Rouge

Did anyone else get "Fan-Fiction" vibes from this movie?

Like it felt really bad and awkward at times, particularly before the third act

The music was also really fucking bad. It felt like the kind of music a TV show would play when they want to copy the music of a famous movie and give it's feel, but without paying the copyright, so it's just different

Then the ending scene with Vader, which was probably the best part, made me laugh at the sheer Schlock, was just pure fan-service thrown in.

It was all kind of silly. If it wasn't for the decent production values of the battle it would have been really, really bad.

Other urls found in this thread:

uproxx.com/movies/rogue-one-dominates-box-office/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>"Fan-Fiction" vibes
>sheer Schlock

does everyone on this board just watch RLM instead of movies?

I just started watching the RLM, those are just accurate words

Nah this film felt like a real prequel to the og trilogy. Force awakens felt like shit fan fiction

This was definitely worse than TFA and I loathe TFA lol

I mean this is probably more watchable because it has more action but it was pretty bad

CGI Tarkin is also an affront to cinema

That's what I got from the Trailers so I didn't even pay for this shit.

uproxx.com/movies/rogue-one-dominates-box-office/

So you just read something online and decided to pass it on as your own opinion?

Where's my good will hunting image folder when i need it?

Nope just finished watching it. Apparently i came to a very obvious conclusion that others also came too.

go away mike and jay

>Schlock

I Get My Opinions from RLM: The Post

He's a friendless faggot who won't go see RO alone so he didn't see it at all.
RLM is his friend simulator and you're damn right they have the same opinions.

>Did anyone else get "Fan-Fiction" vibes from this movie?
No, I got that from TFA.

>lol
You don't belong here.

>Did anyone else get "Fan-Fiction" vibes from this movie?

A little. But I realised that's only because this is the first SW movie not about Jedi/Skywalkers and all that stuff. It's always been left to EU and fan fiction until now.

That vibe should wash off soon enough. It also helps that R1 feels more like a proper SW film to me than any of the prequels did and even somewhat more than TFA

The problem is that the perception of Star Wars has been warped in your mind.

You are under the impression that the OT and the accompanying EU wasn't pure pulp shlock and that somehow the franchise is less serious than what it once was.

It's like they read a list of "TOP 10 THINGS WE WANT TO SEE IN ROGUE ONE" and then built a movie out of that. It was shit. In 6 months everyone will be admitting it was shit.

They have a strong influence on the weak-minded.

>this week will be nothing but memesters regurgitating RLM's kneejerk opinions
Yeah, fuck this shit, I'm out.
See you next year.

>decent story
>no mary sue characters (albeit they lack characterization)
>great pacing after the first 20 minutes of WTF-cuts
>amazing battle scenes
>amazing space battle
>fan service out of left field and done amazingly
>fucking red and gold leaders
>fucking vader

>worse than TFA

LOL upvoted!

Did rogue one have oc donut steel character that get to meet the original characters, and the original characters were wowed by the new ones because the new characters were better than the old in every way?

>oc donut steel character

huh

>no mary sue characters (albeit they lack characterization)
It had no characters at all if we're being serious here. Jyn "my parents are dead, feel bad for me" Erso and Cassian "ur not teh only 1 who has suffererd Iforgethislastname were bland, boring, cardboard cut-outs.
The blind wonder and his merc buddy were a comic relief gag, the droid's jokes mostly fell flat. The white-caped bad guy was generic as fuck, but at least he was somewhat human, unlike his CGI boss.

There were other characters like the cave nig and the pilot but I can't remember anything about anybody else, and I saw the movie not two days ago.

>amazing battle scenes
>amazing space battle
The good battle scenes accounted for probably 20% of the film's runtime and honestly it feels like it was less than that.
>master switch is a literal switch in the middle of a fucking beach instead of inside the main building
yeah ok

>fan service out of left field and done amazingly
If lazy forced cameos and blue milk are what you consider amazing then I've got some news for you. Only decent fanservice was probably the squadron leaders (again, only accounting for a few minutes of runtime)

>vader
>one scene with a lame dad joke
>one scene that was pure kino
not enough to save this mess of a movie

>master switch to route your coms through a terminal happens to be somewhere close to that terminal

LOL THIS IS A PLOTHOLE!

retard

Why are you even here?

Here we go. Now we se the effects of RLMs Half In The Baaaaaaaag.
I watched Rogue One last wednesday and I liked it., There were parts that were cringy BUT that didn't make the whole movie bad for me. I watche HITB last night and that didn't change my opinion about R1 at all. They didn't like it, I liked it. We like different things and that's just the way it is.

They are fucking everywhere. Robots (not r9k), all of them.
I start to think RLM publishes incoherent, contradictory reviews just to fuck with them.