Fuck you all.... I liked this movie, much better than the Mary Sue Awakens New Hope remake people like for some reason...

Fuck you all.... I liked this movie, much better than the Mary Sue Awakens New Hope remake people like for some reason. This is how Star Wars should be.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Kc2kFk5M9x4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Nobody cares about your opinion. We don't need more SW threads so think before you post next time please.

just got back

didn't care about any of the characters at all whatsoever
good special effects
Probably the most pointless main character in any movie ever made, it seemed like what's his name could have done everything by himself really, the entire point of her character was that she could get an in with Forest Whitaker but beyond that she's completely secondary to the plot

youtube.com/watch?v=Kc2kFk5M9x4

Rick likes it so

Of course it is

No one in this movie was some goody 2 shoes who learned the force out of no where, and it wasn't afraid to kill characters
>inb4 someone acts like Han Solos death means something

OT > R1 > 3 > 7 = 2 > 1

I'm will argue that Rogue One had stronger characters. Sure, they were incredibly cliche and had little nuance, but we were fed information about the five leading characters effectively and I cared about them. Contrast this to Rey and Finn of TFA, who are basically cardboard cutouts re-enacting a version of Episode IV where the characters don't have depth or flaws.

>dat stupid master switch shit
>80s tape drive library storage system

Fuck you. I'm going to post a new one, just because I dont like you.

HAHAAH the writers hate you and you still paid them

ahahaha

s tape drive library storage system

seriously what the fuck

they can build a moon-sized spaceship that destroys planets but they're still on cassette disk storage?

Fist movie that felt like it took place in the same universe as the OT films. Wish the characters had been a little more developed but it's the dirty dozen of Star Wars, it is what it is.

Anyone else think that the scene with Galen dying in Jyn's arms felt really cliche? Shit annoyed me they should have had Galen die in some other way.

First 1hr of the movie, I actually went to sleep. This movie did not have to be made.

That wasn't Galen. That was Cassian.

My main issue with the girl was the scebe where she wrecks the stormtroopers with her staff. Not because "muh sjw propaganda", but because it feels out of place.
Jyn who's our this extendable staff out of nowhere, it's never seen before this scene and it's never seen after, and she uses it to completely destroy stormtroopers, her staff fighting skills are never seen before and then are never seen again. The whole scene pretty muchthe exists to mirror the Rey Finn scene in TFA. It's completely pointless and doesn't tell us anything we don't already know.

>scebe
*Scene

The shit the US military still uses eould blow your fucking mind

This is how star wars should be but the rest will be family films.

I'm talking about that scene in the rain when Galen dies from a Rebel bomb. Maybe Jyn's dad didn't "die in her arms" but you know what I mean.

>This is how Star Wars should be
wrong faggot the OT was never like this so your fanfic can go up your asshole!

yea it was cliche as fuck.... i really liked the movie as i was watching it but browsing Sup Forums after makes me think it actually sucked. Yea it was pretty bad, like a 5/10 raised to a 7/10 by the last 10 min

There were times that I felt like I was watching a tv movie. It was a huge mistake having that scene with Dark Vadar earlier in the movie. Also does anyone else hate how black men are only used as aliens / villains etc. I mean you have forrest Whittaker and the best you can do is some Jabba the Hutt style outlaw? Movie would have done better with some cultural diversity, Kumar is a good start- but really Hollywood is flawed and the only cure is a diverse population of actors. Does anyone else agree or disagree?

At least I remembered the names of TFA characters.
All of these niggers were boring and forgettable. I'm glad they all died

The movie was truely unnecessary
This movie is based simply off one line in the one the originals "alot of good rebels died for this info" (or something like that)
Had no reason to have any attachment to any of the characters
I "liked" the fact in the originals the death star blew up planets instantly but in this it creates the slowest explosion in the universe
There was probably only two good scenes in this movie
Darth Vader ripping through shit
and the hammer head vessel or what it was called.

They had names? Seriously I couldn't remember a single one the moment I stepped out of the theater. Some of the characters had """depth""" but the movie did a poor job of selling it to me through cliches like "my parents r ded" "ur not the only one who is suffered".

I get the feeling that I was supposed to care when they realized they were running out of screentime and tried to kill off the characters ASAP, but I really didn't.

Shill.
V>IV>VI>VII>RO>III>I>II

>calls me a shill
>ranks 7 shit that high
Sad!

>I'm will argue that Rogue One had stronger characters
not even bother to keep reading.

I'd rather have a Mary sue over a literally who.

Than your opinion is literally shit

>another fucking death star

It doesn't matter if the result is disappointing

>master switch is a fucking switch
>on a console standing alone in the middle of a sandy beach

Got me to chuckle

Shut the fuck up.

I'm right, though

Are you that afraid? lol

Liked it a hell of a lot more than TFA
Characters were better
Pacing was better
Effects were better
Had a lot more variety of tech and vehicles, spmething TFA sorely lacked
The callbacks were numerous and welcome even if they were obviously meant as a way of getting older fans hype after they mostly bashed TFA
There was a lot less snarky quips, all of them relegated to the quirky droid which was absolutely fine, only the one vader pun which was easily the worst part of the movie.

Big ups for an attempt to frame both sides in a more grey light, empire looked like they were attempting to maintain order and had a few humanizing moments while the rebels did some dirty shit and were plagued with bureaucracy
The characters were a little 2 dimensional, but I liked their dynamic even though I went in expecting sjw bs

This was what TFA should have been, and I hope they hire this director again, or at least directors with a similar philosophy.

Also that writer tweeting about how the empire is a white supremacist group is a complete dumbass. There were the signs of the Sjw propaganda the director did a great job in mitigating it.

> Than

It was great and honestly most of Sup Forums seems to agree it's just a few vocal morons parroting RLM

RLM did a video on it already? They seemed to like TFA though.

It isn't our world, the technology is different.

>I loooove the Mouse cock. Yumyum Dizney cum.

It was "many bothans died to deliver this message" and that was in reference to the second death star

This is bait children, take notes.

>I need cliches and lazers in my WW2 films

You shouldn't be allowed to watch star wars.

The navy still runs on XP

>>I need cliches and lazers in my WW2 films
Are you talking about the original trilogy. cuz dats what it sounds like nigga

Please go rewatch the original trilogy

People were shitting on r1 3 days ago.

>writers hate me
>made a movie that entertained me sufficiently

I think i won m8

>entire plans of battlestation on one floppy disk
>gets shoved down robot's throat
>robot crash lands on a desert planet then tased and sold into slavery and the gloppy disk not damaged at all
>robot visits the actual battle station where it can hack doors and trash compactors just because it can and not because it has the plans
>when rebels get the plan they just look at it for a second and determine they can just fire rockets up its asshole
>the part that people complain about being hard to believe was that it was on a tape

A flash drive would have looked even dumber

I give it 2 stars out of 4
>script is piss poor, donnie yen was annoying as fuck
>took itself way too seriously to the point of tedium, virtually no humor, C3PO told better jokes than that Imperial Droid
>shitty villain, except for Vader fucking shit up in the end that was cash
>story feels like it's made up as it goes along
>the space battle scenes while not bad seem to go on forever
>it's a fucking spin-off, disney can go fuck themselves with this bullshit. the ewok tv-movies had more heart than this depressing shit.

The Force Awakens
I give it 3 stars out of 4
>good character development
>good villain
>good script (inb4 reboot of A New Hope) it's called pottery nigga
>good humor, didn't take itself too seriously (that's a handicap with SW films)

man why couldn't it have just been a film of Vader fucking up rebels
who the hell would need plot then

>This is what TFA should have been

Very much agree with this.

I'm going to post one just to dick you down

I have a very simple request. I know someone here can satisfy this request. I want wallpaper-worthy stills from Rogue One.

Here, have a Ralph McQuarrie.

> I remember two monosyllabic names hurp durp

I'm going to make one now out of spite.

I saw it today, it was so fucking good. This is how a Star Wars movie should be, much closer to the originals than anything else that's come out in 4 decades.

>virtually no humor

Why does every Star Wars movie need humor? I'm so sick of this shit. Can we for once just have a movie set in the universe that doesn't take cues from the OT or is that just not allowed? I wish Vader wasn't even in it so we'd for once get a film without a single lightsaber.

Oh great another movie about a death star they can milk to death

>This is how Star Wars should be
>Bland/uninteresting characters
>Shit pacing
>Using Fan service to try to save the movie from being garbage
>Stupid cameos

Yeah you're totally right. This is how Star Wars should be.

It's bad to hate white supremacists? What's your point?

It was better than TFA.

Both weren't that good. When I saw this I saw a trailer for Dunkirk before it and that actually looked good.

Everything except blend characters is pretty spot on. Even then, bland characters have been a given in the past 5 SW movies. These movies are nothing but fan service and flashy battle sequences.

R1 >>>>> TFA
While not as good as the OT, it is a step in the right direction

I put it on par with Jedi, maybe slightly less but about equal

Characters in all the other movies are far more engaging than any of the ones in this fucking movie. There are NO CHARACTERS. A movie where characters who are BLAND AS FUCK go on a suicide mission and die at the end evoke NO fucking emotion from its audience didn't do its job properly.

I would like some examples of movies that the squad goes on suicide mission and is well characterized. I can only think of Saving Private Ryan.

The Dirty Dozen
Inglorious Basterds

Watch more movies

Seven Samurai/Magnificent 7

Star Wars Dirty Dozen is what it was being called(failed at that but eh) so watch Dirty Dozen

Dirty Dozen and Seven Samurai/Magnificent 7 use cheap but well done stereotypes for their cast. I would hardly consider any of their cast aside from the main character as well characterized. Heck Jyn got more backstory than most of the cast. But again that doesn't make Jyn interesting I agree. I just think the characters RO weren't as bad as people make them out to be.

K-2S0
Chirrut
Baze
Bodhi

All bretty gud and likeable characters. Cassein and Jyn were kinda hit or miss at moments.

I don't even know who those people you just listed are with the exception of K-2SO and Jyn. Not even joking.

Droid
Donnie Yen
Donnie Yens bro
Pilot

Cassein was the hispanic

>took itself way too seriously to the point of tedium, virtually no humor

REEEE WHY IS MARVEL ONLY QUIPS

oh but star wars should def have quips

To Be or Not to Be (1942)

agreed, fuck that episode I remake