I honestly think that Zack Snyder should direct a Power Rangers movie

I honestly think that Zack Snyder should direct a Power Rangers movie.
His direction style is literally the 2010s Hollywood version of what Power Rangers is going for.
>Colorful designs and world
>Characters with frequent hand to hand combat
>Large scale fights featuring giant monsters and robots
>Characters with unimportant personalities
>Teamwork among a team that very often doesn't get along
>Unimportant and often skipped explanations for the characters abilities and powers
Why didn't Lionsgate try to get him? This could have been amazing. It might be his first well received film in what, a decade?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?list=LL9kt1tHPMVer-anAw2gCnSA&v=r8g2-_yJdN4
youtube.com/watch?v=qfiWmOth6Bk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Why didn't Lionsgate try to get him?
he only does kino

>Zack Snyder
Fuck off pleb
If anyone should do it then it should be Bay

No, Michael Bay makes movies he thinks are just dumb fun. Snyder at least tries. The original Power Rangers was trying too, it wasn't a campfest like 60s Batman.

>"I don't understand the films of Zack Snyder and that seriously triggers me"
It's okay OP, not everyone can "get" good films
Most of hollywood panders to your bottom-of-the-barrel sensibilities anyway. So be content and let us cinema-fans have Snyder's artistic genius

Michael Wilkinson would have to design everything.

Save Snyder for Wild Force.

Watchmen weren't well received?

Snyder would just try to make the film into some weird religious symbolism and have a bunch of unnecessary slo-mo shots

>he thinks MoS and BvS were about religion
LMAO

I dont but there is an autistic DCuck that posts weird essays about how those movies were secretly "genius" using christcuck symbolism

They watch ninja films in Office Space
Would you say that film was about ninjas? Of course not you fucking dipshit

>edgy, grimdark power rangers movie with a dull and desaturated colour palette and anime tier writing
No thanks

>goldar about to kill red ranger
>m-martha
>martha? My moms name is martha
>goldar and the power rangers team up to kill Rita

>>Characters with unimportant personalities

ooh shit! looks like the simpsons is about religion too!

What we're getting:
>teen drama bullshit that takes itself too seriously
What Snyder would've given us:
>symbolism and grimdark bullshit that takes itself too seriously

Either way we're fucked. I don't really give a shit about Power Rangers but if you're gonna do a new film adaptation of it then you've gotta embrace the colorful/campy aspects of it. That's the entire appeal of the franchise. Trying to make it dark/serious is retarded.

>colorful
B8?

I don't get you DCucks. For months you insisted that MoS and BvS are deep films because of "MUH SYMBOLISM" but now you're saying the symbolism doesn't matter.

>watching power Rangers past the age of six, much less into the 2000s.

Wew.

Campy and fun like the good old days....why does everything have to be dark and gritty now? Is everyone trying to be Christopher Nolan?

>Zack Snyder
>Colorful designs and world

This is the problem with all the critics, they fundamentally lack the ability to understand what they're watching
The symbolism is highly relevant. But Superman is not supposed to be Jesus - that's the entire point - cause humanity sees him as the second coming, or the first coming of a new god

why does everything have to be dark and gritty now? Is everyone trying to be Christopher Nolan?

But Nolan isn't dark or gritty

David S Goyer should die

Hell, they DID dark and serious but still remembered to make fun of itself
youtube.com/watch?list=LL9kt1tHPMVer-anAw2gCnSA&v=r8g2-_yJdN4
youtube.com/watch?v=qfiWmOth6Bk

I'm a europoor who never watched any power rangers as a kid and the only thing i know about it is that they wore those suits and that theme song
redpill me, did I miss out or is it just nostalgia like transformers?

I'd say he's closer to Moses than Jesus (seriously, the origin is exactly the same)

Personally I would like to see Snyder direct a JoJo's adaptation.
We all know he has a hardon for ripped men and over the top action

I think Marvel should just buy the rights to Power Rangers.

>[quips internally]

They were owned by Disney for like 8 years

>often skipped explanations for the characters abilities and powers
Name one. Literally, anyone!

No, cause user, if he names one then someone will point out where it is mentioned and then he'll feel stupid

I still have my SuperTrain MegaZord along with the Rescue MegaZord that fits in it.

I kinda feel like that series, mixing a loving interpretation of the Thunderbirds with an ultimate combination super robot made out of trains was when the Super Sentai genre hit Maximum Japan.

First American-made Ranger

>it's a "let's turn a fun kids franchise into something darker, grittier and overly-dramatic to appeal to an audience that doesn't exist" episode

The Rescue Squad aesthetic was great.

Tarsem Singh does Zack Snyder better

FUCK YES. MICHAEL BAY AND ZACK SNYDER.

i really wish this would happen and i don't know why i never thought of it before.

this new movie is gonna blow so hard

>Snyder directing a Power Rangers movie
So you want all the rangers to be a different shade of sepia?

I think everyone can agree Time Force is best

Word