“Kylo Ren, I watched the Galactic Empire rise, and then fall

Can someone explain to me how neither The Emperor sensed Snoke's existence? We are led to believe Snoke is a Palpatine-level force user, and we are supposed to believe he existed during the time of the Empire and noone sensed his presence? Notice how Kylo sensed the force awakening in Rey early in TFA and Vader noticed Luke causing a disturbance in the force from ANH. Both luke and rey were still weak at that point, especially compared to someone like Snoke. Someone explain this? its ruining my immersion

I meant "neither The Emperor nor Vader sensed Snoke's existence" in the first sentence

Could have been a Jedi in cryosleep or some shit.

I like the theory that Snoke is Mace Windu though.

>Can someone explain to me how neither The Emperor sensed Snoke's existence?

Yes, that someone is Disney and the filmmakers. Wait till the fucking trilogy is concluded before asking stupid questions.

He was on some shithole planet on the outer rim. There he was left for dead by Sheev but somehow survived on roots, beets and bantha pudu.
He used all his remaining force power to hide himself while training like a Ninja Warrior for the final rope climbing third round.
BTW Snoke is a hologram, he really looks like a twin of Ben Kenobi.

>We are led to believe Snoke is a Palpatine-level force user
The movie gives no indications whatsoever about Snoke's powers beyond that he's piss scared of Luke.

He was probably allied to him. There can be others users of the dark side besides the two Sith. It would be silly to assume that Sidious and Vader would just kill anybody else that would join them

>thinking Disney is sophisticated enough to tie up loose ends in the story
>thinking Disney isnt just some superficial rehash

Not to mention I'm not even sure that "Rule of 2" thing still exists in canon.

It's just JJ fucking up the OT with his shit fanfic

>but like there was this other secret bad guy and he didn't do anything during the empire because... reasons but he's like totally super powerful yea! and ummmm his name is... Snoke?

Rogue One is far superior.

Snoke is just going to be some retcon of an old character just you wait, fucking retcon Shit Wars

We don't know anything about him yet.

Snoke come from another galaxy, his old galaxy was destroyed by the yuuzhan vong

Sid didn't give a shit about rule of 2 anyhow, in the old canon plaugieus and sid are the first sith in years to break the rule of 2 among many other sith traditions.

Basically plagueis or however the fuck you spell it approached the force more like a scientist than a religious monk. He thought allot of the old traditions of both the jedi and sith were just stupid and based in superstition so he was like nah fuck all that and taught Sid to be the same way.

>MikePence.jpg

It's implied that the Force doesn't exist outside this specific galaxy.

Yes he did give a shit about the rule of 2, he had Anakin kill Doomu in order to start grooming him as his apprentice for fuck's sake

*Dooku

He's an AI

force users can suppress their force presence you dingus. thats how palpatine hid that he was a sith lord from the jedi. depending on how ancient snoke is he either saw the fall of the sith 1k years ago and decided to stay low when the sith got killed off and decided it was a good time to pop up with the empire still had a chance or he's came in after the fall of the sith and was aware that since the jedi were the dominant force in the galaxy he needed to lay low and possibly encountered the sith in hiding and was like "rule of 2 LOL thats gay good luck with that" and swooped in on their failed plan when it fucked up (hence the reason of their being knights of ren now with multiple dark side users)

Palpatine had been in the same room as the strongest Jedi masters for years and was able to hide his presence. It seems like someone in a different part of the galaxy could do the same easily

He started training Maul while still an apprentice himself. It is specifically stated in the old canon books that neither he nor his master really cared about the rule of 2.

If you go outside of the movies, Sheev was certain no one aside from Vader and Luke would ever be powerful enough to challenge him, and Vader stopped being a real threat after he got wrecked on Mustafar. So he let Dooku train extra apprentices like Assaj Ventress and Darth Maul's brother because he knew Dooku + an apprentice could never defeat him. He was only worried about prime Anakin or Luke getting help because they were christ figures with stupid high power levels

clearly hes not that good of a sith lord seeing as how Kylo skills actually kind of suck

He trained him wrong on purpose, as a joke

Seriously though, I think he kept all of the cool dark side powers from Kylo because he didn't fully trust one of Luke's apprentices and blood relatives. He only decides to finish his training after Kylo proves himself by killing Han, and he was right to be careful, because Kylo has been a good guy under deep cover all along and killed Han so that he could get closer to Snoke

Same way Yoda couldn't sense Sheev

you guys are both wrong. plagueis thought the rule of two would end him and palpatine. he was figure out how to achieve immortality and him and sid would rule as equals. both of the knew that they would be the sith that was bring the grand plan into fruition so they started bending the rules because the need for having the rule of two was going to go away fairly soon. darth maul technically wasnt even a sith lord ffs, just a tool. the problem is sids "then what" (after he takes control of the galaxy) is never expalin