Why in the hell did they cut out so much. the directors cut makes this movie infinitely better

why in the hell did they cut out so much. the directors cut makes this movie infinitely better.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IqeyI1RPz6o
twitter.com/AnonBabble

no idea. its crazy how much better it is though.

ridely scotts films seem to have a history of being cut too much. the guy is an incredible artist so it makes me wonder if studios and producers keep fucking him.

i don't think ridley even got any awards for this. what was out that year that was any better.

sin city, batman beigns, walk the line, broken flowers came out that year.

and for those fanboys, hitch hikers and serenity came out that year.

When was the last time you saw a 4 hour movie in theaters.

literally every peter jackson film,

the directors cut is 3 hrs though.

oh and brokeback mountain, but fuck that overrated piece of shit.

should've cut orlando bloom out of the film entirely tbqh

Or is it him being a holier-than-thou pain in the ass who comes from advertising and constantly clashes with coworkers and executives?

It does, the movie is night and day from theatrical to director's cut. The final battle felt anti-climactic in the theatrical, and felt big and epic and earned in the directors cut. Just thinking about it makes me want to watch it again, it's so good.

Gods & Generals

Orlando Bloom was shit in it.

They should have cut him out entirely, kept liam neeson alive and made him the protagonist. It would have been crusade KINO for generations to come.

literally anachronistic post-modernist ideology injected jewshit - the movie

Because studios can be stupid

Its a metaphor for how all non roman catholic, """""christians""""" will burn in Hell

>le atheistic hospitaller
>le good saladin
>le evil renald
>le 'the christians were the bad guys who started aggression rather than respond to 100s of years of islamic invasion'
>le evil templars

>why in the hell did they cut out so much. the directors cut makes this movie infinitely better.
literally the first question asked in this interview
youtube.com/watch?v=IqeyI1RPz6o

DUDE VIOLENT CHRISTIANS KILLED TONS OF INNOCENT MUSLIMS LMAO

But it was all true

Yeah and the Mongols and Roman Empire killed more.

Yet we think thet are badasses

no, it would have had some random old dude no one knew except STAR WARS and you expect liam neeson would have boned eva green? get REAL NIGGA

why limit to just crusade

king kong lol

(You)

>and you expect liam neeson would have boned eva green? get REAL NIGGA

someone post the water bottle pasta

I watched the director's cut and it was 2long4me, I had to turn it off halfway through and resume the next day. My attention span only goes for about 2 hours.

>Counts literally every battle fought between Muslims and non-Muslims
>Doesn't even mention the minor crusades

is this another one of those "crusade fantasy" threads? you boys wouldn't be of knightly degree, just poor stupid peasant levies with shovels whose fate it was to be slaughtered

There's no post that's even close, you idiot.

This movie was based if you just took it for what it was which is a dramatization of the Crusades that had to pick a side and picked the easier one for audiences to swallow. Thinking deeper than that into it will just make you frustrated. I watched it with a massive hangover so I don't remember much because I was falling in and out of sleep but I did watch the parts I didn't remember another time and thought it was p good.

it's all about the runtime. that's it.

>Serenity
god i hate that movie

you'd be a catamite without even the decency to resent it

Dude we hold our self to a higher standard lmao

Is this what started the "what did he mean by this" meme?

>Yet we think thet are badasses
Many people consider Mongols to be complete savages. Who the hell thinks Mongols are badass?

Both where bad and good.

thinking the world is black and white shows how retarded you are.

Grow up.

Real talk?

Fox probably funded the film because they'd seen how successful LOTR had been and wanted in on that dolla.

Ridley Scott took the dolla but wanted to make a political film about culture clashes, diplomacy and imperialism (with a couple of fight scenes along the way.) He also wanted to criticize western wars in the middle east (you see this in Body of Lies as well) and wanted to create a general "western imperialism" analogy. Oh, and it was very obviously R rated, with some really grim scenes.

So he makes the film and sends it off to Fox, who, understandably, are horrified. They have a complex, action-lite film about politics which is incredibly critical of western (especially american) foreign policy that they now have to sell to mainland USA.

So they cut it down as much as possible to simplify the political aspects and get it down to a PG rating. An extremely similar thing happened with Exodus: Gods & Kings (except this time it was Ridley being anti-old-testament, not anti-imperialism) where they cut the film to make it more appealing to traditional america. It's a pity we'll never see the exodus DC - the film which christian bale talked about "portraying god as a psychopath" and moses as a schizophrenic.

I don't know why this always happens to ridley scott. A wild guess is that maybe his tactic is to massively misrepresent the film he's making to studios, and basically just do his own thing, in the knowledge that he'll eventually get a cut of it out that he likes. I dunno.

does it explain why a blacksmith is also an expert at siege tactics, agriculture and happens to be amazing with a sword with minimal training?

he's more Mary Sue than Rey

jesus, the logical hoops you have to jump through to justify your racism are incredible.

you can't compare "muslim battles" to the crusades. That's like comparing "battles carried out in china in the 1800s" to "all battles carried out by asians ever"

user i hate to break it to you but this film has been a Sup Forums favourite for nearly 10 years now

it's you that's in the wrong place

>It's a pity we'll never see the exodus DC - the film which christian bale talked about "portraying god as a psychopath" and moses as a schizophrenic.
Wow, this sounds like a completely different film. What the fuck, Fox?

RS said that something to the tune of his "ideal cut" for Exodus being 5 hours long.

but as much as I'd like to see it, you can't blame Fox. Imagine having to sell a film which basically says "god was evil" to the USA. Fuck that.

You do kinda get suggestions of it in the theatrical release. The creepy god character is filmed exactly like you'd film a fucking demon in a horror movie, and he has some real nasty speeches if you actually listen to what he says.