Who was your favorite character in Rogue One, Sup Forums?

Who was your favorite character in Rogue One, Sup Forums?

Mine was definitely K-S20.

the ending credits letters were my favorite characters desu

Donnie Yen
XD

I agree, he was a good comic relief character.

>in b4 quips

>characters

I saw the GOTG2 trailer, THAT was fucking quips. Rogue One had little to none, the only jarring lines was them actually saying the movie title out loud but K-S20 never overextended his comedy unnecessarily.

>reddit frog
>autism

Upvoted :)

He was definitely my second favorite.

It's sad that a robot had more personality than the two main characters

True, that was the biggest flaw in the movie.

I didn't care about that girl and Cassian almost at all.

C-3PO

I saw the GOTG 2 trailer at my theater and it looked literal 9gag tier.

>baby groot keeps saying "I am groot" over and over again, more than 10 times
I was in awe at how retarded that trailer was.

Im glad they made the disfunctional droid the comedy plug instead of the main cast. Really hard to get into a movie when your main characters dont take it seriously. Looking at you TFA, you piece of shit.

>Favorite character is the Bazinga-bot 9000
Get the fuck off my board

He stops making jokes during the serious parts of the movie and I don't think he bantered more than 15 times. He was the only comic relief character and the 2 protagonists had zero charisma.

But I'm betting you didn't even watch the movie and are just shitposting.

Oh no, I did watch the movie
The robot could've been worse, but it doesn't make the movie any better. All the characters are bland, have no heart or soul, they're just there to complete the mission, like they were just regular co-workers. And when the robot is making all the jokes, it's also important as to how the other characters react. If they are just soulless to his jokes, then it's not a good joke, just a mediocre one

hello, merchandising meme character!

Humor is subjective but just because you aren't making the butt of your joke laugh doesn't mean it isn't funny. I didn't care about Jyn or Cassein's reactions because I don't feel the need to judge how funny something is based on other peoples' reactions.

Very witty and creative comment haha!

I like to use the word meme too lol
mom get me more of those spicy dank memez
lolz

I don't mean a reaction as a laugh, I mean any reaction, something that at least implies the other characters have emotions

Fair enough, I thought Jyn and Cassein's reaction or lack thereof was awkward and part of the reason they weren't memorable or engaging so I agree with you there.

You dig alright

haha, are we sharing pics of ourselves now?
You're very handsome :)

>Favorite character
>In a movie where none of the characters matter because the entire fucking theme and point was built around an idea not characters. and every fucking critic who watched it is too fucking stupid to understand

I thought K2SO was well done, I was expecting him to be way too in your face and just turn it into a marvel movie, but he was sprinkled in a perfect amount

he was a funnier character than what we've had before

RLM too aparently

This, almost hk-41 levels of banter

The characters represent the 'idea'. Those characters meant to represent that idea were not fleshed out well.

I seriously don't understand why Sup Forums likes this robot so much, for me he was the worst character in the movie and her jokes were really unfunny and not witty at all.

Tarkin

The blind autist aka donnie yen

I liked him, but he did remind me of one glaring problem n the Star Wars universe:

If droids can be made to be so tough and hyper-capable that they can access and navigate networks with one hand and massacre an entire Stormtrooper platoon with the other, why isn't the Empire using them for troops in the first place?

More like KYS-20.

I'd have to agree, the other characters really sucked. Felt like they didn't give them enough time to develop, should have narrowed down the cast a bit more.

Karl Fisto

Please tell me that you at least made sure to exclusively use racist and/or misogynistic subreddits for that assignment.
>Yes, I gained over 4,000 Karma from r/theRedPill and r/whitenationalism.
>Truly, sir, I must thank you for opening my eyes to a place where I can truly belong.

cost efficiency

Has to be K-S20 since none of the other characters had any character

I honestly didn't know he was CGI.

Baze

I felt so bad for him.

He's literally doing his best to banter with everyone around him and they're all ignoring him.

Honestly any character is the best compared to the 2 lead ones

Leia looked faker

These bad boys

Toppest of keks

Fucking cocainated sexuagenary

Donnie Yen is best Chuuni.

the characters did just fine
jyn pisses away her life after saw dumps her, gets locked up, and then she's freed and in order to stay free she does a favour for the alliance
when she reaches Saw she sees her father's message which gives her purpose, and after seeing him in person she becomes willing to do anything to fulfill his dream, and she ultimately dies happy that she's made a difference in the world
cassian just wanted all the terrible things he's done to have meaning, and dies happy knowing that all the shit in his life has been worth something

as far as characters that serve the theme go, they got all the development they needed

*does a pouty face for half of the movie*

m-muh dad

is it hard to believe that jyn erso as a character is not terribly emotive? you can see clearly in the film when something important to her is happening, but she doesn't go around in histrionics for the entire film.

Surprisingly the woman.
Her character didn't scream Girlpower as much as Ray.
She also wasn't a character trope as much as the others.
>quib bot, devilish rouge, le blind fucking monk and his sidekick and mustache twirling villain who kills his own subordinates carelessly

Cassian. I creamed my pants when he killed that informant and never looked back. Sure he's kind of dry, but he gets shit done. I don't need a meme spouting robot or corny asian dude to excite me.

I'm guessing a droid like K-S20 is prohibitively expensive

Cassian.

I liked how they didnt make him a good guy and that they showed him murder other rebels.

>he will never hold you in your dying moments
:(

They didn't seem to have much a problem affording metal planets that shoot death rays

yeah and at least she had proper motivation
Rey literally had Finn dropped into her lap like "LOL I GUESS IM PART OF THIS WHOLE THING NOW LETS GO MEET HAN"

Vader, because laughing at how badly they fucked up his costume in a multi million dollar production was a good time.

What's up with the neck man i don't recall it being like that in the originals

>literally looks like some cosplayer who's been walking around some sweaty con all day and his shit is starting to pop out
weow

Many people were in the movie, none had character.

Krennic was the only one that was any good, with good character development to boot

Next was the Quipbot

My favorite was K-0N

they fixed it the movie

Quip bot was fun.

But no one bothered to make like a back up of this poor fuckers hard drive/memory-personality matrix?

The movie attempts to fill holes but then creates more as it makes the empire seem incredibly incompetent.

Generic war drama with added slow-mo death waves that are conveniently timed to allow them to say good bye, walk around or get off a planet.

The final half hour is fucking terrible. The attack on the mountain base made no sense. Why not bomb it with bunker busters to kill fucking everyone/thing there? Why send in 6 or so planes who 'conveniently' arrive in time to shoot a few people and then die. There was greater strategic value in bombing or infiltrating the base, than the surface level scratches they applied.

How did they steal that ship? Do the empire not employ the check-in system for soldiers?

Just bad. It did have a better war tone. Couldn't care for any character though, they were just set pieces to move the plot, granted this entire string of events appears to be a few days at best.

>Rey literally had Finn dropped into her lap like "LOL I GUESS IM PART OF THIS WHOLE THING NOW LETS GO MEET HAN"

Fucking THIS! She found BB-8 and didn't even want him to stay. Then she meets Finn and moments later is being attacked by troops and tie fighters. But she's perfectly willing to run off into space with him after devoting her whole life to waiting for her family.

Fucking horrible writing.

It's K2-SO

>Fucking THIS! XDDD

I was kind of disappointed with the robot. I was expecting like a nicer HK-47 instead of quippotron-5000.

Si, 3PO

it did in A New Hope

Shelborg was top tier comic relief

I think i liked bazingo borg because he wasn't an aspie

Is that a pick of the Stranger Things pedo? LOL how did you get it?

What the FUCK were their names and why did they go out of their way to never mention them?

K2 was a bit too quippy for my taste but ill admit I got a good laugh out "cassian told me too"
the movie definitely had better humor that ep 7

nope. it definitely didn't.

k2so was okay. the humor was awkward...and not in the universe, but as a viewer. he would say these lines, and no one would react to them. they'd lke continue doing their work as if no one said anything. like the director was going "OKAY THE ROBOT SAYS SOMETHING HERE, SO PUT A LITTLE GRIN ON AND LOOK DOWN AND WORK ON SOMETHING"