Martin Scorsese's The Irishman to use De-Aging CGI

>The Irishman became one of the most eagerly anticipated movie projects in development when it was announced that Martin Scorsese would be directing Robert De Niro, Al Pacino and hopefully Joe Pesci in the long mooted crime drama. Based upon Charles Brandt's novel I Heard You Paint Houses, The Irishman tells the story of Frank Sheeran, who on his deathbed claimed to have murdered Jimmy Hoffa. But now producer Gaston Pavlovich has given us another reason to start counting down the months, weeks and days until The Irishman is with us, as he's confirmed that it's going to follow the path recently paved by Rogue One and de-age Robert De Niro.

>Well it's an extraordinary technology that we've been looking at. You don't use prosthetics, make-up, they have acting and the technology is able to have them go through different time ages without the prosthetics. So we've seen some tests and it looks extraordinary. We were able to film Bob and just do a scene, and we saw it come down to when he was like 20, 40, 60, so we're looking forward to that, from that point of view, for The Irishman ... Imagine seeing what De Niro looked like in The Godfather 2 days, that's pretty much how you're going to see him again.

cinemablend.com/news/1601880/the-irishman-wants-to-use-rogue-one-type-cgi-to-de-age-robert-de-niro

>De-aging CGI.
It always looks so fucking bad.
Just use a different, same-y looking actor. Million times better

also ITS NEVER COMING OUT

I wish I could be de-aged to 20.

This'll be interesting.

Hey, does anyone know the name of that other movie where Joe Pesci plays a diminutive, short-tempered gangster?

>Calling Robert De Niro Bob
I realize the guy himself was probably cool with it, but come on, get the fuck out of here with that shit Gaston.

home alone

>Joe Pesci
He is not going to be in it, he said that a million times

He actually prefers Bob.

Anthony Hopkins prefers Tony, and has everyone call him that.

The great debate

>no liam neeson

dropped

Pacino looks like an ugly woman

>i just want to fuck my whole film up
thanks Scorsese

>He doesn't know everyone calls De Niro either Bob or Bobby D.

Do you want to deal with alcoholism when he loses his job at the plant?
vs
Do you want to deal with his inevitable heroin overdose after a 72hr bender of coke and Sartre?

>De aging CGI.
Fucking dropped.

>watching anyone movie with the good goym Robert De Niro

no thanks.

>Irishman
>All of them are actually Italian

MUH HERITAGE!!!!

whats the difference between this and MoCap?
can mocap performances be considered actual acting now?

if they do this it will be such an embarrassment and a stain on the careers of everybody involved. it would be like Heaven's Gate in terms of signaling an end to an era of filmmaking -- "this is what became of New Hollywood."

So you're basically saying...fuggedaboudit!

De Niro's ancestry is Irish not Italian.

you honestly think anyone of them gives a shit? De Niro's done almost nothing but shit for a decade, Pacino did an Adam Sandler movie, Pesci hasn't given a fuck about acting probably since Lethal Weapon 4.