ITT: former GOATs who are no longer GOATs because new players have eclipsed them

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cmpRLQZkTb8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Name a few bands better than them.

Black Eyed Peas
U2
Foo Fighters
Rammstein

So pra contrariar

rihanna

i usually don't take bait but I will for The Beatles
Suck my penis

21 pilots

Oasis
youtube.com/watch?v=cmpRLQZkTb8

Offspring

Death Grips

this desu

>this has turned into Sup Forums
I'd say nirvana, radiohead, and arcade fire

Boris

>The Who
>Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac
>The Doors
>Jimi Hendrix
>Cream
>Velvet Underground
>The Stooges
And those are just from the 60s

Pete Sampras

The Beach Boys. Daily reminder they ripped of Back in the USSR from California Girls

Radiohead

To be fair, last time Pele played in full form was in the 70s

Radiohead
Sonic Youth
Pavement

Joe Montana...

And the Beatles are still goat desu, go back to Sup Forums with your fingerless gloves with that death grips shit.

>infested by radiohead plebs
Yep, it's Sup Forums alright

>arcade fire
lol

even after the recent shit pile they just pushed out? regardless, only Funeral and Neon Bible are good anyway; that's 2 out of 5

Pele was never the goat and garrincha was always better than him. Fight me

Chainsmokers
A$AP MOB
Coldplay
Migos

Raça negra
inimigos da hp
paralamas do sucesso

Dan Marino
Michael Jordan
Gordie Howe
Joe Montana

>Dan Marino

Coldplay, Radiohead, Oasis, Gorillaz

Kero Kero

Depends on the genre, Beatles are GOAT pop rock, no one hit wonder or any other group will ever come close no even with the meme inflated market of today. People also have to understand that they completely changed their sound WHILE they were still GOATs, who the fuck has done that today?

Big Time Rush

exactly.
they are like wilt,
the put up crazy numbers like no one did before and the game has changed so much it is ensured that no one will ever be able to surpass him.

>Pele
GOAT
>Garrincha
Goat-fucker

Really joggles your noggin now doesn't it

There aren't any, no other artist has released that many top quality, genre defining albums
No joking though the closest artist we have right now to compare is Kanye

Radiohead did that, compare The Bends and OK Computer to Kid A and Amnesiac, although I suppose that was over 15 years ago but it is a recent example

NOFX

Protip: The beach boys and the beatles were the tupac and biggie of their generation

All Radiohead sounds like the same shit

>Doesn't really understand how marketing works, but maybe he's just naive
>the closest artist we have right now to compare is Kanye
>Nope, just a retard

There's not liking a band and then theres just lying

Scooter, Die Prinzen, PUR, Landser, 1Live Babo-Bus, Torfrock, BroSis, die CDU-Rocker aus Düsseldorf, Die Doofen, K.I.Z., Lunikoff Verschwörung, Unheilig

Just to name a few.

>Arab oil money means you eclipsed someone
The absolute state of Sup Forums customers

Probably the only correct post ITT

backstreet boys

Platini, did he even Dab?

Pink Floyd, unironically

>Radiohead did that

Nobody

You can't compete with Revolver ,Abbey road , MMT

Radiohead is miles better than beatles

Dark Tranquility, Kalmah

can't see MVG eclipsing feel's major haul

didn't help that back in feel's true prime he could keep that standard going for ages while other players challenged but either faded or immediately gave up

the 2017 matchplay is the last time even something resembling prime taylor will be seen

He's still #1 in my heart desu senpai

Bands? I'm not a faggot sorry

Young Jeezy
Gucci mane
Jadakiss
50 cent
Pusha T
Mac 10
Mac dre
Wu tang

Just to name a few

Literally who?

>caring about ape collision

Top fucking jej

Linkin Park

This. killing yourself > getting killed by Yoko Ono

Aviões do Forró

I feel my mission of protecting Pelé's legacy is acomplished

Any band featured in THPS2

The fact that so many books still name the Beatles as "the greatest or most significant or most influential" rock band ever only tells you how far rock music still is from becoming a serious art. Jazz critics have long recognized that the greatest jazz musicians of all times are Duke Ellington and John Coltrane, who were not the most famous or richest or best sellers of their times, let alone of all times. Classical critics rank the highly controversial Beethoven over classical musicians who were highly popular in courts around Europe. Rock critics are still blinded by commercial success. The Beatles sold more than anyone else (not true, by the way), therefore they must have been the greatest. Jazz critics grow up listening to a lot of jazz music of the past, classical critics grow up listening to a lot of classical music of the past. Rock critics are often totally ignorant of the rock music of the past, they barely know the best sellers. No wonder they will think that the Beatles did anything worthy of being saved.
In a sense, the Beatles are emblematic of the status of rock criticism as a whole: too much attention paid to commercial phenomena (be it grunge or U2) and too little to the merits of real musicians. If somebody composes the most divine music but no major label picks him up and sells him around the world, a lot of rock critics will ignore him. If a major label picks up a musician who is as stereotyped as can be but launches her or him worldwide, your average critic will waste rivers of ink on her or him. This is the sad status of rock criticism: rock critics are basically publicists working for major labels, distributors and record stores. They simply highlight what product the music business wants to make money from.

Neutral Milk Hotel

seeing them in November
stoked asf

Bright Eyes
Simon & Garfunkel
Elliott Smith

>A$AP Mob and Migos
>band
Pic one

Morning Musume

Morning Musume

Freezepop