How come baseball is only played in 'Murrica?

How come baseball is only played in 'Murrica?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5S2ca4oeJd8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

its not

because it's shit

You're a dull one aren't you

Because elsewhere one prefers superior throwing sports such as shot put or javelin

It's big in Japan and Cuba.

Also the Finns have their own version of baseball.

Because it's slow, boring and stupid, and Americans are mostly slow, boring and stupid, that's why only them can enjoy it.
jk, they just go to the boreball park to stuff them with fast food.

Dunno it seems pretty fun to me. I'm bored to death by football.

if you only watch the highlights on MLB youtube channel, sure, it looks fun. But a real game is
>nothing happens for 10 minutes, not really sure why
>then pitcher pitches
>pitches again
>pitches again, batter hits, foul ball, out
>3 minutes later, same routine
occasionaly there are players on base, things *can* happen but nothing really spectacular

If you're bored by football I can't even imagine your state watching a 3,5 hours long boreball game

It's not made for ADHD McDonalds stuffed millennials such as yourself

sounds like you're talking about americans

>only in america
What is Japan, Korea, China, most countries in Latin America, Italy, Netherlands, Germany, Australia, Canada...

>Australia
kek

KEK

K-E-K

>Korea and China
Wrong.

>most countries in Latin America
You meant Cuba and Venezuela.

>all those Euro countries
Literally nobody gives a shit about Baseball there.

And you must have the patience of a toddler that needs instant action. The 6th inning onward is tense in a close game, and if a pitcher has give up no hits past that moment, it becomes something to watch.

oh here comes the boomers defending "the snoozing man's game". And after they'll say that soccer is booooooring.
Make your mind pls.

sounds like you're just a bit stupid

I don't like baseball, but it's a far, far better sport than soccer. There's actual tactical depth to it.

I'm not a boomer. And I don't think soccer is boring. Baseball is a great game, and I'd recommend you'd watch some games with an open mind. The amount of games can make teams either make or break the postseason and there's so many things to look into.

>baseball has more tactical depth than football
this has to be the best joke of the month 2bh
never change, Australia

It's the #1 sport in Japan, Cuba, the Dominican Republic, and Venezuela. It's also played in Panama, Taiwan, South Korea, Mexico, Costa Rica, some random Caribbean countries I'm not remembering, and of course Canada.

soccer is literally one of the most basic and braindead sports in the world. Only basketball is worse

you KNOW my truthbombs are correct

>No tactical depth

A right hand batter comes up in the 8th with two men on in scoring position. Your team leads by three and there's one out. He also has the most home runs in the league. What do you do? Do you put in the lefty to get a strikeout, or a righty to pop up and strand the runners on base?

hahaha

t. brainlet

Boreball is not a sport in which you keep your attention high throughout the game or watch every pitch non-stop. The game it's more a casual experience, a background noise in your life. You watch one inning, go to prepare yourself a dinner while listening to the game, talk on the phone, eat, go back to the game. It does not matter if you don't watch one at bat, jeez, it does not matter even if you don't watch the game. If the game is boring, just turn off, you probably is not going to loss anything. Any game can be summarized perfectly in a table of statistics. Nobody watches every game on the season besides the teams and narrators.

It really pay off to watch balls flying off while drinking. It feels good.

>if if if if
how wow it's just another corner kick at the 85th minute with 1-0 situation
specific situations actually happen all the times in football

>Do you put in the lefty to get a strikeout, or a righty to pop up and strand the runners on base?
There is no guarantee that either of those things will happen based on you putting in a lefty or a righty. Leave your current pitcher in, tell him not to give the guy anything good. I'd rather load the bases than give the HR leader anything to swing at in this situation.

>what is the australian baseball league

>what is the kbo and clb
>what is the serie del caribe
>you now remember cruyff played baseball for ajax before football
>even andré rienzo played in italy last year
SOPA DE MACACO, UMA DELÍCIA

You're talking about a set piece, that's completely different. Managers almost never make substitutions just for a corner, it's pointless because only 3% of corner kicks actually lead to a goal. Also, the basics are the same, you're either putting it in the box and making space for one of your cbs to head it in, or you're going for a short corner.

Australia has a baseball league but nobody in Australia really cares about baseball. It's about as relevant as America's lacrosse league is here.

Mets left Matt Harvey to pitch a crucial 9th inning in game 5. How did that go for them?

>what is the australian baseball league
>let me tell you about your country

the ABL is aleague that literally fucking no one watches, generates no money and was only kept alive by the MLB who had to cover every single expense it incurred because there is absolutely no market for baseball here and no potential for growth since we already have a vastly superior bat and ball sport as our national sport

I have literally never met a single person with any kind of interest in baseball whatsoever, let alone the fucking ABL

this has to be the most comprehensive and intelligent explanation on how to properly follow a baseball game
but pls, dear Amerifats, don't try to sell it as some sort of ultra exciting shit, because it's not

Harvey had pitched the entire game up to that point, hadn't he? His pitch count was probably sky high.

>>How come baseball is only played in 'Murrica?
>it is played in australia

by that logic so does everyone

And that brings us back to square one: What would you do if you were the manager? You know your pitcher is at the end and especially when it's in October, so do you put in the closer or do you keep him in for the last inning? That's what makes you win or lose ballgames

Which proves my point even further.

The point is that baseball has no public support in Australia so it might as well not count at all. It's like American football in Italy. Do some people play it? Yes, technically. But you wouldn't consider them a football country.

When people talk about which countries "play" a sport, they mean which countries have a relevant number of people interested in the sport. Baseball has about 15 to 20 countries that fit that description, but Australia isn't one of them.

>he can't sit still and watch this paint try for 4 hours
>must be adhd

No wonder your country is being raped by a prescription drug problem

Baseball is probably the 5th most international sport after flopgrass, cricket, basketball, and tennis.

Top 4 sport in:

US, Japan, South Korea, Mexico, Venezuela, Cuba, Dominican, Puerto Rico, Canada, and a smattering of Central American and Caribbean countries.

Total pop: ~600 million

baseball is gay and pesäpallo is discount gay

>since we already have a vastly superior bat and ball sport as our national sport

You mean: Bunt: The Game? :^)

Of course you put the fucking closer in for the ninth inning, especially if it's a playoff game. That's his entire job. It's in the name.

>That's what makes you win or lose ballgames
>Putting in the closer at the end of the game makes you win or lose
Hard-hitting analysis, ESPN should give you a call

wtf is bunt

A bunt in baseball is a deliberately soft hit

As far as I can tell it's more like precision contact hitting with a wider bat and everyone pitches submarine style.

I thought Aussies were big and strong?

Why are they still playing a 12th century game where you get to use a boat oar as a bat, where the best players of all-time are like 5'5", and the "home run" (six) barrier is a very unmanly 250 feet away from the crease? And cricket bowlers through very unmanly velocities on average.

There's also no physical situations in cricket that Aussies would surely love, like trucking over a catcher (still legal, BTW).

To excel in baseball, you need a physique like this. Big and strong. Right up the Aussie alley.

You're incorrect about Korea, and it's Taiwan rather than China.

Big in Colombia, parts of Mexico, DR, hondurass... Not that all that matters too much

When I watch cricket, 75% of batting is playing cover drives and softly deflecting the ball away from the wicket.

It's why cricketers can bat for like 39 hours straight. Not much athletic activity to it.

Meanwhile, in baseball guys are hitting shit over the moon.

What baseball team should I root for?

In cricket a home run doesn't actually count for any points, so they have no incentive to try to smash the ball. It's a completely different game.

Yankees

>When I watch cricket, 75% of batting is playing cover drives and softly deflecting the ball away from the wicket.
yes that's how test cricket works, it's a sport for intellectuals and philosophers
if you want le big meme hits, watch T20s. That's a version designed for sub 80 IQ indians and fat americans like you.

>In cricket a home run doesn't actually count for any points

Counts for 6, bro.

The smug one. Winning is not that important.

>if you want le big meme hits, watch T20s.

T20 is even worse.

When you can hit consecutive sixes on six straight balls, you know the skill demands are complete shit.

BTW, appreciate real forms of cricket. Just shitposting with you, BSA.

But T20 being shit isn't a shit post. Think it will overtake traditional cricket and become THE code?

Mets

New York Yankees

>Think it will overtake traditional cricket and become THE code?
maybe in the Caribbean since it's naturally what they're good at. Over here it's mostly used as a meme to get women and kids that normally wouldn't watch cricket to get into the game. Australia literally never plays any T20 bilateral internationals, people here are far more into test cricket overall.

I wouldn't be surprised if some of the smaller cricket nations like Afghanistan and Bangladesh focused on it, since it's the format they can actually compete against the big guys in. Don't see it overtaking tests overall though.

I'm seeing a lot more Brazilians in baseball threads this year.

Make it happen. You guys need a bat-and-ball sport to fit in next to soccer (goal sport) and volleyball (net sport).

Dwayne was elite m8
youtube.com/watch?v=5S2ca4oeJd8

Baseball is a thing where the japanese came to work here.

Is test undergoing attacks there from the media like, "test is too slow and boring for our tech savvy generation! It needs to evolve!"

We get an article re: baseball like that every week.

Impossible. Only japanese immigrants tried this and failed, the game does not appeal to the brazillians. But, it's likely to handegg become a big thing here in the future.

occasionally, but mostly it's just calling for stuff like night games and a revamped structure so we have a proper test league instead of actual changes to the game's rules
most people realise that cricket has existed for far longer than most sports by doing the complete opposite of what conventional sport wisdom is

I see. In any event, you guys have some nice MLB players. Paulo Orlando, Gomes, etc.

Orlando is very fun to watch. Great speed.

>Only japanese immigrants tried this and failed
Which is ironic why are there many tournaments in Brazil, a lot of players in Major and Minor leagues in America...

Maybe you are just having too much soup.

Cuba, Puerto Rico, Venezuela, Canada, Japan, South Korea, Netherlands

MLB is more popular worlwide than NFL and NHL. NHL is only popular in small eastern european countries

no

>cricket has existed for far longer than most sports by doing the complete opposite of what conventional sport wisdom is

Yeah. Way to go. Baseball was accused of being "slow" way back in the early 1900s, and the media talking heads of the day predicted that Americans would give it up for bicycle riding. Lol.

Cricket probably has a history of pundits declaring its death, too. I think George Bernard Shaw was a big hater.

Everything that has success has also haters.

>Cricket probably has a history of pundits declaring its death, too.
unironically for over 100 years

games like cricket and baseball shouldn't be made to be like other sports because they're fundamentally different to them.
they were popular in the first place for a reason and that core appeal is what should be focused on

>games like cricket and baseball shouldn't be made to be like other sports because they're fundamentally different to them.

Agreed.

Some MLB franchises are trying to prospect here, building complexes to train people. But there is no baseball culture, strong league or enough people practicing or watching to become a thing. At the same time, our football clubs are making and investing on handegg counterparts and there a lot of people wiling to break bones and receive concussions for FREE.

Tell me where these tournaments are happening. There is only casual competitions with casual players. My experience until now is that I can talk about handegg and apehoop with a lot of people, but their reaction to baseball is: "What? That boring bullshit? Haha".

except thats not true, its called the world series for a reason

>6's dont count for anything
>Yankees fan

Yup, he's retarded alright

fuckin based, like a lineman picking up a fumble and running with it

the only sports where the defence has the ball

How can you post on a Taiwanese Cave Drawing board and not know the giant hardon the Japs have for baseball?

Thanks for the suggestions.

You're really underestimating its popularity, dude. Or did you just want (you)s?

During the regular season that user is correct, but during the playoffs every pitch is absolutely exciting. MLB playoffs are the best postseason in sports

it's not Chinks and Mexicans play it too