Tascam appreciation thread post pics of your tascam, link music you made on your tascam...

Tascam appreciation thread post pics of your tascam, link music you made on your tascam, talk shit on fostex and Yamaha etc

Other urls found in this thread:

soundcloud.com/pleasecalmdown/idontneedthis
youtu.be/kWyn0ktJfVU
droopies.bandcamp.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I've got a 414 that is so satisfying to use, though there seems to be a slight noise issue (might be interference, don't know yet).

I would actually prefer a yamaha multitrack though.

Just made this track on my tascam
>Lofi, dancepop, dreamwave
soundcloud.com/pleasecalmdown/idontneedthis

Really? I heard the Yamaha and fostex recording heads are garbage in comparison to the nicer tascams, and they were for more of a budget hobbyist demographic back in the day.

Love this video though
youtu.be/kWyn0ktJfVU

Is it like a low rumbling static sound that comes up regardless of input? My friend has 414 with that issue

Sorta, though it only happens sometimes.

These things were great back in the 90's, But it's pretty much retarded faggotry using one now. I would compare it to 35mm film camera vs. digital photography. Why handicap yourself thus? Dude, I don't really care, it's your funeral.

are you retarded? 35mm actually looks so much nicer than digital with good film and lenses

pic related

It is a charming delusion you're indulging, I have to admit, but it's objectively false and dysfunctional. Like I said; "it's your funeral", enjoy dat Amish lyfe.

Cause it sounds cool

fuck off tascamcucks

also where can i find replacement knobs for this

wheres the best place to buy blank type ii tapes? ive been having to record on type 1s and they sound like shit

It's not about the sound or the trend. Tools and the workflow they induce have an impact on your creation. Making a beat on an MPC or a TR-808 or with samples on ableton don't open the same path. Technically you can do anything on a computer but the bottom of bandcamp's iceberg proves us that possibility is not equal to action

you can find them in the toilet where yamaha four tracks belong

the internet has some I think

hey man i only paid 30 bucks for this because the guy thought it was broken, just needed a new bushing on the drive wheel

all the ones on ebay are retardedly priced

Also the knobs are missing

And yeah that's the it goes dude it's what you pay for that awesome sound shit don't grow on trees

Tape hiss makes me happy.

Is that a 488?? I've been wanting a mkii for a while, but I can decide between that and a syncaset 238

Also nice SOTL reference

It is a 488, Mk I.

I used to find blank type iis in thrift shops all the time, now I don't find cassettes of any kind.

recorded both these albums on a tascam 488mkii
droopies.bandcamp.com/

bump for good thread

lol it even looks like shit as well as sounding like shit
\

424 is my baby

i love my tascam for its lo-fi qualities and embrace them but this sounds professional and crisp. musics kinda boring and generic tho

>I would compare it to 35mm film camera vs. digital photography.
I agree that ascams are hipster crap but don't make comparisons to a field you know absolutely nothing about, shooting film and printing has many benefits

Yeah I think the comparison is that people might want to use a tascam for certain things but clarity isn't one of them

It definitely has a vibe though, it feels like everything you put on there sounds nice, usually without any EQ or anything. Even if it's not the crispiest clearest sound it's certainly beautiful in an objective way