What will it take for this sport to die?

What will it take for this sport to die?
I keep hearing it's losing popularity slowly, but it still dominates the national sports landscape.

When America stops being white

When America stops being black

When Kaepernick wins an owl

Probably when Tom Brady retires

This. Chicanos doesn't like handegg

Nobody cares outside of the United States, so its more apt to say it's dead everywhere but here

the rise of esport's'

Jamals play football. Chads play lacrosse

Literally esports are more popular here, nothing against lax personally tho

When the sport becomes pacified so much that you can't touch players any more

you mean trustfund stick

Soon though.

> Someone needs to die on the field for it to go the Boxing way, become a niche sport

> Football players decide to strike and miss a complete season which will absolutely infuriate the fans and turn them away, which will lead to a boost in popularity for Baseball who suffered the most from their 94 strike

Latter seems more likely as they've been teasing us with striking. I expect Bryce Harper 400m contract to be the last straw for these niggers

Nonsense. Where there's Mexicans in America, there are Mexican football fans. Check out the Raiders and Cowboys fanbases.

It's unfortunate because football players deserve to make as much as any athlete but due to the nature of the sport, (short season, huge teams), those kinds of contracts aren't really feasible.

They only wear raiders gear as a gang thing though. Maybe 4 of them could tell you who their coordinators are

Yeah exactly but they should at least be going for guarenteed contracts.

Most Mexican sports fans here follow their hometown soccer teams

First gen immigrants might be soccer fans but their kids usually aren't. Go down the line 2-3 more generations and they all watch the same sports as white people.
No doubt. Good luck getting owners to agree though considering how many players get injured every season.

Yeah a lot of them are starting to watch mls teams, soccer as a whole is getting bigger and bigger here, very soon I think the most sports fans in the United States will list soccer as their favorite

Yeah ans also a lot of these football players are total chads who live paycheck to paycheck immediately wasting it on a night out to the strip club. These idiots wouldn't survive a strike, especially since they can't just go to a well paying foreign league like Baseball/Basketball can.

They are basically fucked and the Owners will never lose.

They don't say anything about baseball contracts because

>whyte pepo

They only complain about what NBA players are making

I doubt it. MLS is just too weak of a league in terms of skill level. No doubt there will be more fans of the sport but the MLS won't be closing the gap any time sooner.

I think the sport which will benefit the most out of NFL falling off is MLB. NBA has more or less rached its peak, there's not much else you can do when you are marketing the players over competition/teams.

no, but Hispanics do.

where the fuck is "here"?

you've clearly never been to a game at Mile High Stadium.

It's on borrowed time. They are playing it loose with all the CTE shit that's be coming down the pipe.

You'll eventually see all the Shabooboo's and Bon Qui Qui's band together, launch a class action lawsuit, and btfo the league because DeShan Lawnchairius fucked his shit up after being dealt all that brain trauma.

>soccer as a whole is getting bigger and bigger here,

We keep hearing this, but there's just evidence.

Latest Harris Poll (industry standard) shows that only 4% of Americans have soccer as their favorite sport.

EPL games draw about the same as women's golf and US Men's national team games will lose to the likes of women's softball in the ratings.

World Cup matches aren't a good indicator. Americans tune in for the "event" and not necessarily to watch soccer, just like millions will watch Michael Phelps in the Olympics.

And there's not enough 1st gen/illegal Mexicans to make "soccer happen."

>We keep hearing this, but there's just evidence.

*just no evidence

>US Men's national team games will lose to the likes of women's softball in the ratings.

you know I would totally go to a women's softball game...just make it wicked comfy like minor-league baseball.

Now.

some fairly recent star going full CTE.

>at
>skiing
feels bad

never, it's just a liberal meme to feminize men so they eliminate a masculine sport. look at how old boxers speak compared to old football players, CTE is bullshit

This.

>They only wear raiders gear as a gang thing though. Maybe 4 of them could tell you who their coordinators are
>proofs?