The Chinese century

How is your country preparing for the Chinese century?

Other urls found in this thread:

forbes.com/sites/kalevleetaru/2017/05/22/googles-new-180-petaflop-deep-learning-cloud-and-the-future-of-academic-computing/#419659e161f0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

We are responsible for the rise of China

America will go out in nuclear armageddon

Indeed.

Nixon and his crew made China communist in name only.

japan is over

We are lubing the entrances of our anuses in preparation for the giant CHINESE dragon cock to penetrate our anal cavities

The Soviet Union was a way cooler ideological enemy

Yeah well the SU is gone now and China is the sole tattered remnant of the once great communism superalliance.

That being said, I think Nixon was a pretty cool guy and not afraid of Khrushchev or public opinion

>chinks in charge of the AI singularity

we're all doomed

If your country is not in this pic, it's a non country

Ummm, I'm slightly retarded, as all Americans are. Can some smart non-American tell me why supercomputers are very important? Me no understand.

As China's economic growth slows, it is doomed by geography, and the irresistible pull of history, to fragment again. There simply can't exist a China where the interior is anywhere near as wealthy as the coastal cities, and this division between the economically vibrant coastal cities in southern China and the hardened militarists in the northern interior, will lead to breakdown in central authority.

Because quantum computing. The higher spec supercomputer you have, the closer your nation becomes to cracking enigmas involving quantum physics.

We have completely submitted. I married a chinese girl and beg her to do the amazon position. Learning Chinese is hard.

I've forgotten the film's name, but it's about a woman talking to aliens. If it is accurate, and movies always are, then the Chinese will be careful.

I just need access to the nukes
then I can stop it before it starts

The US simply doesn't need these kind of centralized HPC/supercomputing facilities.

The largest American advertising company (Google) has several times more computing power than the entire list combined.

China will (and is) sending wealth to the interior so that those in Yunnan, Tibet, Xinjiang, Inner Mongolia etc are richer than those across the border anyway. No need for foment.

Why is solving quantum physics important?

>The Soviet Union was a way cooler ideological enemy
This. Hollywood would have gone bankrupt in the 80's without the big red villain writing scripts for Sylvester Stallone.

encryption. they gon get our nuclear codez n sheet

Sending wealth to the interior requires taking it from the coastal cities, a move that will never be popular. As has always happened when China's economy is opened up to the wider world, the coast will find itself increasingly aligned with foreign powers instead of Beijing.

This is a story as old as Chinese history itself, but modern people always think they can somehow escape it.

>Mexico 1
What a powerful bean-counter

Back then both sides claimed their ideologies would lead to utopia. The current Chinese-American competition is a brazen race to the bottom by both sides.

forbes.com/sites/kalevleetaru/2017/05/22/googles-new-180-petaflop-deep-learning-cloud-and-the-future-of-academic-computing/#419659e161f0

So.. let me get this straight lest I forget.

You're telling me that we're literally battling over encryption codes this very moment with our supercomputers just to gain access over their nukes so we can proclaim to the world that we, or whoever gains access to all nukes, reigns as dominant superpower.

So WW3 is, in fact, the First Cyber War?

CHI

>How is your country preparing for the Chinese century?

Germany currently has the best relations with China out of any Western counry. Germany is China's first contact for all matters European.

We regular host very large trade summits that include whole cabinets and goverment representatives signing off major deals. Sino-German government consultations, are an exclusive mechanism for Sino-German communications.

We are surprisingly closely aligned when it comes to trade, environmental and foreign policy, supporting free trade, climate agreements and opposing military interventions like in Iraq and Libya.

We are more than ready for the Chinese century.

yes, sparked by AI terminators in its plan to incubate us into battery cells

I blame Reagan, personally
His "neoliberal revolution" basically changed our side to "fuck over your population in the name of profit", combined with a healthy serving of "blame liberals and minorities when that backfires" to keep power

It became less about liberty and more about capitalism, and now that China has perfected "capitalism without liberty" there's nowhere for us to go without heading back to where we were, not that we're going to

>Iraq and Libya

Libya? Grounding the Libyan Air Force was a UN decision that Russia and China could have vetoed but they didn't.

The Chinese are becoming more Sinocentric and anti-Western with every generation. Only the old uneducated ones worship Westerners.

It's not about 'worshipping' westerners. It's about procuring capital, having markets for your goods, and being able to pay your employees.

You're assuming that the coastal cities have to choose between being ruled by Beijing or being ruled by foreigners, but the truth is that they can just as easily choose free association without having to submit to anyone's rule.

The coastal Chinese are very patriotic and loyal.

Learning Chinese and training my eyes.

Things like decryption/encryption of information. Security analysis/processing information.

Some are just contracted out and used on science projects. Super computers aren't even super important in this day and age thanks to distributed computing and all that jazz.

Man are all Germans this pathetic?

>want to absorb the EU into a super-economic block
>want to join forces with China and serve their rise to super-power status

why not just be a normal country and engage in diplomatic/political/military rivalry and espionage? holy fuck have you learned nothing from Victoria 2 or EU4?

You think we can convince the Chinese working class to rise up and demand better working conditions? I think slowing down the engine of capitalism over there is the only way to stop the race to the bottom over here.

Of course if shit slows down in China though it only means new markets will open up in places like Africa or South America and we'll have the same problems all over again.

So patriotic and loyal that they're purposely moving their accrued capital out of the country before Beijing can confiscate it to buy the loyalty of more illiterate peasants.

Germans unironically believe they live in an age where geopolitics no longer applies. You can't explain to a German that Germany can't engage in meaningful trade with a country like China without the United States (and to a lesser extent, the United Kingdom) giving them tacit approval to do so by not blockading them.

Thus they always believe that if they can export more stuff to more countries, they can eventually be number 1.

I mean I'd understand it if they were playing CK2 and where only individuals and holdings are important (although unironically true in the age of shareholder capitalism) but they have to understand the world is complex and requires a zero-sum game approach so that your total score won't have you become a secondary power.

If that happens, and balance of power is not maintained I fear the world will slip into another Hearts of iron 4 scenario. which will be ultimately unfortunate.

Lenin and I guess Marx by proxy was right then.

>he fell for the china meme

Germany's Western alignment is the most central pillar of German post-war foreign policy.

Hearing Merkel, a hardcore transatlanticist who is known for only making vague and very diplomatic statements on anything ever saying that the US ceased to by a reliable ally, was a political earthquake and could mark the the beginning of a new political paradigm.

We're not a reliable ally to Germany anymore. German interests lie, oddly enough, with Russia, especially in the energy sector (Germany is highly-dependent on Russian gas and oil). Pre-1990, it made sense for Germany to align with NATO - Russian power was literally on its doorstep and all of its economic power was tied to the west.

In 2017, however, this is not the case, so Germany has no interest in fighting Russia, and will probably do everything in its power to keep NATO from standing up to Russia.

>combined with a healthy serving of "blame liberals and minorities when that backfires" to keep power

Oh, is that what you call bending over for non-whites and leftists, giving amnesty to illegals, destroying the white race?

I fucking wish Republicans really were about attacking and aiming at non-whites and leftists.

that shit is a crap in real use

dude, what the fuck? are you an alt-righter or something?

Turn off the proxy Tyrobe Sanchez.

I don't really give a shit about my race, I just wanna have a good quality of life. White heritage and bullshit like that means nothing to me, it doesn't matter in life and a sure as shit won't matter when I'm dead.

>Chinese century
You mean like how last century was initially supposed to be the German century, then the Russian century, then the German century again, then the Russian century, then the Japanese century, and in the end was absolutely none of the above?

nigga we looking ahead 50 years to the african centuries

chinks lie and deceive about everything
where is proof?

there hasn't been an african century in the history of mankind since cavemen (no egypt doesn't count). not going to start worrying about it now

Very soon user
VERY soon

Just because it hasn't happened yet doesn't mean it never will. Face it, Africa is one of the most likely places companies will turn to to source cheap labor once the Chinese start demanding higher wages and better working conditions.

America's days as an industrial powerhouse are over, China's days as an industrial powerhouse are numbered, and Africa's rise as an industrial powerhouse is on the horizon.

sweden :3

>every single place with high population and cheap labor is bound to be an industrial superpower!
stop with this meme

India might be growing fast, but it's still eons behind China. Brazil had some good years but is now back to being a stagnating shithole. Indonesia has never even come slightly close to be relevant in any way whatsoever. Bangladesh is still just as much of a shithole as ever. Mexico is eternally cucked by the US. The list goes on.

I'll take Japan over China. Too many people in China.

Industrial development is moving to India, not Africa

By eyeing him seductively everyday

Look at the average IQ of the country, you will understand why some country will be industrial powerhouse while some country will not.

You don't need a high IQ to work in a sweatshop.

a country full of 60-IQ people will be MUCH more likely to suffer from eternal political instability, food shortages, crime, disease, extreme corruption, all of which halts any form of development and, most importantly, scares away investors