Oh, look who hates fan service now. And yet they loved TFA

Oh, look who hates fan service now. And yet they loved TFA.

Fuckin hack frauds.

From the chest up Rich looks like he lost weight. But then you see him from the chest down.

>star wars: it ain't me edition
>spin off movie that doesn't add anything to the overral saga
>pure amplified things like in fanfics, all explosions are bigger, all fights are more violent etc etc

>the force awakens
>respect to the original saga, new characters that have room to grow, torches being passed to the new generation

uh... but south park said TFA sucked... right?

The difference being that TFA had good characters that you actually gave a fuck about instead of badly developed one-note secondary characters that are merely there to be a backdrop to all the shitty fan service and the HOLY SHIT SO EDGY ENDING THEY GOT ALL KILLED

>le rey is bad meme
Don't even bother

Star Wars is the new James Bond; the same thing over and over again that inexplicably fills those cinema seats
Star Wars should have been left in the 80s with Return of the Jedi, enough already

No, I said TFA sucked. And it was saturated with fan service.

I suspect TFA got a pass because it was the first competent Star Wars movie made within the last three decades, the same way the first Star Trek reboot was

Rogue One was more of the same in the terrible fanservice department and when we all started to realize that they were gonna milk this shit as dry as a they could. Plus, it's automatically less interesting because it's a prequel to a story we all already know the conclusion of with oc donut steel characters added in.

>characters
Inaccessible Mary Sue, cringy fat faced columbine shooter goth kid, ridiculous bug eyed old lady, kind of relatable funny black man. And oh yeah, gay Oscar Isaac.
Yeah, great fuckin characters you got there.

In their TFA review, they say the fan service was distracting.

But rogue one was worse than tfa

How long before RLM drones start parroting their opinions in Rogue One threads?

This, at least TFA had Han Solo dying, which was more shocking than literally all of Rogue One.

Fair assessment. I'll let them off the hook.

kylo is one of the best characters in the whole saga

My taint is a better character.

Not an argument

kys chris

They got their fill with TFA, what's the issue here?

Rich Evans is right in that Star Wars is actually very little, and trying to shoehorn an expanded universe onto the very basic story of the original trilogy might be missing the point of it (though really, I think by the time Jedi came out SW had become less a sci-fi/fantasy story and more of a license to sell toys.) Not that SW was ever high-brow cinema or anything, but I can see Rich Evans' point.

They didn't like it because it didn't have enough quips for them.

They're right to hate it, but they hate it for all the wrong reasons.

But it is, molymeme. My taint has personality. Sometimes it's happy, sometimes it's sad. Sometimes it gets too hairy and I shave it. My taint doesn't have misplaced angst for angst's sake, when my taint is angsty it's for very good and developed reasons.

this review did not make much sense they were grasping at straws

Retard alert.

RLM have literally never praised quips

>shit this movie was good, but people won't watch our star wars reviews if we don't shit on it for 60 minutes
>let's stretch out the negatives of the film to make it seem like a bad movie
>good idea jay

I hope you really believe this.

>whining about one dimensional characters
>Rey gets omitted from this criticism because I'm a mangina

Just kill yourself you fucking waste.

I'm sorry your self-insert character has a vagina. Rey had a fucking personality. Jyn was just cardboard.

10/10 review
Hit every note right

Anyone have a shot of Grandma Tarkin?

Yes Star Wars fags btfo. Funniest hitb in a long time.

>star wars: it ain't me edition
The second part of Rogue One is basically Apocalypse Now: in Space!

>Rey had a fucking personality.

Hah. 1/10

I always figured this is the main reason they seem to like TFA as much as they do.

You can tell they've backtracked on it a little bit when they mention it at other times compared to their original review though.

the second ford was confirmed to return, everyone knew solo would be killed. there was nothing shocking about it

But he's wrong. The Clone Wars television show went off the rails in Star Wars and was amazingly successful doing it. Some of the best episodes are the ones that detract from what you typically expect. It's the fandom that destroys the franchise. You have a massive galaxy filled with trillions of beings. There's no excuse not to tell new and exciting stories. Oh wait, the fans. They'll bitch and complain they didn't see Han Solo or the Millennium Falcon.

The second the movie was announced everyone knew the whole cast would die. there was nothing shocking about it

Name one story arc in the clonewars that could be a 2 hour feature film and doesn't feature anything related the main star wars plot and imagery.

They knew he wouldn't do as much action scenes but they didn't know he would die at the end.

Didn't they cool their feelings on TFA in one of the recent episodes? Or am I thinking of James?

>they
meaning the mouthbreathers in the general audience? ford had wanted solo to die for 30 years, and actual fans of star wars knew it

In the new episode they said it wasn't as good as they believed when they reviewed it.

There is LITERALLY nothing wrong with the CGI faces. They are only """uncanny valley""" because your brain knows they can't be real since those actors are dead/old

Prove me wrong (you can't)

rofl. jay unironically calls the marvel films "good"

Yeah, seems most reviewers are coming around on that film. Why did none of them feel that immediately, the blatancy of the "soft-reboot" and beat-for-beat storyline of New Hope. "Introducing Star Wars to a new generation" isn't an answer either, the Star Wars Machine hasn't stopped since Clone Wars, Genndy's Clone Wars. Since then it's been literally unending with new visual material.

You're still here? Do you do anything but post on Sup Forums all day? You're wasting your life man.

Battle of Umbara
Rookies
Battle of Kamino
Every last bounty hunter episode

Mike - Hes the leader of the bunch. You know him well. Hes finally back, to release a review. His Plinket reviews, they release in spurts, if you watch one, it's gonna make you laugh. He's bigger, fatter, and stronger too. He's the first member of the RLM crew.

Rich - This RLM members got style, so listen up dudes. He can change his laugh, to suit his mood. Hes quick witted when he needs to be. He can play a video game, or watch other people climb up trees. If you choose him, you'll not choose wrong. With a skip and a hop, hes one cool RLM.

Jack - He has no style, he has no grace. This RLM member has a funny face. He can act like a clown, when he needs too, and stream his Shitty games, just for you. Laugh to himself, just like a bamboo. This crazy guy, just digs this tune.

Jay - He's back again and about time too. And this time he's in the mood
He can observe really well with his beer buzz on. With his beard grown out, he's got one hot dong. He'll make you smile when he re:views and 80s movie. But shitposters beware 'cause he's after you.

Beard fat - Finally. He's here for you. It's the last member of the RLM crew. This guy is so fat, it isn't funny. He'll make a user cry out for mommy. Star in a review with relative ease, making enjoying RLM seem such a tease. He may be fat, he can't jump high, but this crew, is one of the Shitty guys.

I saw TFA 2 days ago on tv and it was better than I recalled. I still hate Rey and the writing for that movie, but it wasn't bad at all. Rogue One is just fucking bland.

Autism Speaks

Rogue One has great effects but it's more of a team effort with no main character.

>>respect to the original saga, new characters that have room to grow, torches being passed to the new generation

I like you. I report you last you funny man.

This review was fucking awful and their core criticisms made zero sense. The condemn it for not feeling enough like Star Wars, then bitch and moan about its lack of originality. Not to say they didn't make some valid points (too much fan service, underdeveloped characters and cg Tarkin/Leia), but I feel like they already made up their minds before even seeing the movie.

>not feeling enough like star wars

At the very least the props, set design were 100% spot on to the OT. Meanwhile in TFA you have Ipad ball 8, kanjiklub, white supremacist light saber

>Battle of Umbara

God, I want this so badly.

You star wars fan boys disgust me.

There's a lot of legit criticism for Rogue One but their review was fucking dumb.

plus the apple iTroopers. tfa looks like shit once they leave not-tatooine

Sorry for liking things. Rogue One is by no means a perfect movie, but I do think it's one of the better blockbusters of this year.

Fins the black guy and Reys the chick right? Can never rem,ember.

That's not saying much

Maybe not, but a man lost in the desert must take such water as he is offered, no matter who it comes from.

I honestly thought this one was acceptable because they were actually in a digital world in Tron. Any other movie it just looks weird.

Or you could just watch better movies.

Yeah, it was dumb because they disagreed with me. So dumb! Ugh!

But it's not time to listen.

>Ugh! My favourite youtube channel couldn't possibly be wrong about someting

Not when it comes to shitting on star wars. They were going easy on it.

DUDE JUST WATCH THE SAME MOVIES OVER AND OVER LMAO

I don't understand how you guys like these two movies. Both of them were terrible.

Internet what is?

Are you not aware how many fucking movies have been made and continue to be made constantly for the last hundred years?

TFA got a pass because it was a good movie despite all the fanservice, but it had slight SJW connotations so you all hate it. R1 was literally only fanservice.

Jay is right. Dangling a shiny object in front of cats: the movie.

Good thing the clone wars is the best thing to come out of star wars.

These guys are ducking retarded and have shit opinions.

>but it had slight SJW connotations so you all hate it.

What ever did you mean by this ?

I can't even tell when you autists are being ironic anymore.

any action movie that stars women or black people is SJW, how can you not know this?

>It's a "It's not fun" episode.

>rogue one should have been like ocean's eleven, but in space! with lots of funny, witty characters getting caught in humorous situations! more jokes! more FUN!
mike's lost his fucking mind. or his balls

Why is Mike so fucking obsessed with having a romance in everything?

Jessie left...

I think jay is gay he said he likes rey because she is charismatic and he wishes there were less of the space battle in Rogue one

Why are you sexless?

>torches being passed to the new generation
They didn't pass shit. They skipped over everything interesting. Luke Skywalker and Han Solo got raped hard.

Notice how both this board and /r/movies are shitting on these guys because they hated a movie they loved. This board has been completely overrun. It's dead, burn it to the ground.

The Force Awakens is still a beloved film. Don't pretend that critics are going to reassess the movie in order to fall in line with your view of it.

What was really weird is that after the prequel reviews and TFA review they suddenly mention "We're Star Trek guys!" like that somehow absolves them on recognizing shit from the movies. Plus trying to pull the SJW "only fat white bearded guys like it" shit when they're 2/3 fat white bearded guys.

It was the same thing with the Star Trek reboots. You get the first movie to be unoriginal and have references everywhere, just set everything up to get people interested, then next time be creative and original.

TFA was not good. Well made, sure, but not good. It wasn't prequel bad, at least.

TFA worked as a fucking movie. Like if someone had never seen Star Wars before and you showed them The Force Awakens and Rogue One, 9/10 times they're going to prefer the well-paced film with the fun characters and cute robot than the gritty war movie full of references to stuff you don't know about and random CGI human characters for whatever reason.

TFA felt like a fun 80s movie both narratively and aesthetically. Rogue One felt like a forgettable action movie made in the mid 2010s.

>liked tfa
>hated this movie

The worst part about Rogue One is that it is completely unnecessary. Did anyone give a single shit about how the Death Star plans were stolen? Nope. Because it didn't matter how. What next, a movie about how Anakin became Darth Vader? Oh...

>fun characters
Finn was the only good character

Finn was the only character with any sort of development or arch.

People actually watch these autists?

Rey also had a arc, although it was functionally identical to Finn's. Both were reluctant protagonists

>tv absolutely blown out by logical argument
>f-fuckin hack frauds!
o i am laffin

TFA was the absolute definition of a good movie. Its flaws are only relevant when critiqued in relation to Episode IV. If TFA was your first Star Wars movie, then you'd love it.

Reminder that Poe originally died in the TIE crash but JJ thought it would be hella epic for kidz if he miraculously teleported away and came back. I hope they flesh Poe out in the next movie so I can have even more precious storytime stolen from Mark Hamill.

>in relation to Episode IV
More like the entire trilogy.