I’m so disappointed Sup Forums...

I’m so disappointed Sup Forums. I recently purchased some nice audio technicas to finally upgrade from my apple earpods, but I’ve been left thoroughly disappointed. I’ve always been told that I had no idea what I was missing, and experiencing a pair of high quality cans would change my perspective of music, but I just haven’t experienced this. Yes, they’re better than my EarPods, but not so much that the EarPods pale in comparison. Anyone else feel the same way?

What's the quality of the audio files you're listening to? It's not going to change music as you know it but it will definitely have a noticeable clarity.

These are the most normie headphones on the market. You fell for the meme. Open backs are the patrician choice

I have Spotify premium and listen at 320 kbps

Open back headphones just aren’t practical when you want to use them everywhere you go. If I listened exclusively in my apartment alone then I would go for open back

You have to make a sacrifice for sound quality if you plan on using your headphones outside. Just can't beat an open back sound, but it's only practical for indoor use. Or if you're rich gang, buy the new sennhesiers that are closed back but have amazing sound. They're $2k.

I have a pair of Bose QuietComfort's and honestly, i agree. there might be a difference if you listen to flac files but how do you even go about storing flac? i've used iTunes all my life so buying Apple Music was the logical thing to do, kind of wish i got Tidal instead now

Maybe it's your PC soundcard. I use an external audio interface with a built-in soundcard and headphones sound amazing on it. The layers are discernibly more open sounding and clear.

Hmm i was planning to buy this ones. Tell me pls did you try them only on your iphone or via PC too?

Both. Don’t get me wrong, they aren’t bad by any means, just a bit underwhelming. About on par with any other headphones in their price range. I think I might just have an untrained ear.

Shoulda got hd569's
Hell even 40x sound better than 50x
>bose

There's your problem, pirate some flacs

Sennheiser HD600, amazing headphones, would recommend, best headphones before the prices start going really high

Will not be noticable on these shit headphones.

They have an absolute shit soundstage, you're better of with a beyerdynamic dt 770

It took me a few days to actually appreciate them.
Are you a producer or artist? Because these headphones aren’t best for commercial use. Learn about flat frequency and all that shit. You’re hearing the “raw” version of what you’re hearing as opposed to the “boosted” version from your regular pods. It isn’t supposed to make it sound better necessarily

You guys don't know jack shit about what you're talking about.

Saying 320kbs is the 'problem' and he needs FLACs or that the m50xs are shit lmao.

320kbs is great, V0 is great, FLAC is great too, but it's more for archival purposes since it can be safely transcoded.

You aren't going to hear big differences unless you drop to below 192kbs honestly. You will, but anyone who says otherwise is overly defensive and insecure about their expensive purchases and just wants you to think you just don't 'get it'

M50s are great. Bad headphones make bad quality music sound normal and good quality music sound normal.
Good headphones make bad quality music sound bad and good quality music sound good.

12 years as a sound engineer btw.

This has to be bait

Spotify is garbage even with premium you dip

In my experience with every headset I've had, the initial reaction is disappointment because you're expecting something drastic when really it's the subtleness that changes, unless you have really expensive equipment. Also, you need to "burn in" your headphones by getting 100 hours of play on them.Some people think it's a physical change, but I think it's really just you getting used to it.

maybe you should have done some research for yourself instead of picking the first thing you see mentioned on reddit or tech nerd youtube channels

having said that, they are still significantly better than earpods. if you can't tell much of a difference your ears are defective and better equipment would be lost on you anyway

ignore all posts above, especially those about flac

the truth is it takes a few days/weeks for your brain to adjust to the sound of new headphones

most headphones I've owned has sounded pretty bad early on

My experience with ATH M50x's, I absolutely love the sound and their frequency response, but the build quality is pure shit. for the approx 4 years I've owned my pair, one of the pins on the shitty plastic yokes has been broken for approx 4 years less 2 or 3 months. Luckily hasn't made them nonfunctional.
Comparing them to my new Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pros, I prefer the frequency response of the Audio Technicas, and also like how the cups can be rotated for storage.

This. Even if I'm not going out in public as much as I used to, I still value the ability to be antisocial and plug myself into music in a room with other people in it.

I thought the same after purchasing my 90€ over-ears, after years of 10-20€ in ears. I used the headphones for a few weeks and was a little disappointed in how little difference I heard. Then I tried out my old in ear again, and holy mother of god, I love my over ears now, because my old headphones sounded like shit.

Is this m40x or m50x?

But it's 320kbps

I was going to get M50x but looked into them (as in beyond the hype) and saw they actually aren't that good. Its like the normie headphone of non normie headphones if that makes sense.

I instead got some ATH MSR7's instead and they sound much better.

i make music on my m50s primarily and i want to upgrade. yeah, i have a nice monitor system but i work on music ~a lot~ and the noise is an issue bc of my living situation. m50s work for me and i know how to mix with them so that they sound good on my monitors, but i sort of am curious if a more detailed headphone would help me go further with my music.

>and saw they actually aren't that good.

yeah, that's bullshit. there is a reason they are by far the most recommended over the ear headphones. you're not going to do much better for $150

>they sound much better.

and how in the fuck would you know? your only exposure to m50's was that you "looked into them", which I gather means you read about them on the internet.

Who the fuck uses a fucking set of cans to listen in public lmao

That's literally the only time it's acceptable to use earbuds

I had the same feeling when i upgraded from EarPods. The biggest difference was sound volume, and a bit better lows, which brings me to conclusion that EarPods are fucking great

>he fell for the Audio Technica meme

name better headphones for this price

I tried and tested them as well, looking into them doesn't imply I only swallowed other ppls opinions faggot.

Also this is the music board, people are asking for headphones for music, thats why I said they are bad. M50x are amazingly clear but suck to listen to music in and have highs that are too high.

buying headphones for sound quality is a meme, should just look for the most comfortable

The whole life is a meme. Isn't it?

This guy gets it

ATH-M40x are better and cheaper.

Don't listen to the open back fags. One of the main draws of headphones is that they enable you to privately listen to music. With open backs, everyone can easily hear what you're listening to. Also, because the backs are open they offer no isolation from ambient noise, so to get the most out of them you would need to be sitting alone in a quiet room, with windows closed and the AC off. I don't think an "open soundstage" really makes up for these drawbacks.

How?

KYS

Would anyone mind giving me a good site to buy headphones at? Don't want to use amazon kek

t. listens to the flattest sounding headphone with no amp or equalizer and wonders why it sounds like ass

superlux rivals anything less than 150 bucks for just 30.either go big or buy the thai knockoffs with slightly worse build quality for a fifth of the price

It is not noticable on $1000 headphones either. You need a really high end amp and insanely expensive cans to be able to discern the difference. 320kbps is fine for 90% of audio equipment. Flac is just a meme, which is good for storage and file preservation but not practical at all.

what makes it not practical? what are you gaining from creating mp3s of your archived music instead of listening directly to the flacs? if it's just the storage space, there exist music players where that is not a problem.

Personally for me, I keep my favorite albums on my phone as FLACs and other music as 320k mp3s. Not many people can afford to have 100 megabytes for a single song that they can otherwise get in 10mb without any noticable loss in quality. And it is just not convenient to carry around 2 devices, one for music and another phone.

It's not that the M50x is bad, it's more that the earpods are surprisingly really good. I have like $1300 in headphone shit and still usually end up using my earpods.

i agree that listening to flac is not a good idea with limited space, but i disagree that two devices is some massive inconvenience