ESB > ANH > Rogue One > RotJ > TFA > RotS > PM > AotC

ESB > ANH > Rogue One > RotJ > TFA > RotS > PM > AotC

Seems reasonable. ROTJ and TFA are neck and neck, could swap places.

>The Empire Strikes Back
>A New Hope
>Return of the Jedi
>Rogue One
>Revenge of the Sith
>The Phantom Menace
>Attack of the Clones
>Star Wars Christmas Special

>The Force Awakens

star wars>empire>jedi>revenge>clones>menace>tfa>rogueone

switch a new hope and and r1 and I actually agree

t. george lucas

Palp scenes from Episode III >>>>>>>>> Everything else

>opinions are like assholes

go suck smore mouse cawk

TFA isn't even close to ROTJ, it's poorly written, poorly acted and lacks the creativity necessary in a sci-fi film.

ANH=ESB>RotJ>power gap>RotS=RO>TFA>PM>AotC

still more fun because of the so bad it's good thing
also they don't shake the camera too much

This guy is definitely NOT a NORMIE you guise.

Jsyk

TFA is better than rotj, otherwise, this is correct

Are you fuckers literally putting R1 high on the list just to be contrary to RLM?

star wars>the empire strikes back>return of the jedi

Idk about that. Rogue One was pretty entertaining after about an hour desu. Even the first hour had some pure kino parts.

swap ANH and ROTJ and we got a deal

I agree with RLM most of the time, but there are exceptions. This is one.

like what

Are you literally putting R1 low on the list just because RLM said so?

I can form my own opinion. R1 is the best star wars movie outside of the OT. It actually feels like a Star Wars movie, not a shitty imitation made to sell toys and for kids to laugh at the funny droids and funny characters.

ANH really wasn't that good. I really wish we could get a movie on par with the good half or RotJ sans the shit half so we could finally unseat ANH. It really does not deserve the #2 spot and it's such a fucking shame that no other SW movie apart from it deserves it either.

A movie shouldn't default into a top spot. Why is this movie anthology so shitty?

Pictures man. It looked amazing. Really great Star Wars world, something we haven't had in a long time. Little things like a stormtrooper frisking a citizen. Come on let me enjoy my movie in peace.

1. The Empire Strikes Back (GOAT film)
2. Return of the Jedi (also GOAT besides the Ewoks but Endor is still cool)
3. Rogue One (Felicity is my waifu and it's just generally surprisingly good)
4. A New Hope (Lacking in some areas but very strong start to the series)
5. Revenge of the Sith (Underrated, final act is very strong, suffers from same problems as other prequels but the highlights are superb)
6. The Force Awakens (Unforgivablely lazy writing)
7. Attack of the Clones (Awful)
8. The Phantom Menace (Irredeemable)

I know most people consider AotC the worst but child Anakin and the huge screen time of Jar Jar Binks make TPM far worse in my opinion.

People can have opinions that don't revolve around RLM.

ANH has some pure kino in it. I wouldn't call it bad, just a bad plot. Binary sunset is easily the best scene in the entire saga. The music is amazing. I think Disney might be able to unseat it though. If they keep making movies better and better.

The quality jump from TFA to R1 was substantial, they just fucked up a few crucial places like the pacing and characters. Too bad the critics gave it a lower score so they'll probably revert back to TFAish movies.

>it's poorly written, poorly acted and lacks the creativity necessary in a sci-fi film.

we're talking about the pt? yeah I agree.

they had that in tfa but somehow they found a way to fuck it up with this movie
i didn't know that was possible
really, it surprise me

Jesus...that's fucking PS2 tier graphics.

I strongly disagree and feel the exact opposite.

I thought it was a joke at first and maybe a deleted scene. It's actually real. I don't know how I didn't catch it before, maybe it just aged terribly? It's pretty damn bad though.

As bad as Ewoks were, RoTJ actually had characters that had story arcs and development (see Vader, Luke, Leia). The film did a lot in the development of cinematic techniques and technology. The film had great cinematography (especially in Jabba's palace and the Emperor's Throne Room), and a memorable soundtrack (that score as Luke Starts whaling on Vader). Lastly, the film actually has dialogue and not "HOPE". Rogue One is mediocre to the core

are you me?

Simple plot doesn't mean bad. It's a very well done classical story with classical elements. Underdog story. Shakespearean sense of good and evil.
It is a movie in the star wars franchise but it is the least Star Wars movie, if you catch my meaning. It's completely different from the others, even ESB. It can be taken as a stand alone. It's simply a creative fantasy western in space with great music.
Starting with ESB, there became an idea of what Star Wars should be and they tried to make movies fitting that mold.
ANH is a work of art. Many things are happy accidents but it's honestly just pure and simply art.

I'm talking about the entire thing. The story was the same as ANH and ESB, Rey was basically Luke, and we had Han, Leia, and Chewy inserted just for the nostalgia factor.

It should have a 40% on RT for just being so fucking lazy.

i love how this guy predicts exactly what will happen and everybody ignores him. he's probably my favorite character (except thrawn)

Caravan of Courage is better than RotS though.

Empire Strikes Back is near perfect.

The scenes with Yoda are among the greatest in film history. An absolutely amazingly written character. His dialogue is just brilliant and rightfully almost every line he speaks is extremely iconic.

They fucked his character so badly with the PT.

I have issues with ESB. But I acknowledge it's probably more enjoyable to watch for most people compared with ANH.

still more original the two last movies

>Simple plot doesn't mean bad
Not always. But in this case it was, in my opinion. I enjoy ANH a lot though, despite the overly-simplistic plot.

Yeah what was with that? They completely dumbed him down and made him jump around like a chimpanzee.

He should never have used a light saber. Just come in and save their asses with overwhelming knowledge of the force, forcing Dooku to flee.

jesus what an awful haircut

R1 is pretty original. Not sure what you mean. Never had a Star Wars film with no Jedi in it.

No it isn't faggot

there's still force sensitive people in it

It's hard to argue that Yoda never should have used a light saber. Are you basing this on the fact that he didnt have one in ESB or ROTJ? Obi Wan says the lightsaber is the weapon if a Jedi so it's logical to conclude Yoda had one since he is a Jedi.
Also, it's not as if the prequels were written by someone unknown. George Lucas decided for Yoda to have a light saber. If the creator decides his character should have a saber then how can you argue he's wrong?

Agreed, R1 had flaws, like the unnecessary cameos (c3po and R2 im looking at you), but it was overall such a good movie that i can ignore the flaws.

Ive said it iin other threads and i will repeat it here, the main character in this movie was the rebellion and the empire, no the people. Both institutions were fleshed out in a way we have never seen before. The rebels are no lnger a group of do-gooders that can do no wrong, they are insurgents that recruit fanatics to perform acts of terrorism and assassination in order to win a fight against impossible odds. The empire was a unstoppable and efficient oppressive regime, more than just "bad guys".

Pretty good movie, the music could have been better, the first 2 acts could have been a little more fleshed out, but one of the best SW movies in the last decades.

Way better than TFA crap. CGI Tarkin was more tolerable than Harrison Ford pretending to give a crap about Han Solo.

It's only overly simplistic from a certain point of view. But to each a zone.

This person knows their stuff

>there's still force sensitive people in it
Well it is still Star Wars. A Star Wars movie would be pretty bland without the force.

I see your point. It just looks so awkward with him using it since he's so small. Maybe he can have it, just prefers not to use it. He seems too wise to have to resort to the saber unless absolutely necessary.

>If the creator decides his character should have a saber then how can you argue he's wrong?
Considering how badly Lucas fucked up his own prequel, I highly doubt he was the same person he was when he wrote the OT. Maybe the fame let him run shit with a tighter grip then he could with the OT. Hard to say, but saying we can't critique the movie because the creator knows best is pretty dumb.

and they still reuse most of the last part of ROTJ while happening right before the original 1977 movie

Same list as me, I would just swap PM and AoTC

>Way better than TFA crap. CGI Tarkin was more tolerable than Harrison Ford pretending to give a crap about Han Solo.
This. His lack of commitment to his role was so obvious. He needs to retire if he isn't willing to put soul into his characters anymore.

Not really. A space battle is hardly uncreative.

this

TFA was a steaming pile of shit

You can critique his movie all you like. The issue is whether or not Yoda SHOULD use a lightsaber or not. George Lucas is in the best position to decide this because it's his universe and his character and his intentions and he knows exactly how his characters will act and what they'll do. Your expectations about Yoda based on what you saw are unjustified because you don't know the whole picture.
George fucked up the prequels by making them bad movies. The Star Wars story stuff is all as valid as anything else because it's his franchise, no matter how stupid or smart you think it is.
Suppose I create a character and a story.
You make judgements on that character based on reading my story.
Now I take the story in a completely different direction in the next chapter, subverting your expectations. Is your criticism valid? No, because I invent my universe and I know how it works better than anyone for that very reason no matter how silly you might find it. Anything you come up with is fanfiction and holds as much weight as a wet paper bag.

ESB>ANH>TFA=ROTJ>RO>ROTS>AOTC>TPM

>George Lucas is in the best position to decide this because it's his universe
Go home Lucas you're shitposting on Sup Forums again.

>this xd
Stop parroting.

>The scenes with Yoda are among the greatest in film history
Jesus fucking christ delete yourself from life

>none of the Imperial officers think much of Vader
>Krennic was quivering in his boots

Why the discrepancy?

Close
ANH > ESB > R1 > RotJ > RotS > TFA > AotC > PM

Won't even waste my time entering this thread based off your pleb opinions.

Haven't even seen R1 yet but it probably won't be close to ESB, ROTS or ANH. And the fact that you all keep rating Ep 3 down just shows you all got downs.

The main criticism I have for R1 besides choking on my aspirations and a few bits with the characters being 1 dimensional was the music was extremely forgettable

>Haven't even seen R1 yet
Then why do you think your opinion holds any weight compared to people who've actually seen it? Idiot.

Maybe you should see the movie first friend. I was pleasently surprised, even after expecting the worst thanks to one of the writers being a dumbass on twitter. The director did a great job.

Money.

They weren't just officers, they were admirals and Krennic was merely a director. He also wasn't really quaking in his boots until Vader almost quipped him to death.

These threads looked roughly the same before RLM released their review. Lurk moar.

don't see it
it's worse than tfa

swap TFA and RotS and I agree with you

>worse than tfa
Not possible desu

R1 > All

Yoda taking out his lightsaber had the entire theater cheering, myself included but I was 12. These days I'm not big on it.

Yeah, I remember. Maybe it's more of how he used it than the fact he had one. Of course seeing Yoda pull out a lightsaber is great, but when you get a silly fight scene with him bouncing around it just diminishes it.

then pirate it to believe me

I approve of this.

Nono, I saw the movie. I just hated every second of it. Capeshit in space but with more diversity.

>Capeshit in space but with more diversity.
Doesn't get any more diverse than the MCU.

RoTJ is superior to R1 but somehow i enjoyed R1 more. I think it was because R1 was more realistic then any other SW movie

I think the reason why some people prefer FTA over R1 is less to do with it being a better movie than it does with the potential for growth.

R1 was clearly fan bait, and while TFA had that it also had more that was ever so slightly different, and it gives way to an inverse of the prequals, with rei being the opposite of anikin. I think the fact itwas better than the last star wars movie also played a part, with R1 being a superior film but suffering from a feelin of sameyness

At least MCU has white guys in the main cast

TFA is better than ROTJ.

That said, pretty accurate ranking overall.

Nope. It isn't. ROTJ has some writing flaws and the GL edits just made it worse. Don't get me wrong, I love it, but it's the worse of the 3 movies from OT.

ESB > ANH > ROTJ > TFA > R1 > whatever

RoTS > TFA then it's prefect

I used to think Lucas was the problem with Star Wars because he completely fucking blew it with the prequels. But Disney now has had 2 movies that both sucked.

>tfw someone finally gets it right

TFA was pretty consistent throughout, while R1 takes about an hour to get interesting. The characters in TFA were also better written. R1 is like another Ep 1, in that the third act makes the audience forget how mediocre the rest of the movie was.

>Empire Strikes Back
>Return of the Jedi
>Revenge of the Sith
>A New Hope
>Rogue One
>The Force Awakens
>Phantom Menace
>Attack of the Clones

>TESB
>ANH
>TFA
>RO
>RotS
>RotJ
>AotC
>TPM

RotS>TFA

its a space opera and its filmed like a play wow what a surprise

ESB>ANH>ROGUE ONE>RotS>RotJ>PM>AotC>TFA

shitty meme ranking/10

this user get it

You liked the gungans vs. droid army fight? You liked the anakin mary sues the trade federation's capital ship bit?

Seriously why is there no quality control on this shit? Fucking handheld helicopter lightsaber toting death squads.

Just. Fuck. Fuck man. Fuck.

most of you nubs arent old enough to be posting on the internet, let alone have opinions about sw

here is the official order of greatness:

>ESB (greatest plot twist of all time, great cinematography, so many fantastic memorable sets/scenes/characters/etc...one of the greatest films ever made)
>ANH (technically mindblowing for the time, introduced us to an incredible new universe, instantly charming/memorable band of characters...insane score....all future movies tried desperately to recreate the magic of this first film)
>ROTJ (jabba, vader/emperor dynamic, at-sts, love triangle, etc...all make up for the ewoks, which are charming in their own way especially if you have childhood nostalgia to back them up...but are admittedly cheesy for adults)
>R1 (entertaining, competent...details like forgettable character/planet names, weak first act, etc bring it down....but finale brought it home and made it a really great addition to the canon)
>TFA (lame reboot of ANH but still better than all the GL prequels)
>ROTS (best of the prequels...not as goofy as the others, explores some darker themes, but still lots of stupid shit happening throughout)
>TPM (great score, some important iconography for the overall series, let down by horrible CGI, unmentionably horrible characters, etc)
>AOTC (completely forgettable nonsense film with no redeeming qualities. even the title is cringeworthy)

Fpbp

So this is latest excuse prequelfags have cooked up? Pathetic really

If the job of a movie is to entertain then this is the correct rating system:

ROTJ > ESB > ANH > R1 > ROTS > AOTC >TPM > TCW > Holiday Special > Ewoks >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> TFA

that masking glitch on the left side near the end! Holy Shit!!