Explain how this idiotic franchise with those ridiculous costumes and retarded names made so much money

Explain how this idiotic franchise with those ridiculous costumes and retarded names made so much money

Explain why you care about a franchise intended for teenage girls

Guerilla advertising, and the tactical release of her nudes to draw attention.

Because it was released at the peak of the YA fiction trend, with a hyped up actress.

Battle Royale was a great movie, but being in moonspeak limited its audience.

It's based on a book series. It already had an established fanbase. That plus attractive actors and obvious political parallels.

today's teens literally have shit taste because that's all they've been fed their entire lives

>Explain how this idiotic franchise with those ridiculous costumes and retarded names made so much money

sounds like capeshit

Hunger Games > Star Wars

Teenage girls get hot down there looking at hot guys and pretending they want to fuck them.

tbqh the final act of battle royale was subpar. Still much better than HG.

First one wasn't that bad, the last one was unwatchable. Legit 1/10 movie like independence day 2 or Ghostbusters

>tfw you actually liked the books but can't ever talk about that again ever since the movies came out and spawned an insanely obnoxious fanbase that mostly consists of fat tumblrinas

The first one was surprising good, JLaw was actually good in it too.

Because the books were popular.

Also the franchise itself burn out by the last two movies.

Also
>implying the characters clothes weren't /fa/

>It already had an established fanbase.
This.
People reads, too, OP.
In fact, the same can be said about videogame movies. Even if YOU think it's shit, fuck men, maybe you are not in the target demographic. World is bigger than your moms house.

The horrible sequel movie killed the franchise desu.

Thats probably the main reason why there wasn't a american remake before hunger games movies were made.

I didn't even know there was a sequel.

The HG sequels were also absolutely terrible. Is there a name for the phenomenon where a book series is based around something, but as the sequels go forward, the thing the series was originally based on gets cast to the wayside?

The series is ostensibly about the actual Hunger Game event, but with each movie, the Hunger Games take more and more of a backseat to whatever else is going on, to the point where it's not even a part of the movies anymore.

There are other examples of this happening elsewhere, but I can't think of any off the top of my head.

I agree about the HG sequels being terrible.

Though I kind of like catching fire just because of some the humor elements(mosts YA take themselves to seriously) and Jena malone character.

Actually those costumes were the only decent thing

>Be a teenager
>Be LITERALLY the most important, incredible person to ever live
>Be stuck under the rule of stupid evil parents who hate me and don't let me do anything fun
>Be unable to do anything about it because uh, got other stuff to do
>Find book and film about strong, smart teen hero just like me
>She's also oppressed by evil people who hate good things and are monsters for no reason

It's just, like, I can relate so much to how, like, evil the people she fights are and, like, she's a role model and stuff.

Teenage girls using daddy's money

Teenage girls are the worst thing to happen to entertainment