Thinking of buying a Sansa clip, any thoughts?

Thinking of buying a Sansa clip, any thoughts?

I think they're only expandable up to a 16gb microSD which isn't good if you enjoy a lot of albums.

Apparently the 8gb is expandable up to 32gb-- which isn't very good if you want it as a dedicated music player and not just something you throw on if you're jogging or something.

best mp3 player i've ever had, other than my Lyra RD2204A.

It's a good mp3 player. I had one as a kid, but the clip broke off after a few years.

I use a sandisk clip sport with a 32gb SD card, thing works perfect. Brought it with me around the world on some harsh travels without getting even a scrape on it, and still use it all the time

Rockbox firmware supports up to 2TB microSD cards with fat32 filesystem

Sheesh, do they still make these? I had one in 2008 when I was 12. What do they even cost nowadays?

You would probably get more information from Sup Forums but all you need to know is that it's cheap, durable, and with rockbox (google it) you can allow it to go up to 2 TB and play practically any format you could possibly listen to.
The DAC on it is good too, make sure you say you aren't from yurope in the settings as they disallow it from going to full volume.

surely just get an android phone with a sd card slot so you can ram a huge one in and fill it.

either that or buy an ipod classic.
had mine for nearly 15 years. use it every day, still works perfectly.

I like mine a lot. It has lasted me two very physical blue-collar jobs.

Phones arent great if you listen to music at work a lot. Ipods are a pain in the ass because you have to install the dogshit itunes malware program on your PC.

have been using one almost everyday for the last 5 years, pretty great while exercising, battery still lasts enough but the play/pause button started to show some problems, probably I just have to open it and clean it

only if you need to restore it or something, foobar works perfectly with ipods

They are getting pricey now.

Nah man you gotta get a walkman and buy everything on tape

About 30.

Well the Jam model is, fucking 100 euros (don't know about dollars) for the clip + on amazon...fuck me that's overpriced.

probably better off asking but the new models don't seem as popular. people are paying well over retail for old models used for a reason.

Use a phone. I got 128 gs of space on my phone more than enough to fill it with music

Major price spike since they got discontinued, a solid player though but at the price there are better ones out there.

Is it worth buying a shitty mp3 and putting this on it?