Do you still need to live in the "big cities" (L.A...

Do you still need to live in the "big cities" (L.A., London and New York come to mind) of the world to "make it" as a musician anymore? More specific to a producer. I hate the idea of living in any of those places, but I want my music to be as successful as it can be. Isn't that half the point of the internet? So we DON'T have to meet the artist in person?

Other urls found in this thread:

digitalmusicnews.com/2013/09/25/lies/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

nobody will ever listen to your music no matter where you live

yes
this

no idea but I want to say no

I mean, yes. The internet will help you but it depends on what type of music you are making. Performing at clubs can help you meet people and network. You don't need to live in a massive city, but that depends on what type of music you want to make.

Being isolated can give an outsider vibe that's to be cherished.

Yes
I am in (not London) and I can tell that literally everything is happening in London
so much for my fucking music career. Why didn't I go to UAL

digitalmusicnews.com/2013/09/25/lies/

read this

>Why didn't I go to UAL

Tell me about it, mate

>going to school to learn how to make art

pathetic

>going to uni in London for 'art'

Mate it's just to go down to have better connections. Any uni in London would be fine, just so happens UAL is most central, you birk

thanks for the insight

>pathetic
And this is why you're a faggot. They don't learn to make art, they learn to use the tools properly to make art, as well as the knowledge surrounding it.

If you can make any musical or indeed artistic creation popular you're a level 45 Mage. It's doom out there

>tfw there's no hope of you ever being successful

>L-london is too stressful to live in
>L-london is a lonely place to live
>L-london is too expensive
>Th-there are certain elements of the course I'm not interested in

>Yet your soul remains your own

>quit first year of uni
>start another course following year

My loan wouldn't cover another year of quitting, and now i'm stuck in my home town which I hate. I'm thinking about transferring maybe, I need to be somewhere where music is 'at', so to speak.

I DON'T WANT MY SOUL I WANT MONEY

I have seen the mighty fall.

I think I'll just stick to trying to it in my current field of interest. I wouldn't even have to leave my little home town to pursue it with google being here. they store all the search data of everyone on the east coast there

Rex OrangeCounty is a great example, lived arse-end of no where in UK, Tyler picked him up for his album now played on Radio 1. Might not be mega famous, but still...

you have to prove that people give a shit about what you're making before you're considered noteworthy. this is easier to accomplish in bigger cities where people engage with their culture.

if i'm in a band that can reliably sell out 250 capacity clubs and has good relations with fans and bookers in my city, it says actually say more about being a serious artist that a label could take a chance on than if i have an album out with 15,000 Soundcloud streams.