Why is Jay fighting with all the Rogue One fanboys on Twitter?

Why is Jay fighting with all the Rogue One fanboys on Twitter?

Why even respond to all this retardation?

Because RLM has been exposed as fuck and he's running damage control

charlie has a point

I think they can't let go that RLM is just a bunch of hypocrites and hacks that know nothing about cinema or flicks.

>actually typing out "i mean...."

It's what you like, not what you are like, Jay. Everyone knows that.

I dont get how they rag on rogue one but not TFA. I bet its because RO had a bit of PT-postive content, they hate the PT that much

No Jay!

This is the route Spoony went down

Jay has a tweet for you, user.

>I love this for this reasons
>I hate this for the same reasons
rinse and repeat
RLM

Who cares about the opinion of an uneducated slacker? What does he know about film? Very little. Sad!

Well if any of the shit I read years back about the backstory of Jay and Mike and Rich is true, than it's known that Jay is very sensitive to stuff. Honestly, the Star Wars fanbase is rabid so it's expected to be blasted for attacking this, especially Rich's opinion of the Expanded Universe. Star Wars fans been wanting to ruin RLM for a long time and this latest onslaught is nothing new.

holy shit this is heated
ABSOLUTE MADMAN

Jay is sad lonely little man, looking down on internet peasants who don't have any paetrons is all he has.

Can you imagine adrenaline rushing through Jay as he types his little quips?

2cute

There are people right now who are mad at two guys for not liking a movie they like.

They didn't like TFA because of its fanservice, they liked it in spite of the fanservice

>two guys

Yeah, who could get mad at Rich.

THERE IS A GIUY PM 4CJAM ROGJT NOW WHO IS MAD AT PEOPLE WHOA RE MAD AT TWO GUYS FOR NOT LIKING A MOVIE THEY LIKE

I'm just curious how Jay defines his life by things he hates?

Jay going in for the kill.

No, Rich is the two guys

Fucking kek'd.

>Fighting with someone who mildly cares about star wars
>Being ass hurt when they call them bad
You people are pathetic

Rogue one was shit but tfa was worse

He knows he got roped in by Mike again and echoed his opinions and now hes getting defensive about it.

Great quote from a guy who makes his living talking about pop culture.

Fandom is a very intruiging phenomenon where a lot of people take RLM's words as law.

And once they decree something that doesn't go well with the fans' favor, it causes a riot.

Personally, I thought their review of RO was too harsh. I know they always concentrate on the negatives in their HITB reviews, but this one felt like a public execution to the point it's satire.

I don't care that they or anyone else disliked it but I really found most of their reasoning poor

>bad characters
Was is it a masterpiece of characterization and writing? By no means but none of star wars is. Personally I thought these characters were great but how could you not see them as par for the course at least?

>too much old stuff
Well wtf do you want its set during the OT time period?

>too dark, star wars has to be happy fun adventure time or it doesn't work
That's just like your opinion man.

That said I agree with them on Forest Whitaker's character and though it didn't bother me I can understand their feelings about CGI Tarkin.

Is Jay's little Twitter icon a frame from that corrupted Best of the Worst? Neat guy.

Was TFA the last movie Mike liked?

Feels like he's just cynical about everything he watches. Guy comes across so jaded

Based RLM shitting on Star Fags left right and centre. Hey guys anyone remember Darth Vader, you'll sure love this film then!

user they love TFA though, these guys aren't anti Star Wars.

Not an argument

At least TFA was trying to tell a real story and go somewhere, even if it was shit. Rouge one exists to reference and show things we've already seen and tell a story that we already knew the ending too and didn't even matter.

Insecurity. He knows that their criticism of Rogue One was flimsy and hypocritical seeing how much they masturbated over the Force Awakens

TFA is a reskin of ANH

>At least TFA was trying to tell a real story and go somewhere
Heres your (you)...

TFA was a remake of another Star Wars movie. Rogue One tried something new and did it much better.

I fucking hate when people do this, particularly when there's no preceding point to clarify the meaning of.

btfo

Arrival
Don't Breathe

Hey guys they have those giant walker things that we know and love but this one has a hole in the middle for some reason, 10/10.

>Rey is a very charismatic character
reminder Jay actually believes this

Lel this argument is as stupid as "theres no tension in WW2 movies, we know the nazis are gonna lose"

Or "we already know how he lived his life whats the point making a movie about it" as an argument against any biopic.

They absolutely shit on RO for not trying anything new and yet praise TFA despite the fact that it's a carbon copy of ANH. I'll admit that I'm a fan of theirs but this shit is starting to push me away.

Well things that really happened are different from a cursory detail in a fictional story that doesn't change anything.

The problem is not that they didn't like it the problem is that they assert it was terrible as a matter of fact and that anyone who did like it was a fat neckbeard jacking off in the theater.

They demonized the fans that's what people are upset about. If they said "we didn't like it but we understand how some people might" nobody would give a shit.

>They absolutely shit on RO for not trying anything new and yet praise TFA despite the fact that it's a carbon copy of ANH
So did you only listen to those two points in their respective TFA and R1 reviews and ignore the other 30 minutes of discussion?

So is the Phantom Menace.

He's not fighting with anyone though. He's made like two or three smartass comments to dumb SW fanboys.

Wut?

>no rag tag group of rebels
>no empire

They're like not similar at all.

They really fucked up this time. This was just a bad review.

>fan service
TFA had much, much more of that
>action sequences
RO had objectively better ones
>lacked characters with "spunk"
I forgot every Disney movie now has to follow the marvel model
>there was too much dialogue
Every other movie they complain about a lack of exposition, now they complain there is too much
>too much of the same things
Wait, so you mean to tell me the the rebels and the empire, taking place literally right before ANH, has the same vehicles, weapons, etc of ANH? color me fucking shocked

Cameos and shit were gratuitous but that is done in literally every star wars movie post OT

They whine about the original trilogy weapons and technology being used in this movie as "fanservice" despite it making sense since Rogue One is set right before that. But they had no problem with the millennium falcon showing up in TFA on the very same planet Rey is living on in an enormous coincidence, or Luke's lightsaber being found even though that makes no sense, or Vader's mask being recovered which also makes no sense.

Its a sign of a career in decline

>movie that's specfically made to be a nostalgic rehash is competently made and does its job
>movie that's specifically made to be different is less competent, isn't different, can't commit, fucks up the tone, and doesn't do its job

Why is Jay so mean?

Jay makes so low level comebacks.

He sounds like a 16 years old kid who's into politics.

cuck.

The best thing is TFA had literally 0 new ships. Everything was a copy of OT ships with few things added to make them look more modern.

Instead R1 had a ton of new stuff.

Why are RLM so based bros?

>>fan service
>TFA had much, much more of that
In their TFA review, they mentioned that the fan service was one of the film's worst aspects.

>>action sequences
>RO had objectively better ones
They mention in their R1 review that the action sequences were incredibly well executed and that the look of the world is better than in TFA.

>>lacked characters with "spunk"
>I forgot every Disney movie now has to follow the marvel model
You're exagerating what they said

>>there was too much dialogue
They literally never said this. They said the exposition was flat and not clever. That's not the same thing as "too much dialogue"

>>too much of the same things
>Wait, so you mean to tell me the the rebels and the empire, taking place literally right before ANH, has the same vehicles, weapons, etc of ANH? color me fucking shocked
Their point is that R1 existing at all is just a lazy excuse to make a new SW movie with as much familiar imagery from the original film as possible.

Do you faggots even listen to what they say or do you just read what other Sup Forums faggots have already complained about and pretend like you've actually watched their reviews?

What are you talking about? He sounds like someone that thinks fanboys are pathetic and is just messing with them.

Was Jay literally shaking while reading all these hostile comments about the Rogue One review?

That's why you review Star Wars but not Hacksaw Ridge, huh?

RLM have painted themselves into a corner with their "it was everything i wanted" TFA review.

blatant to all and sundry that they were still huffing the first night vapours, but ever since they made it they've had to stand by it, even though it treads on the toes of everything else they want to say about the film industry.

the plinkett review only doubled down on this.

put them in a really bad spot DESU.

Did you think you were making some sort of clever point when you made this post?

>their "it was everything i wanted" TFA review.
But that's not what the review was.

Don't try to fight the circlejerk user, it's not worth it.

literally what mike says mate.

"i loved it. it was everything i wanted it to be"

Every Star Wars movie post OT has been puke.

These new movies are just such a lazy halfbaked excuse to make as much money as possible, and the fanboys lapping it up without giving it a second thought is astounding. This attempt of billion dollar mega corps tryingto bank on anything with cultural value and then hiding behind a facade of "doing it for the fans" is just cynical. You make generic action film #8941562456 , slap the most waferthin "Star wars" veneer as possible or rather what your main demography considers to be central in star wars, label it as star wars and ship it out to the world to make bank. Strip it of its superficial and shallow references to previous installments and you're left with a bland an uninspired action movie. Any references are just surplus value to churn out more profit. Rlm and other critics are right to address that issue

Its the exact same process as weeaboos buying their practical elite knockoff katanas, just on a globalised scale.

He has a point. Why should Mike not Stoklasa care that Jay didn't like Rogue One.

Yeah, he's a master ruser

Having spent years on the RLM forums, I can tell you:

Jay assumes every joke in the internet is serious and takes offense all the time
Jay has to be the smartest person in the room

I'm pretty much on the same page as you, user.

>bad characters
I agreed with them on this point, I thought the characters were the weakest element of the movie. Though largely because the characters given the most attention were boring. Jyn was a flat line, so was Hispanic guy who's name I never learned, and their budding romance in the last 20 minutes felt really forced. I liked Baze and Chirrut, they had great on screen chemistry and a great bromance, Bohdi was fine but didn't do enough, and I liked K2-SO. But the biggest crime the movie committed on it's characters was that it gave them no time to grow close, they just sort of were, and the audience can't fully get attached to people we haven't seen open up, or at the very least get to know someone else, because that's how we, as an audience, get to know them. Halo: Reach did a similar thing, you just aren't attached enough to enough of the characters for all of the deaths to carry weight. Some of R1's deaths I was gutted about, others I didn't care at all and that's down to development and lack of character in Jyn and her Hispanic buddy.

>too much old stuff
Right there with you, their complaint about the Rebel base especially felt out of place.
It's set within days of New Hope, why would there be a different base. It's set in the same time period, of course shit's gonna be around that you recognise, it was literally unavoidable. They could either follow continuity or break it and add a load of new shit, which they probably would have bitched about too.

>too dark, star wars has to be happy fun adventure time or it doesn't work
I think Clone Wars and it's numerous great Clone episodes or dark departures proved that isn't the case, even if you disregard the old EU completely, those bits are still canon.

Would have liked more Whitaker, he was underutilised and his death felt out of character. Tarkin didn't bother me, but yeah I agree that it was a bit of an odd decision.

lol

>"""""""competently made""""""""
This meme needs to end.

>stop not liking what I like!

Trump is literally a redditor, he's posted on /r/T_D twice. You know who has never posted on Reddit?

Bernie Sanders.

This isn't true at all.

I mean you're both a couple of faggots so I guess your opinions don't matters

because they understand what makes a good review is not about aligning your opinion to general consensus as closely as possible. You can have a massively unpopular opinion about a movie, but still write a good review about why you liked/ didn't like it.

fuck off shills