Battle Droids, what was the point?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=WLpHXo1kC3M
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Why would a battle droid even need binoculars?

The mysteries of life.

filler

this is a pre-render screengrab right? it didn't actually look that bad did it?

Just like clones - save monies on actors.

Their little tiny camera eyes can't zoom very far that's perfectly reasonable. I like the prequels but they are aging terribly

No, that's what the battle droids looked like.

For some reason I like the battle droids, just not the fucking movie they were in.

They clearly put them in this film so they wouldn't have to have many actors for the battles.

Were they actually any good or was the Republic supposed to be that weak? Like, they've been shown to be about as hardy as crystal glassware, how did the trade federation do so well?
>inb4 super battle droids and droidekas
then what was the point of the standard droid?

Battle droids were one of the first mistakes the prequels made. The war should have been a primary source of motivation and tension. Not a foregone conclusion and background for minor chess pieces to be pushed around while Anakin dealt with unrelated motives that drove his destiny.

it rhymes

>The Jedi cut them like butter, they're really quite useless

B R A V O
R
A
V
O

They literally make it look like the Battle Droids are literally cannon fodder.

The Italians of Sci-Fi.

>disliking battle droids

Seriously ?

>For some reason I like the battle droids,
They were a neat design, ruined by all the roger roger shit, and the logical inconsistency inherent in having them all operating through a centrail mainframe but still requiring verbal communication between them.

battle droids were rad, loved how neatly packed together they were in the carriers

The standard droids were repurposed from their original jobs. The trade federation didn't start out as a military force.

The republic didn't have an army until yhe clones were given to them. And they have a numerical advantage and the ability to seemlessly replace losses with a single PO.

Why did their voices change so drastically by Episode III? The monotone was much better than the cartoony version.

Yeah, if only they BTFO'd their enemy's instead of being BTFO'd themselves.

>Battle Droids, what was the point?

If you're going to act like they weren't an ingenious stand-in for Stormtroopers and a pretty well-conceived of excuse for a clone army, we have nothing to talk about.

including these things was so retarded
why were they operating alongside the battle droids? they're clearly superior.

they don't even aesthetically match the droids. it makes no sense to see them side by side, it's so jarring.

They turned into kid friendly comedic characters.

"Haha it's funny because they're dumb HAHAHAHAHAHAHA"
m.youtube.com/watch?v=WLpHXo1kC3M

>Why have regular soldiers? Navy SEALS are clearly superior

Why didn't they just make a driod/gun that shot 3 shots in a triangle formation, the jedi could only block 2.

They're not equipped for any different situations than a battle droid. They're literally just upgraded versions with better guns and better armor. Why would you not make that standard issue?

So the heroes could beat endless enemies without anyone caring about actual deaths.

shotgun lasers are what they honestly needed

Easy to mass-produce but basically useless because flying drones with lasers wouldv'e been brutally effective.

Money. Entire armies can't be elite troops

>more expensive to produce
>battle droids already existed sono point in trashing the original ones instead of throwing them into battle as cannon fodder

>why were they operating alongside the battle droids?
Regular battle droids were cheaper to produce.
>they don't even aesthetically match the droids
They were supplied by a different organization. If you look closely, the head design is similar to the regular droids.

I liked the little rolly ones with the shields.

>InterGalactic Banking Clan
>entire canon and EU universe has only ever taken place in one galaxy
>capitalising the G to create an awkward pause for no reason

Reminder that the battle droids in the movies have a better track record than Stormtroopers

and if you accept the new Disney canon they were going to win the war before being deactivated

Which ones were the Jews?

>The circular dish fires a precision homing laser
>homing laser
THAT IS NOT HOW LASERS WORK REEE

But Navy Seals require significantly more training, droids are just programs.

Top left, banking clan.

aren't their eyes just painted on anyway?

cartoon violence because the target age for episode 1 is probably babby vaders age.

maybe InterGalactic means they operate all over the galaxy?

Kamino ayys

Why did Lucas make it so obvious that the neimoidians were asian? Does he hate asians?

The point of battle droids was to give the Jedi something to slaughter over and over with their lightsabers while keeping the movie PG.

>battle droids don't have pin point accuracy with a gun.

Is there a shittier universe than Shit Wars? I think not, absolute trash in every aspect.

This, it'd be hard to paint the Jedi/republic as good guys if they were massacring living people. But since they're massacring emotionless robots, it doesn't matter!

*Prequel Star Wars

Lucas was earnestly trying to recreate the movies of his childhood, many of which included "yellow peril" type characters. I believe he was just too autistic to realize it would be considered offensive.

>For some reason I like the battle droids

They are likable for some reason. I think it's because they kind of look like dogs.

They're sort of like lovable idiots. God knows why they were made to be so slapstick but it sort of works. Then again it could work if they were more like terminators, it'd just be a bit darker.

Because having the Jedi slicing and dicing their way through an army of clones of a Mandalorian bounty hunter, while assisted by masses of support droids, didn't fit the whole myth of the Jedi being the good guys at all times. The opposition to the Republic had to be vast in number and die bloodlessly for the story to work.

>They clearly put them in this film so they wouldn't have to have many actors for the battles.
They put them in so the heroes can slaughter them en masse and still maintain a PG rating. If Qui Gon was mercilessly murderizing humans of some kind then that film would be ten times darker.

WH40K

at least WH40K has some interensting ideas behind it. SW has nothing

Replying to more than four posts at once should be grounds for a ban

it doesn't even have eyes/cameras or anything on it's head. It's "eyes" are just painted on lmao

Why did Lucas make Watto a Disney executive? Was it a prediction?

>not understanding how the CIS worked together

typical globalist cuck

It still doesn't work. The audience isn't given any indication of why the bad guys are bad other than they wanted independence from the Republic. Which is perfectly valid considering that the Republic uses armies of lab-grown brainwashed humans for war and is led by a Dark Lord.

The whole 'Jedi as military leaders' thing is stupid to begin with.

There's smaller micro-galaxies outside of the main Galaxy.

Wrong buddy.

Because the Sith were behind the separatists, only the audience knew that Palpatine was a sith lord

and the clone army wasn't even made by the Republic

Then they would IntraGalactic.

The Republic is only the good guys because the movie is telling me that they're the good guys.

Objectively, them using what is basically a slave race as soldiers is a quite villainous thing to do.

"I- urrrk!"

god that's some incredibly unfunny instagram humor

Could they get pregnant? Just curious haha

the entire war was orchestrated by palpatine
the jedi got tricked into being enforcers of the republic because the council was retarded

>1999
>watch Episode 1
>oh okay, battle droids are the new cannon fodder equivalent to OT's stormtroopers
>interesting concept, but pretty lame
>whatever, I'm sure they'll think of better enemies for Episode 2 and 3
>mfw

>episode 1
>defeat an entire army of gungans
>episode 2
>kill a lot of jedi in the arena
>episode 3
>literally able to put siege to the republic capital

meanwhile the Empire lost against Ewoks