NIGGERS NIGGERS NIGGERS!

BBC

>she's ugly
>male companion is also ugly as fuck
Wow who would've thought people liked seeing attractive people on screen

It flopped?

>Domestic: $162,920,977 57.7%
>Foreign: $119,217,016 42.3%

Ooof, that's gotta sting. Last I heard the media were talking about how well it was doing.

It's funny because people will deny this, but then the princess and the frog also flopped hard. I have a feeling that white Americans aren't as liberal as they like to pretend.

>she's ugly

Are we talking about the same protagonist ?

It's not Frozen or Zootopia numbers but that's far from flopping.

It'd still be #1 for a fourth weekend running of not for Rogue One.

Media is trying to spin fantastic beasts as an underperformer and they keep insisting this is doing better than frozen.

it's doing shit worldwide and it's chance at scoring high at domestic has just been killed by rogue one. disney films are cannibalizing each other.

>budget $150 mil
>box office $280 mil
>flop

It's no Frozen but they made a lot of money

Have you considered homosexuality?

>not wanting to make her moana

Fat.

Maui is hideous according to the legend. He's like Hephaestus

>Last I heard the media were talking about how well it was doing.

You didn't hear about Dr Strange underperforming domesticaly either did you?

The production budget was 150 million. Even without factoring in the advertising spend that is a certified flop.
Then consider that it is a children 3d animation.
Then consider that it is a Disney film.

It's a very significant flop given how much money it would have been projected to earn (It'd hazard they banked on min. 500 million worldwide).

Thicc

Dare I say (((the media)))?

>Media is trying to spin fantastic beasts as an underperformer

Citation needed. Literally no one is saying it underperformed. The only negativity I've heard is that it's merely okay instead of great (which is true).

Jew K Rowling trying to make lightning strike twice.

Brown. People.

I really liked it though

shit bait

Learn what flop means

>that is a certified flop

Based on what?

And the gross was 280 million. Disney almost made a 100% profit. Not counting merchandising, spinoff books and media.

there were a bunch of articles that came out exclaiming it was not likely to gross as much as harry potter. no shit.

weird because i thought it was better than the potter movies.

but even rogue one didn't get the best opening of the year and the overseas box office is a lot lower than expected yet again disney is making up obscure box office records on the spot

>baiting this hard

>>Domestic: $162,920,977 57.7%
>>Foreign: $119,217,016 42.3%
>budget 150M

Holy fuck how much did they spend in marketing? This looks really fucking bad

Can fantastic beasts save warner bros?

gross

like a brown chloe

Do we agree that it's superior to Steh Wehs as the Winter flick of 2016?

Fantastic Beast and the DCEU, they are set for life. Sony and Fox on the other hand are in trouble. Paramount is one Transformers flick flopping away of bankruptcy

>100% profit

Are you retarded? Why would you be on a television and film board if you can't even calculate basic profit?

The breakeven point for a film is generally considered to be double its producing budget, worldwide. Moana hasn't even managed to do that yet, plus as a Disney produced children animation it would have been expected to be a sure thing. Its performance is severely underwhelming.

Its opening weekend was less than Dr. Strange's which some criticized because Harry Potter movies are known to be insanely frontloaded. However it had really good legs especially overseas. Moana couldn't knock it out of top 1 in most countries other than the US.

>it was not likely to gross as much as harry potter. no shit.

So they were right? I wouldn't bank on a Harry Potter spinoff without the Harry Potter name attached making much either.

Predictions are just that and no one is claiming it's underperforming now.

She's ok but that nose is kind of a killer. Compare to an actual attractive princess

I saw it today, the entire cinema room was almost full of normies and their kiddies. Like only 10 seats empty.

I dont known what you are talking about, big guy.

To be honest movie was kinda boring, but visuals are damn orgasmic. Moana is hot IMO.

Studios get only like 60% of the gross the first week and then it goes down. Foreign gross is even worse because they have to pay foreign taxes, distributors etc. This movie is in DEEP shit so far

No, this is.
>no shitty fanservice
>no quips
>no overuse of meme characters like the niffler, which only got 2 scenes
>twist that literally no one saw coming

pure kino

I said almost, retard

Because most countries were busy watching anime kino.

>mfw Sup Forums said this would flop in china because chinks hate japs and now it's breaking records there

This board is never right.

i mean they considered it unlikely after it was released. beforehand some idiots thought it would be an instant billion based on the sole fact that the last HP movie made that much.

>I have a feeling that white Americans aren't as liberal as they like to pretend.
This.

They all like to act and say they're for multiculturalism and shit, but the simple fact is they've been programmed to think white = beautiful by the last century of media.

And it's not just white people, it's black and asians, too.

>it's an "this is what i experienced therefore everyone else must've experienced the same thing" episode

You have absolute shit taste. All those stronk wimmin and Dr. Who Newt Commander were meme as all fuck. And that Depp reveal was absolute hot garbage.

Consider and then proceed with suicide.

They didn't even profit you inbred faggot. If you don't understand basic shit then don't post about it.

Forgot to post the full article: blog.okcupid.com/index.php/race-attraction-2009-2014/

They were right, the movie wasn't cashing on the Harry Potter name (they could have gone full Mouse and called it Fantastic Beast: A Harry Potter Nostalgia Masturbation Flick but they didn't). It's actually overperforming especially overseas

They hired the Rock....for a voice role. a fucking VOICE ROLE. what in the ever-loving-fuck would make you hire THE MOTHERLOVN' ROCK for a role where you don't even see the guy? It makes no fucking sense. His charisma is 90% non-verbal, visual based on his aesthetics and his commanding presence.

Dr. Strange was being hailed as a success because it was the first marvel hero, aside from iron man, to gross that much on a cloudy day on november or some stupid shit like that. but it didn't even crack 700 million which is unusual considering it should've had a bump from civil war alone. Disney also thought it would do better because they assumed china was full of cumberbitches.

The Potter films were never good. Basically capeshit from a different source and geared towards the same audiences.

Funny thing is : Moana is animation kíno that legit made me spit a few tears (and what most importantly not during sad moments) Dr.Strange has DC film quality (hell, it's 99% similar to Green Lantern after all) and miles better than Civil War, with better sound, cinematography and memes, Rogue One is fucking centuries better than The Force Awakens, yet they all underperformed towards their more plebeian "company brothers and sisters".

Judging by this thread, racism.

He has a good singing voice. Glad we saw this side of him.

It's the same movie that we all watched at the same time, of course we experienced the same thing.

>stronk wimmin

not sure if this is another joke about redmayne being a chick because those 2 sisters were hardly strong and the muslim black female president was a shitty person all throughout

me too but I mean c'mon. If I'm going to see a movie with The Rock in it I actually want to see The Rock, know what I mean?

bitch it was autotuned as fuck

IT WAS THE HIGHER GROSSER DURING THE CELTIC SOLSTICE OF WINTER OF 2016 (CAPESHIT MOVIES ONLY) HAHAH A NEW RECORD THE MOUSE DOES IT AGAIN HOW CAN DKEKS EVEN COMPETE

because chinks and britbongs would rather watch a twink run around getting raped by animals than a nigger sailing

The NOT HERMIONE character was clearly a Mary Sue but Redditmayne was also awful (as usual) with his shitty tweedy Dr. Who bong impression.

>this meme again

You can find taped booth sessions on YouTube.

Uncomfortable truth is Frozen did well because people, especially Chinese, like White people, or at least like seeing them on screen & kids of all colors seem to prefer blonde dolls

>yet they all underperformed towards their more plebeian "company brothers and sisters".

Virtually everything released in the last six months has performed below expectations. Big studio stuff is still breaking even or turning a profit, but there have been dozens of smaller releases that lost double figure percentages of their budget. Comedies and dramas in particular have absolutely bombed across the board.

True. They can't make kíno successful, only fetish-fest, nostalgia-fest and "hey other company does hero vs hero based on limited series, we must do the same!".

>No hype
>Shittiest movie title known to man
>Warner bros too busy doing damage control for DC to market it properly
>People hating JKR for cursed child
>Release date dp'ed by two Disney flicks, while being forced to deepthroat another Disney/Marvel flick
>They didn't stick johnny depp front and center in the trailer
>Redmayne a literal who? outside of Sup Forums cucks who want to creampie his ass

I'm honestly surprised this film did as well as it did. It might even beat suicide squad soon.

>the black princess from frog princess consistently has the lowest selling merchandise
What did humanity mean by this

Black kids overwhelmingly prefer white dolls, it's pretty interesting. It's a well-known study.

I actually think she's a qt, and I liked the movie especially because it was 2D, but I'm not buying Disney Princess merchandise so I guess my opinion doesn't matter.

>Mary Sue
Which one? Tina? She literally did nothing except whine in the movie. She was far from perfect.

>butthurt that redmayne portrayed your autism accurately

kek

Hispanics too, because they think they are White

Princess and the Frog was legitimately a shitty movie though. So shitty it turned Disney off of 2D animation forever. They only have themselves to blame.

I actually very much enjoyed Moana. The animation was just so state-of-the-art.

Also I enjoyed Maui. And the crab was just so fucking sinister.

Pretty much, the demigod is fucking disgusting

Why would I want to look at that?

I know I liked it too. It's just strange that everybody was shitting their pants
>OMG FIRST DIZNEE BLACK PRINCESS
And the film bombed and the merch bombs. Is it the "vocal minority" syndrome again?

It has a GOAT villain though that's for sure

I think it's just a fact that some races are more physically attractive than others. Take me for instance, as a Western-educated southeast asian girl, I know my place and I know I'm less attractive than whites because I'm racially inferior. I think White males should be applauded for their individualism, creativity and ability to take charge.

A lot of Caucasian men assume we're into them because we think they're rich or have big penises, and while that certainly helps, the real reason we like them is because they're proven to be accomplished as a people.

I admit I used to buy into liberal feminist arguments that White patriarchy was to blame for all the world's problems, but if I'm being honest with myself, I don't think I would mind being used for sex if I think it will help advance your cause somehow. I realize now that's what my race is best at, we're not even the "good" kind of Asians with high IQs and organizational skills.

We're jungle gooks and I'm a jungle gook whore. So please treat me like a third world monkey slut. I promise to sucky, fucky and love you long time.

And I won't even charge you five dollars for it.

I suspect Moana would feel the same way if she ever met a White man as well.

BECAUSE NOT A SINGLE LILO & STITCH FUCKING REFERENCE ON THE ENTIRE MOVIE AT ALL

FUCKING STUPID DECISSION COMING FROM DIZZNEYS LITTLE SHIT'S

Turns out he can sing

>phantastic beasts had a bigger overseas opening weekend than rogue one
>bvs had a higher domestic opening than rogue one
>civil war had a higher domestic opening than rogue one
>viewership for rogue one down 50% worldwide compared to tfa
>2 million articles about rogue one BREAKING RECORDS MICKEY MOUSE PRINTING MONEY

really makes you think

>as a western-educated southeast asian girl
>I'm racially inferior

>programed
It's more likely people are more attracted to people of their own type.

It's hard to say whether it's a majority or a large minority, but the reality is that people love virtue signalling about "First x in x" or films about social issues, but virtually nobody actually wants to watch this stuff, so there is no follow through. Ever.

Fantastic Beasts did bomb Domestically, they are trying to get Deathly Hallows Part 2 numbers for it & it's not even close

kek'd

i dont even remember the villain much. he was a magician who lost to muggles and his song wasnt memorable, or something. the worst thing he did was step on a bug.

It wasn't shitty man, kids just don't want to watch 2D anymore when they've got big bubbly goofy retarded-looking minions and shit to placate them.

>Deathly Hallows Part 2 numbers

you're a fucking idiot. even WB isn't that stupid. if they were aiming for Deathly Hallows numbers they would've titled it Harry Potter 0, for one.

Thing is, no one cared about the Arabs in Aladdin or the Indian kid in Jungle Book, it bombed because kids don't like 2D & it just wasn't very good

Back in the day they tried to blame Pocahontas's failings on the same thing, even though just a couple of years before Aladdin was a massive success

I dunno maybe murricans just don't want to see a tropical island movie in the middle of winter

it was shitty because it branded itself as a disney film but we literally got a secret life of pets plot but with frogs

Nope, every studio is aiming for 1 billion plus now, 1 billion is the new 500 million

Look at Warcraft, for a cheap vidya movie, doing 500mil should have been a holy shit moment, but instead it won't get a sequel because it "bombed" despite turning a nice profit, it just wasn't good enough

Voodoo witch doctor from n'Orleans?
youtu.be/a1wOF8LFY2Q

>im not in the mood to watch a movie taking place on an island since it's christmas

why are americans so stupid, then? might as well call rogue one a tropical movie since they had a beach

If you look at the attached picture or read the article, you'll see that asian and latino men prefer white women over their own.

I don't usually take blogs as reliable sources.

>every movie that doesn't make 1 billion is a colossal flop

kill yourself

>blame the user for telling the truth instead of greedy Hollywood

warcraft was hardly a cheap movie. a $160 million budget already considered high for big studios. That's not even factoring in marketing. warcraft failed because assuming marketing pushed it's budget to $300 million (and that's being optimistic), it needed to make twice that amount to make money. It made $500 million; if it had made $600 million it would've at least broken even.

If overseas gross was so unimportant then blockbusters wouldn't even bother catering to the chinese market. truth is warcraft just didn't make enough regardless of location.