>I don't seem to remember ever owning a droid

what did he mean by this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WBuggMdUbog
youtube.com/watch?v=hN74bOubUug
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

19 years of isolation meditating alcohol and drugs? idk

>crazy old wizard
not to mention the first time we see him, he's stumbling drunk and screaming to himself, flailing his arms about

Alec Guinness was preemptively disowning the prequels

Why can't retards grasp that droids aren't people? They are tools, they are used as such. Why would Obi remember one tool out of 8 billion 30 years ago?

Because it was with him since he met anakin and until he became darth vader so a long time

Because it stuck with him for 20 years

Imagine you used a hammer more or less every day for decades, and that hammer saved your life on multiple occasions. Maybe you wouldn't recognize that particular hammer, but would you really forget ever having owned one in the first place?

I think the funnier mistake is Owen Lars doesn't recognize C-3PO, even though he lived with the memorably irritating droid for years

>Luke did I ever tell you about how your father used that lightsaber to slaughter children? It's a more elegant weapon from a more civilised age.

>Luke, did I ever tell you about coasters?

>A coaster, drink coaster, beverage coaster, or beermat is an item used to rest beverages upon. Coasters protect the surface of a table or any other surface where the user might place a beverage.

Public houses usually will have beermats spread out across their tables. They are used not just to protect the surface of the table, but, as they are usually made of paper, they can also be used to absorb condensation dripping along the glass or serve as an ad-hoc notepad. Beermats are often branded with trademarks or alcohol advertising. Beermats are not to be confused with bar mats, rectangular pieces of rubber or absorbent material used to protect the countertop and soak up spilled drinks in a bar or pub.

They are good friends.

Why wouldn't everyone in star wars want to own a droid? I would want one.

because the people clearly have an emotional attachment to them so they are more than "just tools"

>hey careful with that little guy, he and I have been through a lot together
>you ok r2?

- Luke

>Luke did I ever tell you about incubation droids? An incubation droid was a dome-shaped droid with an arm on its side and a shiny finish. In 37 ABY, one was used on the planet Kesh to deliver uvak eggs into a pen during a competition among the youth of the Lost Tribe of Sith. They were good friends.

Anakin and Luke are both autistic and form strong emotional attachments to objects

>In RotJ, Obi-Wan makes a point of explaining how he didn't lie to Luke in ANH

>If the prequels are canon, Obi-Wan's explanation of Anakin's lightsaber is a bizarrely elaborate fabrication and Obi-Wan is a fucking liar

Because as a Jedi you don't have possessions, duh.

>I never really owned R2-D2... So what I said was true, from a certain point of view.

Because it was a good friend.

>you can kill me... but you can't kill the force!!!

ugh

The prequels are not related to the OT, there are enough inconsistencies it can be safely considered a different series vaguely based on the same universe.

"Mmm, yeah no. I'm pretty sure I've never owned a bicycle"

Same thing.

Maybe Obi-Wan is a psychopath and can't form an emotional attachment to anything?

He never owned his own droid, like he never owned a starship. They were Jedi Council tools he used on the job.

>"Mmm, yeah no. I'm pretty sure I've never owned a bicycle"
Wait, what? Who would fucking forget about owning a bicycle, you ugly cunt?

He could never let go of his Jedi robe, or his last name for that matter

Exactly. Nobody would.

I get why 3PO has a human-like personality, since his job is to interact with people, and Anakin probably modded R2 to have a feisty personality, but why would things like battle droids be programmed to have emotions, or even talk for that matter?

The prequels are more canon than the OT. It was a screenwriting error.

>i don't understand simple lines
What did OP mean by this post?

I saw the movie in theaters when I was 11 and I HATED the part when the battle droid "errrr.. ummm.. YOU'RE UNDER ARREST"

why wouldn't they just blast them immediately?

The clones were superior to the droids because they had critical thinking skills, so some of that could be emulation of higher-level brain function for the sake of adaptability... but obviously it's just so they can serve as the comic relief now and then

Wasn't C-3PO silver then though? Maybe he didn't recognise him with his new shell

That's true, but he has the same name, and I think he's the only neurotic protocol droid because Anakin built him wrong

It's a big reason why I can't get through the Clone Wars show. I find the battle droids to be way too grating.

>Anakin
No wonder he loved padme

MIDICHLORIANS Duke

Makes sense in the context of the OT. In TPM R2D2 gets fucking formally thanked for doing his job.

Watch out for that vicious bounty hunter Boba Fett, Luke. Did I ever tell you about his father? He was hired to assassinate a senator that me and your father were guarding. We kept bringing her around open windows and public areas in order to draw her would be assassin out, but his cunning surprised even us. He had used his payment to hire another bounty hunter to kill the senator for him while he sent us on a wild bantha chase. And then that 2nd assassin used her payment to buy a robot to assassinate the senator for her. Did I mention the 2nd assassin was a shapeshifter? She could have been a good friend in disguise for all we knew! Where was I? Oh yes, then that robot used its payment to buy poisonous bugs to release into the senator's room while she slept, after lasering a hole through the window. It could have just lasered her because we we weren't watching her at all, but it as not a good shot. So we sense the hostile life forms in the room and rush in and save the senator in the nick of time! Then I jumped out the window to chase the robot back to its owner! Luckily it didn't have a self-destruct function. Then we found the 2nd assassin and chased her across the planet, and caught her when she tried to kill us instead of shapeshifting and escaping. But to our surprise, Jango Fett was watching the whole thing instead of going to kill the senator while we were away chasing the bugs chasing the robot chasing the shapeshifter. He shot her with a poisonous dart instead of sniper blaster, and only her instead of shooting all of us or blowing all of us with a rocket or something, then he escaped with his dumb jetpack. Mace Window killed him later, right in front of Boba. Mace was a good friend. Boba is a bad friend.

because he was bullshiting Luke the whole time?

He has amnesia

Don't be so droidphobic

Bravo George

Every main Star Wars character is autistic

>he could never let go of his Jedi robe
Have you even watched the prequels?

Because ROGER ROGER LMAO is something normies think

I hated the droids so fucking much. Annoying faggots.

Damn thanks for clearing this up Mr. Lucas

Why didn't he ever get a midichlorian count on Luke?

Because R2 was Anakins, not Obi Wans.

They were kings

thanks for the laugh

Supposedly in the EU they were designed after some war hero who was actually a cowardly fuck or some gay shit

In PM the fucking droids were grouped in battalions that each had a commander that gave ORAL FUCKING ORDERS IN ENGLISH

>Build droids that are cowardly as fuck
And this is why the EU is shit.

They built them wrong on purpose, as a joke

It was just a prank, bro?

I think it's more everyone thought he was a great guy so they used his brain as an AI, but it turns out he was shit at pretty much everything

I actually think these particular inconsistencies are a strength of the series. I mean I meet him in bars who tell me we were in the same class for years and have no memory of them even now let alone as an old man.

The droids obviously not people you would get emotionally invested with tho frankly the prequels pushed it with R2 as Obi Wan clearly chooses him by name regularly.

Also the whole obi wan is a liar criticism is caused by ESB as much as the prequels.

Obi-Wan never owned a droid.

Master Tang pls

OBI-WAN, GIVE THIS LIGHTSABER TO MY UNBORN SON WHEN HE IS OLD ENOUGH

I don't like lava. It's gooey and hot and deadly and it burns everywhere.

> I ATE YOU!
What did he mean by this?

youtube.com/watch?v=WBuggMdUbog

>I get why 3PO has a human-like personality, since his job is to interact with people
But why did Anakin make his droid gay?

Because Anakin is robosexual.

R2 belonged to Padme
Jedi aren't even allowed to own things

>R2 belonged to Padme
Did they fug?

EWAN OBI MOVIE WHEN

REEEEEEEEE

>Obi-Wan is a fucking liar
He always was. "From a certain point of view" was bullshit that he said to cover his ass and trick Luke into continuing to believe him. Hell, he himself got pissed at Vader for using the same line.

You know the rule.

Better question. Why would Battle droids not only be programmed with human emotions. But be deliberately be programmed to be worthless and incompetant.

I HATE JEWS

>Happy beep.

He never owned a droid, particularly not R2. The R4 unit built into his fighter didn't belong to him, and R2 belonged to the Naboo and was on loan to Anakin.

Trying to fit the pieces together from the movies I come up with this:
>battle droids have some sort of simulated mind to give them situational awareness and limited adaptability. They can follow orders and coordinate efforts, but this mind is ultimately very stupid compared to other droids.
>So tactics, logistics, and strategy are handled by a central intelligence unit which I'll call a CIU. As long as the CIU exists the droids can function. It sends orders, the droids follow.
>Droids make decisions on their own unless it's considered tactically or strategically important. The CIU doesn't need to know if droid #4484 arrested some jedi or got into a firefight. It needs to know if the droid won or not, and how the fight panned out.
>So a droid will typically act on its own and inform the CIU of the details.
>in TPM the first encounter with the droids had them getting their shit wrecked. The CIU adapted by bringing the shielded fuckers in for the second round. By AotC bigger, better battle droids had been developed because the CIU now knows Jedi are a real threat. In RotS the CIU is shut down. We don't see many battle droids at all after that because unlike other droids they aren't smart enough to repurpose.

captcha: great attention

youtube.com/watch?v=hN74bOubUug

Obi Wan never owned neither R2D2 nor C3PO what the hell.

He fobbed them off Bail Organa in Revenge of the Sith after Luke and Leia were born.

Luke did I ever tell you about General Grievous? He was an alien cyborg with 4 arms who could fight with lightsabers. He would hunt down jedi and steal their lightsabers for him to use in his 4 arms.
Jedi Master Mace Windu crushed his chest cavity causing him to cough a whole lot near the end of his life.
We battled many times, our last battle he was riding a big wheel and I was on a giant dinosaur, I shot him in the heart.
He was not a good friend.

What did Raimi mean by this?

You can't just, like, "own" a droid maaan. Droids are people too you know.

Why did Anakin (A slave working for a mechanic) build a robot who's job was to interact with people?

>Jedi Master Mace Windu crushed his chest cavity causing him to cough a whole lot near the end of his life.

But Ben, my Uncle Owen said that's not canon anymore.

To help his Mother around the house. She was a lonely woman obviously. He just left before he could finish the automated pleasure pumper 9000

You're Uncle Owen is a kike, Luke.

Your Uncle Owen is a drunk faggot and I fucked Beru on a number of non-consecutive occasions. How you like that canon, farmboy?

they brought R2 to the throne room to be commended by the naboo queen m8

Anakin was Lonely.
He was going to use him in his Slave / Space Angel role-plays. Threepio's role was the Slave.

Naboo's were the bleeding hearts of the galaxy.
That's why Sheev left in the first place.

R2 has basically been a spy for the Rebels ever since the republic went belly up, and is the only character, arguably, to have been privy to most of the actual story from episode 1 thru 6.

I'm quoting from the guy who originally postulated that rebel spy theory but I like to assume that Obi Wan's line was code for "You keep out of this, [R2] I'm not ready to tell him everything just yet," regarding Luke's lineage.

underrated

>Assigning significance to childrens flicks

Wat did he assburgers by this?

WHY
FUCKING WHY

R2D2 maybe but C3PO wouldn't do anything useful and would just scream about.

Luke cared more about the objects than his own uncle's death.

Droid lives matter. Stay woke.

>Vader hates Tatooine cause of bad memes

>Vader turns 2 toast on Mustafar...
Builds Castle

What did he mean by this?

That's the greatness of Empire though.

Both Obi-Wan and Yoda outright lie to Luke, and use him to hopefully destroy Vader.

The last remnants of the "good in the galaxy" are users and manipulators.

It paints everyone in a shade of grey, especially compared to Vader reaching out to his son from the Star Destroyer, pleading with him to see "reason" and help him in his seemingly virtuous quest to destroy the Emperor and bring peace to the galaxy.

Both Vader and Obi-Wan believe they are right, and are willing to bend the truth to get their way.

I've read the 3PO never actually gave Owen his name/designation. Which is a bit of a stretch, I figure even someone like Owen who seems to treat droids like tools more than the other protagonists would want to keep a record or something, but there you are.

It's still a bit of a stretch. Same voice, same mannerisms, and wasn't R2 with Anakin when he visited in Episode II?

So he was shit at everything, and they had retard droids, but instead of reprogramming them with an actual intelligent AI, they just left them? Makes perfect sense.

Obi-Wan is obviously talking about what he thinks/knows Anakin would have wanted had he not turned to the darkside. He wasn't literally saying "Your dad said "give this to my son""

Technically Obi-Wan never owned either. C3P0 was made by Anakin and then given/loaned to Padme. R2D2 was Naboo equipment on the Queen's ship that then became Anakin's property somewhere during AotC. Any time Obi took R2 on a mission it was as a loaner from Anakin.

This is just like claiming Darth Vader killed Luke's dad. It's true, from a certain point of view.

He didn't own r2, it was naboos and then it was given to anakin