We all agree that the Second Amendment was worded poorly by 2016 standards...

We all agree that the Second Amendment was worded poorly by 2016 standards. ITT rewrite it so that all americans can agree on the meaning, and foreigners will stop making jokes about it.

Here is my version: All american citizens have the right to keep and bear arms, provided they pass a background check yearly. Any type of hand-held weapon shall be legal.

Common sense gun laws are good for all of us.

Other urls found in this thread:

sturmgewehr.com/forums/index.php?/topic/3573-wts-german-leopard-1-main-battle-tanks-3-125000-pics/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The founding fathers wrote it with common sense.
No need to change it

don't need it. Don't care.

Nobody is coming after handguns nor are they coming after hunting rifles. What these anti-gun lobbyists are coming for is automatic guns and rifles.

It doesn't matter, it never will. There's a stand still right now. Even if we did outlaw auto rifles. Mexico can just import the mother fuckers. So some dude looking to shoot up a school can still buy the shit from his local drug dealer or biker gang.

None of it matters anyways. We don't need automatic weapons if it's necessary to overthrow this dictatorship we call a government.

>all of us
:^)

Nothing wrong with the original.

SHALL NOT BE FUCKING INFRINGED UPON BY SPINELESS FUCKING LIBERALS IN PANTSUITS

>automatic guns and rifles
Where? I own 12 "assault weapons" and I've never even seen an automatic rifle.

Yes, guns are evil, goy! Stay away from them! Oy vey!

>provided they pass a background check yearly

SHALL

a 2016 version would just read "#RightToArms" so the new dumbfuck generation could understand it

>I've never even seen an automatic rifle.

Fucking pleb, I've visited the states 2 and even I got to hold one... Didn't get to BBRRRT BRRRT unfortunately due to ammo draught in the Obamania..

>All American citizens are entitled to the right to defend themselves with whatever weaponry they see fit.

You do know the 2nd ammendment is an "ammendment". It was not in the original Constitution, it can be changed.

>Any type of hand held weapon shall be legal

Fucking sweet, I've always wanted a Javelin launcher!
*chkFOOOM* motherfuckers, fuck your tanks

>ITT rewrite it so that all americans can agree on the meaning, and foreigners will stop making jokes about it.

OK "We keep our guns, you kill yourself"

I have one that may reduce gun-related homocides by half:

"Guns are for whites only. Any black or latino minority in the United States shall be immediately incarcerated for owning live ammunition, firearms, or attempting to purchase such."

The Bill of Rights was specifically designed to never be changed.

the 2nd amendment was in the bill of rights you fucking retard

Maybe, but the last people who tried it died.

>We all agree that the Second Amendment was worded poorly by 2016 standards.

No we dont

Automatic rifles already require an elusive Class II license, retard, and even then no new ones can be made or imported.

But it's not

Shall not be infringed is straight forward

Reword it so that every citizen must own at least one rifle, and should go target practicing at least once a week.

Start with everyone can keep whatever arms they want. Revoke license if convicted of a crime.

Or just leave the amendment alone.

White Americans have the right to own and carry any weapons they deem appropriate to protect themselves.

Jefferson's authenticated version -- with the two useless commas removed -- is fine.

>background check every year......

Why not just make it every hour, huh? Really makes you think.

People on the Internet fall for racist Trump campaign, fall for the regressive left propaganda and fall for the guns control campaign again.

My recommendation to you guys will be this. Gun control works if and only if you have a very strict border policy, even much more than a Trump wall.

A ban on guns will create a black market impossible to control and impossible to chase, when the profits on something is to high, the market will always be there.

For example drugs, the government declaring the war on drugs and what that has accomplish?

All americans have the right to bear arms under military controll.

Aka all americans have to serv in the army all americans can be drafted to bear arms. All americans that dont serv have no rights and are no americans.

SHALL

No new automatic guns may be made or imported for civilian sale after spring 1986. What autos we have are therefore over 30 years old. The floor price for the cheapest auto, MAC subguns, is about 7000 dollars in addition to a 200 dollar tax stamp and minimum 8 month background check performed by the ATF.

These things aren't just rolling around the street.

The right of every American citizen to own and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

This guy knows his shit.

Price to produce an M249? Around $4000 a unit.
Price to purchase one that was produced before 1986? Last one I saw at a show was $120k
It's fucking MADNESS.
I have no problem being chummy with the ATF, and letting them do their gay ass evaluation period, background check, paperwork, etc, but what's the fucking point if you aren't willing to take out a mortgage on some SMALL ARMS.

And I suppose freedom of speech only refers to ye olde american speak rather than the new words that have been added since then.
That only refers to muskets arguments is one of the stupidest things I've heard considering how there were automatic machine guns when it was declared.

>What autos we have are therefore over 30 years old.

I know.. The one I held was a classic Colt M16 that was likely older than that, at least the lower was. It also wasn't legally registered as a machine gun because the owner didn't actually live in a free state.

>These things aren't just rolling around the street.

They sort of are, but most people that have them tend to be wary of sharing that information.

>I have no problem being chummy with the ATF, and letting them do their gay ass evaluation period, background check, paperwork, etc, but what's the fucking point if you aren't willing to take out a mortgage on some SMALL ARMS.

Don't most people buy them for investment reasons or collections these days? I mean I can sort of imagine dropping $5000,- on a shitty mac10 for 'BRRTBRRT' fun, but 120k is a bit steep JUST for a fun time.

I would say the way its done in Finland is the best, you can get a gun if you are decent person and have a real reason to own a gun, eg. active reservist, ipsc, hunting etc. The Usa way of doing this is pretty wierd, you get a gun, he gets a gun, everyone gets a gun, yes?
Here comes the big but.
ITS WRITTEN IN THE FUCKING CONSTITUTION, ITS THE ULTIMATE LAW SO WHAT THE FUCK ARE LEFTIST CRYING?

>120K
>investment reasons
>collections
>for fun

Ever heard of suppressing fire, toothpaste? 200 rounds of belt-fed 5.56 @ 100 RPM is REALLY nice to have. The price is complete arbitrary nonsense bullshit. I can literally buy a whole case of M67 grenades with an explosives license for less than that.

Don't touch the 2nd amendment - it's borderline untouchable

Change psychiatric & counter-terrorism laws:
For the period you're considered dangerous or under investigation, you are not considered an American citizen. Hence, a bunch of rights no longer apply to you.

Done.

>We all agree that the Second Amendment was worded poorly by 2016 standards.

Nothing relevant has changed between then and now.

>What these anti-gun lobbyists are coming for is automatic guns and rifles.

automatics have been illegal for years.

what is the Brady Bill.

idiot.

No, they worded it badly. They should have specified that "the people" have the right to bear arms, not just "militias"

Also OP:
>one post by this id

>Ever heard of suppressing fire, toothpaste? 200 rounds of belt-fed 5.56 @ 100 RPM is REALLY nice to have.

Yeah, if you're a serviceman that gets one from his boss, or if you could buy one at market value... Not for $120.000,- (one hundred and twenty thousand dollars).

>The price is complete arbitrary nonsense bullshit. I can literally buy a whole case of M67 grenades with an explosives license for less than that.

My point exactly. If you've got 120k laying around to blow on weaponry, I think you can make better choices than to blow it all on a single LMG that may or may not catastrophically fail with prolonged use because it's fucking old.

yeah but it's a trust indenture, as in the constitution isn't legal and binding without the bill of rights being law first, the bill of rights defines how the government can operate and states that without it the federal government does not legally exist

How about:
>People can own whatever the fuck they want, including any type of weapon.

>They should have specified that "the people" have the right to bear arms, not just "militias"

"THE RIGHT OF THE PEOPLE TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED"

Have you even read the 2nd Amendmend?

>We all agree that the Second Amendment was worded poorly by 2016 standards
No "we" don't.

>Nothing relevant has changed between then and now.
What are amendments 11 through 27?

>All american citizens have the right to keep and bear arms

No limitations and no barriers across state lines. No tax stamps no Conceal carry permits necessary. No laws or restrictions.

>The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED
Seems pretty clear to me

>1 post by this id
Stop replying to b8, shill, and slide threads people. There are more pressing matters to discuss in other threads

No fuck off you nigger

sorry no, psychiatry is a scam set up by a jewish con man named edward bernays, it's a political tool, they used to stick gay people in mental homes and give them lobotomies so they wouldn't embarrass their families

1 post by this id
1 post by this id
1 post by this id
1 post by this id
1 post by this id
1 post by this id

Nice 9gag-tier meme pic you have there, completely ignoring the fact that Mexico is an A tier shithole with huge gang and drug related problems, while Switzerland isn't.

>We all agree

Stop with these blatant weasel words, shill.

ALL AMERICANS CAN OWN A GUN OR MULTIPLE, FAGGOTS. ONLY WITH THE DUE PROCESS OF LAW MAY REMOVE THIS RIGHT FROM ANY ONE CITIZEN. LYNCH BLACKS

Every american citizen gets a nuke

>ammendment
>Britons in charge of spelling

We all know that the real reason Switzerland is better than mexico is because it's over 90% white, but that would upset the normies

>completely ignoring the fact that Mexico is an A tier shithole with huge gang and drug related problems, while Switzerland isn't.

That's more or less the point though: Other factors tend to be much more relevant to crime than the legal availability of firearms.

Fuck man, I just want a tank.

Are you posting that picture to take the piss or are you really that retarded?

I think that's the point.

it has nothing to do with guns really, it has to do with other societal problems.

so banning guns won't stop killing it will only make it's citizens less free, and less able to fight against government tyranny.

You can either have 50 queers getting shot in orlando or 1400 girls raped in rotherham, bad things will continue to happen unless you heal the rot in society.

EVERY. FUCKING. DAY.

love it or leave it

go back to India

Even without the 2nd amendment, the right to keep and bear arms would still exist as an inherent, natural right as our rights aren't granted to us by the government and gun control is not an enumerated power

Doesn't it seem reasonable to specify what "arms" and conditions they may be kept on, not for the safety of the government, but safety of the common man.

A well supplied militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

>trusting the government which you would rise up against and is the reason the amendment exists to do this

you people are fucking retards

Here's a better one:
"The Right of the People to bear arms to defend themselves from violence and tyranny,and bear weapons comparable to the infantry that they will support as members of the irregular Militia,may not be infringed upon. Any Representative or Senator who proposes any Statute,Law,or Amendment to restrict the Rights of the People has committed Treason,and shall be summarily executed by the first Citizen who may lay hands upon him."
Think that's clear enough to not need interpretation?

(With the exception of the individual commonly known as McNiggerator)

sturmgewehr.com/forums/index.php?/topic/3573-wts-german-leopard-1-main-battle-tanks-3-125000-pics/

they'd just get them as they cross the border after that

fuck off

SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED FAGGOT

FUCK OFF WITH YOUR SHILL THREAD

>A Jewless, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear ovens, shall not be infringed.

>Nobody is coming after handguns nor are they coming after hunting rifles
Oh but they will, and probably.
Never mind the fact that many people hunt with semi-automatics and use them in sports like 3-gun. Look at my own country for the future of gun control.

First they ban the assault weapons. This consists of your typical scary AR-15s, AK clones, etc. Lots of people used Leader SARs, SKSs, L1A1s and M1 Carbines here pre-1996 for hunting pigs and goats as they often appear in big mobs. These all got banned so those hunters had to give them up.

Then semi-automatic shotguns got caught up in the ban because they have the evil semi-automatic action. These were mostly waterfowl guns, even going back in time looking at pictures of our buyback you'll see the SA shotguns are even engraved with ducks and shit so even the mentally challenged know what it's made for. The rest of the semi-automatic shotguns were sporting guns or skeet/trap guns.

Then pump-action shotguns and semi-auto rimfires got caught up in the mix. They're banned too. Both are useful utilitarian guns, semi-auto rimfires mostly as guns for rabbits or toads, or for teaching kids. Pump-action shotguns for pigs and were just handy cheap guns to have around. Low capacity, low rate of fire, yet still got banned.

20 years later and lever-action guns are the new assault weapons. They ran out of actual scary things to ban and are now going after all repeating firearms, handguns too.

So they will come after hunting rifles. They will come after handguns. They'll just wait until everyone becomes used to there being no actual dangerous guns, then claim what's left should have been banned years ago.

Any mentally-able person above age 21 can submit to written and practical test in order to obtain a tier 1 firearm license.

>Tier 1 license = semi-automatic pistol

Any mentally-able person who's had a tier 1 firearm for a year can have his license re-evaluated and upgraded to tier 2 after written and practical tests.

>Tier 2 license = semi-automatic rifles

And so on.

Also, licenses can be temporarily suspended through a court order and permanently suspended only after the holder has been convicted of multiple gun-related crimes.

No niggers or muslims allowed

underrated

(((You)))

The right of the people to bear arms shall not be infringed.

I like your style OP, cutting out all the wordy language, and going for the juicy stuff.

>Here is my version: All american citizens have the right to keep and bear arms, provided they pass a background check yearly. Any type of hand-held weapon shall be legal. Any firearm projectile from the weapon cannot exceed .50 caliber in diameter in the case of a bullet and 12 gauge in the case of a shotgun. No gun firing bullets where unfired shells exceed 3 inches in length or bullets exceed 1 inch in length are allowed. No weapon holding more than 10 bullets when fully loaded is allowed. No magazine holding more than 10 bullets is allowed. No person may carry on his body outside of his home or vehicle more than 500 rounds of ammunition at any time. Also, any allowed weapon does not fire more than one cartridge for one trigger actuation. Open carry of long-arms is allowed in all 50 States by non-felons.

10/10

All Americans have a right to the weapons necessary to form a military.

>yfw this is the exact same meaning the writers intended

that's historically true.

Ignore this thread its a one post shill

>Current year meme
Yeah fuck off, you know cause it's 2016

>1(!) post by this ID

DO NOT EVER RESPOND TO THREADS OP DOES NOT POST IN.

we are being probed and noone gets it, for fuck's sake!

Fuck I should've saged

I was waiting to see the overall mood. I don't really like threads where the OP has a one-on-one conversation with 20 other people.

Having said that, I am glad to see that many of you have progressive ideas and agree with Milo yesterday and Trump's recent position that we need to compromise on guns in america. 49 people shot dead because some nobody was having issues is not acceptable.

Get fucked, commie.

Google Kimveer gill.

Canadacuck Indian who shot up his school with a Beretta Storm. He had a restricted license to own it which requires everything that OP suggests plus more. It takes months and months of background checks and waiting periods to get that kind of a gun in Canada and yet he still went full Klebold/Cho on his school.

Gun control does not work. I'll tell you what does work, is Vermont. No gun laws whatsoever regarding carrying. If you can legally own a gun you can carry it concealed and as a result there's hardly any crime because everybody is carrying.

>49 dead
>320.000.000 population

Shit shill, how about you fuck off to, where you came from. The weather is nice on reddit during this time of the year.

But remember terrorist bro was a security guard, so even if guns were illegal for civillians to own in the US he still could've got one.

He also passed psych tests to get the security guard job.

PAID SHILL

SHALL

>Any type of hand-held weapon shall be lega

fuck off I bet you're a yankee faggot - you have an enshrined right to own tanks and nukes yet you fucking want your little shooty gun? fucking faggot to the max I hope some bitch like you gets killed by dindus because they didn't use their GOD GIVEN RIGHT to place cannon entrenchments on their property

>compromise
>of your constitutional rights
>the amendment literally says "shall not be infringed"

WHY DOES ANYONE ON Sup Forums BOTHER RESPONDING TO THIS TREASONOUS SHIT!