kung fu jedi, the black droid and the director.

That darth vader quip was real fucking stupid.

Mostly because on launch we were smitten with nostalgia. It's not a bad film, but it's literally just The Nostalgia Awakens.

I watched Rogue One and it was fucking great. Not amazing, not movie of the year, but everything we want out of a Star Wars movie with nostalgia and easter eggs done right.

I then went on to watch TFA and it's just, well, none of it makes sense on it's own. The more you think about it, the more questions you have like - why is there a resistance? Why is the First Order a thing? Where did they get the time to make a super weapon larger than the Death Star and that functions on a completely different basis (read: an entirely different super weapon in every possible way, meaning it's a completely new invention with new manufacturing) without having an entire galaxy of resources at your disposal to build it.

When you combine that with Rey's lack of flaws and her instant mastery of The Force - it just kinda sucks ass.

When you go and watch Rogue One you are just like Holy shit was that actually Red Leader?

I knew I didn't like TFA as I was watching it. I wanted to like it though, I really did.

I was pretty pleased with R1 as I watched it and left feeling good about it.

Everyone who says R1 is good should have a spike shoved up their ass.

>TFA better then prequels

You fucked up right there.

You are objectively wrong.

The prequels didn't just COPY PASTE the OG sequels and pull "ANOTHER BIGGER DEATH STAR"

South Park came out and said it wasn't that great.

>I LIVE IN KUALA LAMPUR AND SHITPOST FOR 1 AMERICAN DOLLAR A DAY

poor cunt

Eveyone irl you know are retarded and have no real taste in cinema. I doubt you have any either

Friendly reminder that Attack of the Clones is a masterpiece.

A movie so derivative and by-the-numbers still outshining the prequels really says something about how badly Lucas fucked up.